Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 8 Mar 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3036926)   #1651
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Can't understand the hoo-har over the title credits, i rarely tune-in until about 15mins before a race anyway.

I would however say that the music they have chosen isn't particually evocative. It worked better on Beebs end of year montage rather than something to get you excited..
Old 8 Mar 2012, 13:03 (Ref:3036979)   #1652
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Sky have confirmed "Just Drive" by Alistair Griffin - originally used by the BBC for their end-of-season montage in 2010 - will be their theme music for F1 next year.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...-Sky-Sports-F1
Personally I think the titles with that music would work better as the intro for the Legends programme or even the Magazine show, but not for the race coverage itself.

Personally I'd have liked something very much more up-beat utilising something like the first 45-50 seconds of Iron Maiden's Phantom of the Opera
The four repeated sections matching up to the first 4 lights on the gantry interspersed with shots of the current drivers getting ready (pulling on gloves, balaclavas, helmets or getting strapped in) the next section building up to the crescendo at 20 seconds covers the 5th light going out cutting to various race starts, the remainder being action footage finally fading into the programme "Ident"
Old 8 Mar 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3036989)   #1653
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Personally I think the titles with that music would work better as the intro for the Legends programme or even the Magazine show, but not for the race coverage itself.
Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Personally I'd have liked something very much more up-beat utilising something like the first 45-50 seconds of Iron Maiden's Phantom of the Opera
Yup, I could cope with that.

Or, Verdi: Requiem, Dies irae (Featuring Evil Pumpkin and I)
Or the Benny Hill theme - Yakety Sax (Featuring Stephen Green)
Or, Van Halen - Eruption
Old 8 Mar 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3037163)   #1654
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So... if one was going to go against all ones principles and get Sky F1 by subscribing to either Sky sports 1 or Sky sports 2 for an extra tenner a month which Sky sports is better? I guess the foottie is split evenly, but what shows Motor racing? or Speedway?
Old 8 Mar 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3037173)   #1655
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
So... if one was going to go against all ones principles and get Sky F1 by subscribing to either Sky sports 1 or Sky sports 2 for an extra tenner a month which Sky sports is better? I guess the foottie is split evenly, but what shows Motor racing? or Speedway?
I think that you need both Sky Sports 1 & 2 or Sky HD in order to receive the F1 channel.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3037176)   #1656
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No it can be one or the other of the Sky Sports or Sky HD, someone rang me up a couple of days ago from Sky, hence my questions.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 19:32 (Ref:3037185)   #1657
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It needs a telly, but HD is worth it.
Sorry, I realise that wasn't what you asked.
Old 8 Mar 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3037195)   #1658
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It needs a telly, but HD is worth it.
Sorry, I realise that wasn't what you asked.

No I had HD before, still got the box but it was wasted on a 8 year old Hannspree cheapo TV. Funnily enough the Freesat HD box had a better picture than the Sky one, maybe it was the quality of the HDMI lead
Old 8 Mar 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3037196)   #1659
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
No it can be one or the other of the Sky Sports or Sky HD, someone rang me up a couple of days ago from Sky, hence my questions.

Marbot I do apologise! It must have got lost in translation... oh well that seals it, bye bye Sky!
Old 8 Mar 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3037197)   #1660
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Hold on, Sky HD is an extra tenner a month, does that mean Sports can be got for the same? (see how I flip-flop..)

and the answer is...

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/formula-one/

20 sheet for Sky Sports or a tenner for HD...
Old 8 Mar 2012, 22:04 (Ref:3037264)   #1661
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have everyone seen the programmes on next week in the planner? Looking good...
Old 9 Mar 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3037709)   #1662
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been looking at sky sports coverage on their web site for the last while and cannot recall them breaking a story that was not handed to them i.e. they do not seem to carry out their own investigations into what is going on in F1.
Maybe their TV programmes will carry out more investigative work. If one is paying them a large amount of money I would expect a greater level of service than I see evidence of on their web site.
It is very easy to make news out of all the press releases that come from F1 with a few interviews inbetween.
As of yet we do not know what their F1 TV coverage will be really like.

Last edited by wolfhound; 9 Mar 2012 at 21:50.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3037713)   #1663
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It was odd seeing Simon on F1show not rugby club. The show is decent so far ( I'm behind, watching recorded).

The programme line up through the week looks good, even before practice. Season reviews, launches, legends, updates. Mmmmm.

A dedicated channel to F1. Blummin' 'eck, it is real, really real.

The sky news website? I don't go there, it doesn't look good.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3037715)   #1664
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Look at the multi-screen action!
Old 9 Mar 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3037723)   #1665
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought it was a good opener, looks like they'll have a lot of interesting toys, I'm betting that there will be a lot of Tenths fans watching the action and laptopping for alternate views, timing, in-car, etc. etc.

I'm quite excited
Old 9 Mar 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3037725)   #1666
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As Introductory shows go ... That's how you do it.

Lazenby lets the punditing talent speak , without fawning over them
Let Ted do his Techy bit
Ant nice pundit work on the Sky-pad

They didn't over use the new stuff either, like the virtual Car, or the Sky Pad

Georgie, well she Smiles and reads the autocue well

As for letting that alleged comedy person turned football person, on the F1 programme. Lets just hope that was a one off and Sky have learned not to do it again.
Old 10 Mar 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3037829)   #1667
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am currently on a trials package with my Sky Sports, having just moved house and having to rely on phone for internet I thought I would try for it and the suckers caved in.

So I thought I'd give this preview show a whirl.

Positives: lovely HD picture as expected, Lazenby as good as Jake, Martin and Damon, the virtual car was impressive!

Negatives: Ted Kravitz, Georgie. Worst of all, Fenners ffs. The last hour or so was tedious beyond belief if I am honest, admittedly not helped by a simply ghastly frequency of ad breaks and plugging other F1 programming. And the Force India feature was simply ludicrous, with Martin stood on the pitwall looking confused, repeatedly saying "sounds like everything is going well" as if he was in the throes of advanced Alzheimers.

Not a patch on F1 Digital imo. So now sure I will not bother, especially now the Beeb have the king of commentators anyways. But I will be able to watch the first two races on Sky so will give it a chance and I do have to keep asking myself if my slight resentment towards F1 colours my views.

I think if I was to summarise, it had some of the bits that made the BBC great and some of the stuff that ITV ran that caused me sleepless nights.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 10 Mar 2012 at 10:07.
Old 10 Mar 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3037835)   #1668
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The Georgie bit was embarassing. Nothing wrong with the actual interview (the questions). However her dress threw away any sense of credibility! It didn't fit with the situation.

However offset that with the old clip they showed of James Hunt.
Old 10 Mar 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3037841)   #1669
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasn't it like a leather catsuit?

She is a saucy devil but, err, time and a place and all that.

Looking forward to the old season reviews today. I kind of assumed they'd be the old tapes, but they are much shorter (so no 'hilarious' Tony Jardine voices). Wonder how the old stuff will look with upgraded pictures?

Suppose it will have to do anyways as they don't seem like they are going to re-release old reviews on DVD/Blu-Ray anytime soon.
Old 10 Mar 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3037853)   #1670
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Thinking about it, I have a basic HD package anyways lumped in with my internet package so I get F1 channel anyways do I not?
Old 10 Mar 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3037882)   #1671
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If you have the basic Sky HD package then yep, you get it.
Old 10 Mar 2012, 13:16 (Ref:3037890)   #1672
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Just watched a bit of season review 1988, could persuade me to bin all those VHS I recorded that season. Then again, no never.. However that sort of content could swing me, Il see this preview prog later and maybe see about getting HD for a month.. which will inevitably lead to a new TV - oh this is gonna cost a fortune, and I feel unclean... damn you BBC!
Old 10 Mar 2012, 13:21 (Ref:3037892)   #1673
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
watching the monaco gp on hd tv is a life changer. if you're gonna buy a new telly, do it before may
Old 10 Mar 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3037960)   #1674
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I loved the Graphics...this is the future! Eat yer Heart out Auntie Beeb!

I'm interested to see how Brundle interacts with Crofty when he takes over from Ant. And I'm always interested to catch up and hear Ant's insights after the races...Now we all can share him with that amazing Touch Screen...Bring it on!
Old 13 Mar 2012, 07:09 (Ref:3040114)   #1675
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
I loved the Graphics...this is the future! Eat yer Heart out Auntie Beeb!
In this months F1Racing magazine, Brundle says that Sky are going to spend half a billion over the next few years It's that old adage, you get what you pay for. Those of us who are prepared to pay get fancy graphics, split screen, all the practices, quali and races, GP3, GP2 etc.

And those who aren't prepared to pay, get EJ's shirt every other race !

Tags
outrage, sky