Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 2 Apr 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2665575)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2010 Superleague Formula Round One - Silverstone

As requested in the other thread.

So, any predictions? I think it's got to be Craig Dolby for race one, race two, well, that's a lottery and that's why we love it!
Old 2 Apr 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2665618)   #2
Keyfabe
Rookie

England
Leeds
Keyfabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gommendy to win race too :-)
Old 2 Apr 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2665619)   #3
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There's a very helpful preview here, which is perhaps not where you would expect to find it.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2665986)   #4
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not that I'm really interested in this artificial series, which has about as much attraction as A1GP for motorsport fans and probasbly not much more for soccer fans, but which Silverstone circuit configuration is being used for this weekend's round?

I can't find this minor (!) detail on either the SuperLeague or Silverstone websites!
Old 3 Apr 2010, 15:42 (Ref:2665987)   #5
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The big one.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2665992)   #6
bendy
Rookie

bendy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GP Bridge track....with no kerbs at all! It was really wierd driving it on thursday, loads of work going on, and it didnt seem at all ready to host a weekend with series' like Superleague...
Old 3 Apr 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2666082)   #7
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who is on pole?
Old 3 Apr 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2666091)   #8
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Wissel.
Old 3 Apr 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2666195)   #9
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it on telly?
Old 4 Apr 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2666379)   #10
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
ESPN or officially on t'internet here - http://superleague.triple-it.nl/.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 09:54 (Ref:2666424)   #11
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Last use of the current Silverstone GP circuit according to Mr Haven.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2666454)   #12
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Wow, Silverstone looks so wierd!

Great first few laps, tricky conditions!
Old 4 Apr 2010, 11:02 (Ref:2666495)   #13
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Dolby, Buurman and Tappy the podium for race one and therefore through to the SuperDuperFinal, Walker plum last so he's on the pole.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2666547)   #14
Mac1602
Rookie

Poland
Poland
Mac1602 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite nice race

Full results

I missed something... What happened to Bordeaux / Montagny?
Old 4 Apr 2010, 20:57 (Ref:2666797)   #15
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Last use of the current Silverstone GP circuit according to Mr Haven.
Apart from F2 in 2 weeks! Plus the Classic in June. There are others scheduled later in the year but they may well be moved to the Arena Circuit.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 21:52 (Ref:2666816)   #16
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Yeah, I thought of that. To be honest, I don't see what use the Arena circuit would be over the current one (I presume it'll still be usable) for cars that are significantly slower than F1 machinery - to be honest, there are some events that are better suited to the International and National configurations.
Old 4 Apr 2010, 22:29 (Ref:2666830)   #17
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got back from Silverstone. All I can say about Craig Dolby is: WOW! He was just unbelievably quick. I don't know how he managed it from a rolling start, but in race 2 he was already up to 10th having overtaken 7 or 8 cars from last position. He was noticeably quicker than anyone, just driving around people. Poor weekend for Doornbos, Karthikeyan and Montagny. James Walker's spin in race 2 at Abbey was poor too. Just lost it all on his own whilst in 2nd place, with Bourdais pulling away at seconds a lap.
Old 5 Apr 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2667047)   #18
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Yeah, he is impressive. I think he could do very well if he were to take the step up to GP2 - he's certainly beating a good selection of ex-F1 guys - Montagny, Karthikeyan, Bourdais ...
Old 6 Apr 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2667601)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
considering the amount of experience bourdais has in cars that have the same characteristics as the superleague car (ie champcar), is it any surprise that he's quick?

dolby really is excellent value for spurs, he's a great ambassador for the concept of superleague formula as well. i'd like to see him win the title this year ahead of the more experienced and no doubt more expensive drivers.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2667686)   #20
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
considering the amount of experience bourdais has in cars that have the same characteristics as the superleague car (ie champcar), is it any surprise that he's quick?

dolby really is excellent value for spurs, he's a great ambassador for the concept of superleague formula as well. i'd like to see him win the title this year ahead of the more experienced and no doubt more expensive drivers.
Why? So he can ask for a raise afterwards?
Old 6 Apr 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2667690)   #21
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
You never know, he could be getting a share of prize money, which supposedly is quite substantial in this series unlike other non-F1 single seater formulea.

EDIT : I'm going to put my neck on the line and predict that Craig Dolby will be a Million Euro Man this year.

Last edited by duke_toaster; 6 Apr 2010 at 15:40.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2668245)   #22
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think superleaue formula actually has good potential as a series. I know the football clubs thing is a bit of a gimmick, but i think the series could work if the racing/football teams are promoted more in their own clubs, I also think the actual drivers and racing teams (opposed to the clubs) should get more coverage and promotion.

and, why limit themselves to football clubs? in europe and south america, football is the biggest sport. not so in north america. NBA, MLB, NHL and NFL are the mainstays of america, so why not open up to the US market (a market where F1 isnt at the moment) by having top american sports teams represented. New York yankess, Orlando magic etc anyone? and the same with canada, i bet the home turn out would be good in a race at montreal if montreal canadiens NHL team was represented......

in australia and new zealand a similar thing could be achieved: aussie rules football and rugby the biggest sports respectively.

superleague formula could really open up to the world, become a really marketable series, with teams and drivers seeing it as a great championship to compete in. even if it is slightly gimical. (but all motorsports have some gimmicks nowadays)
Old 7 Apr 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2668341)   #23
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm still not on board with the idea of Football and Motorsport - but I did catch some of the Silverstone coverage online.

Wow! Those are some pretty schweet looking cars, I reckon I'll be tuning in again when they get to Assen to see what a full race is like to watch (I just caught the SuperDuperFantasticFinal from Silverstone).
Old 19 Apr 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2675977)   #24
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prediction: SuperLeague Formula will follow A1GP and GP Masters onto the scrapheap by 2012.

From the few shots of the empty Silverstone spectator banks in the official video (http://superleagueformula.com/superl...-UK-Highlights), the only people who give a toss about this artificial series are the racing teams, drivers and marketing 'geniuses' who dreamed it up.

There's a rumour in today's edition of Motorsport eNews that the former Gold Coast IndyCar meeting could host an SF round!

Will they ever learn? Probably not.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2677925)   #25
eveningladies
Rookie

United Kingdom
York
eveningladies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post
Prediction: SuperLeague Formula will follow A1GP and GP Masters onto the scrapheap by 2012.

From the few shots of the empty Silverstone spectator banks in the official video (http://superleagueformula.com/superl...-UK-Highlights), the only people who give a toss about this artificial series are the racing teams, drivers and marketing 'geniuses' who dreamed it up.

There's a rumour in today's edition of Motorsport eNews that the former Gold Coast IndyCar meeting could host an SF round!

Will they ever learn? Probably not.
That's maybe a tad negative. They weren't expecting a big crowd at Silverstone as there was no promotion done before the event as the series wasn't quite ready for the beginning of Season 3. That's probably a general reflection on the British rounds so far, although I'm sure there'll be a bigger crowd at the Brands race as MSV seem to put a lot of effort into promotion.

The European races are a different matter and I'll stick my neck out and reckon there'll be a good crowd at Assen as there has been at a lot of the prior European rounds.

Like a lot of people on here, the football connection doesn't really do anything for me, but I think there's no denying that SF provides some spectacular racing with fantastic sounding cars and I hope it continues