Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 9 May 2010, 01:05 (Ref:2686756)   #26
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Speed-freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Delayed coverage here to coincide with Live Rally coverage.Good race,Bird carried out more passes than F1 have had in the last 10 years.
He did.....how many cars did he overtake on the track? Got fastest lap too I think.
Old 9 May 2010, 01:06 (Ref:2686757)   #27
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
...and after tennis, Race 1 was broadcasted at Fox Sports LA. Bianchi lost it at the start on a clash with Vietoris. Pérez was the leader until had problems on his pitstop, then Pic inherited the lead and grabbed his first GP2 Series win. Ricci and Clos completed the podium, Pérez finished 4th.
I thought PIC had a great drive, well done!
Old 9 May 2010, 08:35 (Ref:2686842)   #28
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race, but was it just me or was Ryan Sharp permanently bored throughout?! Bring back Gareth Rees!!
Old 9 May 2010, 08:45 (Ref:2686849)   #29
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
start delayed due to oil dropped by Perez and any pens he will get will roll over to next weekend.
Old 9 May 2010, 08:48 (Ref:2686853)   #30
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skells, do you have British Eurosport link?
Only in French: http://www.justin.tv/sa_majeste_fatal3#r=mxF0ifk~
Old 9 May 2010, 08:53 (Ref:2686857)   #31
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Please keep the thread on topic guys n gals, HRT has no place in this discussion regardless of who's driving for them!!!

Unlikely as it maybe but can someone post basic grid positions or something in case some folks are completely unable to access the GP2 site?

Many thanks!
Thats a bit OTT isnt it? why cant people discuss a GP2 cars pace against some of the new F1 cars? why the sensor and the strict rules? Is this place becoming a bit too controlling as what one can and cannot post?

Nothing offence in discussing ideas and obversations as such.
Old 9 May 2010, 09:11 (Ref:2686864)   #32
skells22
Veteran

watching it live on British Euro Sport so no link

Last edited by skells22; 9 May 2010 at 09:12. Reason: wrong channel
Old 9 May 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2686885)   #33
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fabio Leimer wins race 2. Razia 2nd, Maldonado 3rd. Bird, Turvey and Clos take the final points. Turvey was holding up the pack, there must have been something wrong with his car. Maybe he collided with Clos early on, since Clos was losing all kind of parts of his car (mirror, bargeboard)?
Old 9 May 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2687167)   #34
F1 Prospects
Racer

Canada
Montreal
F1 Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty wild races! I was impressed with Sam Bird's charge through the field in the sprint race. Good stuff!
Old 9 May 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2687180)   #35
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Perez would have won had it not been for that poor pitstop. He was in control of the race. The good thing is the winner of the opening race the last 5 years has not gone on to win the championship.
Old 9 May 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2687231)   #36
F1 Prospects
Racer

Canada
Montreal
F1 Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
Perez would have won had it not been for that poor pitstop. He was in control of the race. The good thing is the winner of the opening race the last 5 years has not gone on to win the championship.
Good for who?
Old 9 May 2010, 16:31 (Ref:2687315)   #37
skells22
Veteran

any news on pens for Perez!
Old 9 May 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2687376)   #38
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Saw the highlights on eurosport earlier.

Massive bad fortune for Perez who had race one in the bag until that botched pit stop and then having that engine failure this morning.

Whatever penalty he gets for Monaco will only serve to further put him on the back foot when he should really be leading the championship leaving Spain!

In race one I thought other that the ART 'super set up' at work for Sam Bird, there were good drives from Pic; he really could be a dark horse for the title; Ricci who seems to have carried the winter form over to the main series, with solid stuff from Turvey and Marcus Eriksson.

Looks like Maldonado's career is going further backwards being challenged by Razia in Race 1 and then defeated by him in Race 2.
Old 9 May 2010, 18:25 (Ref:2687408)   #39
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
this is really maldonado's make or break year isn't it, he can only really go on being a monaco winner for so long. sam bird's drive sounded excellent!
Old 9 May 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2687417)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yeah, he's got to do something solid this year or that's it.

Martin Haven summed Pastor up fairly well when he said that he is the spellbinding one race and well below average the next!! I can't remember the actual word he used to describe that though!!!!

It really is strange how his form fluctuates so wildly.

Bird looked like Hamilton ART vintage, tearing through like he had a turbo charger on the car, incredible pace.
Old 9 May 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2687439)   #41
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
sam bird's drive sounded excellent!
It was! I've never really rated Sam Bird and I thought his time had come and gone, but I was really surprised by how good he's been this weekend. It'll be interesting to see whether he can carry this form through the rest of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Martin Haven summed Pastor up fairly well when he said that he is the spellbinding one race and well below average the next!! I can't remember the actual word he used to describe that though!!!!
And whether he's on spellbinding or below average form, there's a 80% chance that he'll end up crashing into someone else or a wall. And that's why we love him.
Old 9 May 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2687449)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
And whether he's on spellbinding or below average form, there's a 80% chance that he'll end up crashing into someone else or a wall. And that's why we love him.
With the odd bit of brilliant overtaking as well.

Leimer was good today. Very cool and calm drive, but then he only had Razia for company?

How would he have fared, had based on the speed he showed, Bird been bearing down on him?
Old 9 May 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2687515)   #43
Speed-freak
Rookie

United Kingdom
uk
Quote:
this is really maldonado's make or break year isn't it, he can only really go on being a monaco winner for so long. sam bird's drive sounded excellent!
Birds drive was superb, frankly made the whole weekend worthwhile. I think some F1 chaps could learn a thing or too about getting by cars in front from GP2 drivers eh? I found the GP2 races all together more fun to watch. However Monaco is a different kettle of fish. Very hard to get by the car in front, so back to a boring line of cars ....one behind the other.........
Old 9 May 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2687582)   #44
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its not IMO. His make or break season was last year, his 3rd in GP2, and he had an ART drive. Look how he stacked up against his rookie team-mate, 'nuff said!

Saying that, we all know he could well be on top of the rostrum next weekend. He is the Monaco master, ironic given the fact that his first race there he got a severe penalty for knocking a marshal down and injurying him. But since he's gone on to win in FR3.5 and 2 GP2 races there. If he doesn't win this time round, its kind of a step down!
Old 9 May 2010, 23:24 (Ref:2687602)   #45
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sam Bird was always something special, I rate him very high, he's probably best British prospect. He makes shocking andbrave, very brave moves in his career, like rejecting top BF3 drive for avarage drive in 30+ car F3ES grid, and staying there for another season, and now another shocker, signing with ARTGP, even tho he's witnessed what was happening with ART's odd drivers. Great drive, keep my fingers crossed for him. He'll definitely be in F1 in future, just want him to beat Bianchi and be on podium in overall classification.
Old 10 May 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2688039)   #46
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

So Bird's the flavour of the week then round these parts? (no accidental packet dessert based pun intended...)

Bianchi had a bit of an odd weekend, he outpaced Bird in qualy but gopt rather caught up in silly accidents in both races I thought?

Will be interesting to see which one of them comes out on top over the next few rounds.

BTW, did I notice one of the DAMS cars fairly bombing up through the field in Saturday's race as well? Presumably D'Ambrosio as Tung was languishing down the back end.
Old 12 May 2010, 09:32 (Ref:2689087)   #47
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Also noteworthy was Perez' demonstrable pace advantage over van Der Garde at Barwa?

I know it was onoly the first round and all that, but Giedo seemed to be struggling regardless of 3 place grid penalty?