Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 5 Apr 2017, 09:52 (Ref:3723914)   #26
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ruling isn't on the MSA site (yet). In the 2014 ruling, there isn't a fixed probation. But he's called the sports ambassador etc..
He wasn't 'using' his international license as it was a demo at Gatebil, not a race that needed the paperwork. That part I would like to read about in the ruling.

"I know there are a lot of haters out there, but for everyone involved and that knows the real story I appreciate the continued support."
So.... still denying he's a tit? His erratic behavior was because a monstergirl got a bit of water on her from a waterpistol. Natural reaction = a shriek and a giggle. Liam's, flying into a rage, hurting people, hurting cars, playing loud music after the 02:00 am(!) noise curfew, going into heated debates with event personnel and hiding (really.....) from the police.. Really a angelic choirboy.

"The British driver previously had his license temporarily suspended in 2014 after advancing onto a live circuit at his home round of World RX 2014 at Lydden Hill to attend to his father Pat, who was taking part in a Group B demonstration race in a Ford RS200, which due to a fuel leak was sent into a blaze of flames." (quote seen on most news sites about it)
Yeah, and being very abusive towards the marshals, to which he only made an apology months later at the appeal after having sought legal counsel.
Old 5 Apr 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3723921)   #27
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The thing is with Doran, it was not the first time he was very abusive towards people and marshals at the track. Not sure about anywhere else, but I have heard and see it a couple of other times at Lydden.

If it had been a one off incident I expect there might have been some leeway as you could understand his concern, but it was the final of many incidents when people had been abused at Lydden, and was in full earshot of quite a few important people with the FIA etc, and of course spectators, and possibly children. Great eh Monster? Just the market you want.

Gatebil was a little less of a problem as he was not competing. But he will never be invited back and bought his sponsor into a situation they would not want to be in.

But apparently are quite happy to continually back him, leading me to believe there is far more to his deal with Monster than simply sports sponsorship. That is all I would say.

I will never buy a can of their awful rubbish again anyway. And the outpouring of comments on his numerous social media pages after Gatebil was an embarrassment to anyone!!

But also hilarious!!
Old 12 Jun 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3740490)   #28
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see Liam is keeping his team busy in 2017...

...dream garage material there!
Old 12 Jun 2017, 12:45 (Ref:3740503)   #29
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very nice, tho will it ever be run? I take it he has been replaced by guest commentators on the WorldRX due to not hearing him since the first round.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 13:26 (Ref:3740510)   #30
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Very nice, tho will it ever be run?
According to comments on Facebook it seems like it's almost there. It apparently has an engine and box already which are the most crucial bits!