Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 2 Sep 2013, 23:58 (Ref:3298130)   #26
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi CDM

Unfortunately I have to disagree "To be fair tinted tail lights are purely cosmetic,",
they are not allowed on street cars as in some light conditions they are hard to see if activated. More important in a racing situation where you need to be able to see when the car in front is braking.
Obviously the team or teams involved don't want the following car too close.

I think you will find the items listed by Backseat driver are a tip of the iceberg.

When teams are resorting to importing their own engines due to the fact V8ST have such a great dollar mark up on them, who is to blame ?
Old 3 Sep 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3298133)   #27
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
Hi CDM

Unfortunately I have to disagree "To be fair tinted tail lights are purely cosmetic,",
they are not allowed on street cars as in some light conditions they are hard to see if activated. More important in a racing situation where you need to be able to see when the car in front is braking.

I think you will find the items listed by Backseat driver are a tip of the iceberg.

When teams are resorting to importing their own engines due to the fact V8ST have such a great dollar mark up on them, who is to blame ?
WOW!! my stuff is just ice-cubes compared to that last revelation!!
Old 3 Sep 2013, 01:33 (Ref:3298153)   #28
Swedish Brick
Racer

Swedish Brick has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good grief is it possible its gotten WORSE

This differing rules and lack of penalties has been going since day 1.
What a joke
Old 3 Sep 2013, 02:00 (Ref:3298159)   #29
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyway......moving along. We had a great time at Taupo on the Sunday. Great crowd turn-out (bigger than last year according to some punters), nice weather, the drivers seemed to behave themselves (as in they half the field didn't crash out at T1), and good food too. Highly recommend the wood-fired pizza.

But of course big congrats to Murph who won the Sprint Title. Race 3 was just epic to watch, and to see SVG go from pole to 2nd to last, and then move his way up to second again was phenomenal. My man of the of the match though goes to Paul Manuell, I thought he did very well in R3.

Taupo is such a nice facility and sitting up on the bank just before the final chicane enabled you to see most of the track. Good crowds on said bank.

Gutted for Jack Kofoed who had an oil pressure problem and could not run. He had just had his car re-liveried (if that is a word??) and his car looked great....but unfortunately for this round it was parked up.

Cant comment on the spark plug issue, and don't really want to get into the usual 'he said she said' debate that tends to go on here. But one thing I will add is that Eddie Bells rear lights have been tinted from day 1, and most cars have had tinted windows from last year....so who really cares (well, I guess some on here seem to).

Also big-ups to Andy Booth for finally winning a race Watching you battle with Murph was cool, until he had to pull in for a pitlane penalty.

Now you can all go back to your squabbling and pointless banter which does nothing for the sport or the series. Just remember that cars have to pass scrutineering first so maybe the issues raised above are not really 'issues' to be fussed about.

But no doubt some of you will make your usual mountain out of a molehill, instead of being supportive of a class that is just better than any other V8 category we have in NZ.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 02:11 (Ref:3298162)   #30
Swedish Brick
Racer

Whilst tinted windows are a non event in my books many of those things mentioned are far from molehills. Illegal aero, 7hp rule loop holes. Some buying outside the rules. And numerous other things that have been going on since day one.

Its not us on here acting outsides the sports best interests. It's those guilty of those acts and the classes organisers that allow it.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 04:19 (Ref:3298179)   #31
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
The Nippon Denso Iridium plug provides an increase in horsepower of approximately 7 BHP
Are you saying you've seen back to back testing to make this claim?
Old 3 Sep 2013, 06:01 (Ref:3298186)   #32
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As I recall, cheating is not a new thing in any category of Touring Car over here...
Old 3 Sep 2013, 06:35 (Ref:3298195)   #33
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Anyway......moving along.

Now you can all go back to your squabbling and pointless banter which does nothing for the sport or the series.

But no doubt some of you will make your usual mountain out of a molehill, instead of being supportive of a class that is just better than any other V8 category we have in NZ.
Why try to sweep this under the carpet... "Moving along"...

So you think that teams & fans discussing pretty serious allegations of cheating is pointless and does nothing for the sport? So do you also think that someone like Lance Armstrong's drug cheating doesnt damage the sport of cycling?? Cheating has & will damage both the V8ST Series and Motorsport in general.

Dont get me wrong I feel this class has the potential to be great, but all this BS with rules for some & different rules for others is just ridiculous...
Old 3 Sep 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3298203)   #34
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Let's not forget Oracle, or Toyota WRC, or Marion Jones, or Oldstuffedchook. I don't know why people insist on cheating but it seems to be one of our qualities (in some anyway) and it is everywhere in every sport. I bet Red Bull are doing it too and as soon as there is a decent number of TLX's someone will start there too, if they're not already.
If skydiving was a sport I don't think you could cheat at that though...
Old 3 Sep 2013, 07:00 (Ref:3298205)   #35
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Hi CDM

I know of 2 teams last year that imported their own engines as it has a different tag on them.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 07:01 (Ref:3298207)   #36
Swedish Brick
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Let's not forget Oracle, or Toyota WRC, or Marion Jones, or Oldstuffedchook. I don't know why people insist on cheating but it seems to be one of our qualities (in some anyway) and it is everywhere in every sport. I bet Red Bull are doing it too and as soon as there is a decent number of TLX's someone will start there too, if they're not already.
If skydiving was a sport I don't think you could cheat at that though...

Oh, well that makes it OK then. Carry on.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 07:09 (Ref:3298211)   #37
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Brick View Post
Oh, well that makes it OK then. Carry on.
No it doesn't. I'm just saying that it's a sad fact that it's everywhere these days, and probably has been for a long time. Not sure you can ever eliminate it but you can try to punish the ones caught at least.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3298221)   #38
JamesK
Racer

We all have to remember V8ST is privately owned by one person and no doubt in an attempt to make a profit.
The companies main interest is bums on seats $$$$$, hence why the majority of rounds are Auckland based.
Having less than the full complement of cars on the track, and having their "Stars" publically branded as cheats does nothing for their image or their potential sponsors.
Forget this as being a sport, consider V8ST an entertainment industry, dollars are all that matter, technical details come second.
Once we all get our head round that, everything makes sense.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 07:32 (Ref:3298222)   #39
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So are these loopholes that are being found by clever people in teams, or something more sinister? I.e are certain teams getting preference over others from a big boys club?
I too agree with GB, there will always be people out there who try to bend the rules. But I would have hoped that anything untoward but have been picked up by the scrutineers, or are they 'bent' too?
Old 3 Sep 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3298223)   #40
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
We all have to remember V8ST is privately owned by one person and no doubt in an attempt to make a profit.
The companies main interest is bums on seats $$$$$, hence why the majority of rounds are Auckland based.
Having less than the full complement of cars on the track, and having their "Stars" publically branded as cheats does nothing for their image or their potential sponsors.
Forget this as being a sport, consider V8ST an entertainment industry, dollars are all that matter, technical details come second.
Once we all get our head round that, everything makes sense.
How do you make a small fortune from motorsport? Start with a big fortune - unless your name is Bernie Ecclestone...
Old 3 Sep 2013, 07:40 (Ref:3298226)   #41
Swedish Brick
Racer

Jamesk is correct. The whole concept and way it was set up was to line certain pockets.
Not just be sustainable economically.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3298232)   #42
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Jamesk is correct. The whole concept and way it was set up was to line certain pockets.
Not just be sustainable economically.
I will have to disagree with you there, though that may well be the case now.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 07:59 (Ref:3298234)   #43
JamesK
Racer

Quote:
How do you make a small fortune from motorsport? Start with a big fortune - unless your name is Bernie Ecclestone...
It is not about making a fortune, The owners are running this purely as a business, and as such require a profit to be obtained otherwise it's not worth their while.
Technical legalities is not high on their agenda.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 08:03 (Ref:3298236)   #44
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
It is not about making a fortune, The owners are running this purely as a business, and as such require a profit to be obtained otherwise it's not worth their while.
I was making a joke...
Old 3 Sep 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3298237)   #45
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But if some can cheat and some can not,
those that are not allowed will get annoyed and then not race,
so maybe it should be.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3298238)   #46
Swedish Brick
Racer

Quote:
I will have to disagree with you there, though that may well be the case now.
Go back and look at where all the money went. Who got to clip the ticket all the way through. Who you had to buy everything off
Old 3 Sep 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3298241)   #47
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Go back and look at where all the money went. Who got to clip the ticket all the way through. Who you had to buy everything off
That was just good business, but it wasn't why the series came about in the first place, not primarily anyway.

Anyway, who cares? Done and dusted now, it is what it is, like it or lump it.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3298243)   #48
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Anyway......moving along. We had a great time at Taupo on the Sunday. Great crowd turn-out (bigger than last year according to some punters), nice weather, the drivers seemed to behave themselves (as in they half the field didn't crash out at T1), and good food too. Highly recommend the wood-fired pizza.

But of course big congrats to Murph who won the Sprint Title. Race 3 was just epic to watch, and to see SVG go from pole to 2nd to last, and then move his way up to second again was phenomenal. My man of the of the match though goes to Paul Manuell, I thought he did very well in R3.

Taupo is such a nice facility and sitting up on the bank just before the final chicane enabled you to see most of the track. Good crowds on said bank.

Gutted for Jack Kofoed who had an oil pressure problem and could not run. He had just had his car re-liveried (if that is a word??) and his car looked great....but unfortunately for this round it was parked up.

Cant comment on the spark plug issue, and don't really want to get into the usual 'he said she said' debate that tends to go on here. But one thing I will add is that Eddie Bells rear lights have been tinted from day 1, and most cars have had tinted windows from last year....so who really cares (well, I guess some on here seem to).

Also big-ups to Andy Booth for finally winning a race Watching you battle with Murph was cool, until he had to pull in for a pitlane penalty.

Now you can all go back to your squabbling and pointless banter which does nothing for the sport or the series. Just remember that cars have to pass scrutineering first so maybe the issues raised above are not really 'issues' to be fussed about.

Turn your blinkers off, you dont know how frustrasted teams are at the way the rules are broken.

The sad thing is they check the top % of cars, find a non complience report it to the stewards who do nothing.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3298244)   #49
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
Turn your blinkers off, you dont know how frustrasted teams are at the way the rules are broken.

The sad thing is they check the top % of cars, find a non complience report it to the stewards who do nothing.
Everyone better start cheating then!
Old 3 Sep 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3298250)   #50
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Everyone better start cheating then!
Give the cars to a third party, let them check them and see who's allowed to run? Could make for a quiet weekend

Or here's another one, chuck all those engines on a dyno again