Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 26 Sep 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3457827)   #376
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I used to see old Scotty A on the grid before every race just a couple years ago. This year I have not seen him once, either on the grid or in the paddock. I think it's the first smart thing he has done, hidden from people like us. I wonder what sorts of things I would have to say to him if I saw him? Something along the lines of thanks for f***ing this all up.
I approached him at Petit right after the merger was announced and voiced my "I'm voting against DP with the dollars I don't spend by attending GA, I'm concerned we're getting GA 2.0 next year" concerns and he said to "Expect more of the same," referring to Petit 2013. I was thinking of that conversation this morning in the shower. "REALLY SCOTT!? WHERE ARE THE SAME P1'S!!!?? DP IS NOT THE SAME AS P1, SCOTT."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I'm sure Scott is perfectly happy with everything. Can't fault him for that.
I read this sentence out of context, which instantly confused me since ATLFalconsFAN=Scott

Maelochs, I'd be interested in meeting up, if only to see how long winded you are in person!
Old 26 Sep 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3457839)   #377
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lol ... In person I am so shy I might not talk for an entire race weekend ... but if I do start talking, you will wish I'd just shut up ... you will be unconsciously flexing your finger, trying to mouse-click to the next page.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3457875)   #378
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I approached him at Petit right after the merger was announced and voiced my "I'm voting against DP with the dollars I don't spend by attending GA, I'm concerned we're getting GA 2.0 next year" concerns and he said to "Expect more of the same," referring to Petit 2013. I was thinking of that conversation this morning in the shower. "REALLY SCOTT!? WHERE ARE THE SAME P1'S!!!?? DP IS NOT THE SAME AS P1, SCOTT."
Dude, you and I need to sit down and have a long talk if you think about Scott Atherton while you are in the shower!
Old 26 Sep 2014, 21:28 (Ref:3457950)   #379
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116023

Quote:
A new working group of P1 teams has agreed to a limit of 50 car days for next year and is considering further means to control budgets for future seasons.

Vincent Beaumesnil, sporting manager of WEC promoter and co-organiser the Automobile Club de l'Ouest, told AUTOSPORT: "We have agreed on 50 car days maximum; if you test two cars on one day, that is two car days.

It is understood that the limit for new manufacturers coming into the WEC, which means Nissan, will have an allocation of 60 car days.

Manufacturers will be allowed only a certain number of exclusive tests: above that limit, believed to be 30 days, they must be willing to share their tests with other manufacturers and teams.
Last paragraph refers to the "open private testing" vs. "closed private testing". Oddly the limit right now is 10 days for the closed tests.
Old 26 Sep 2014, 23:17 (Ref:3457978)   #380
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I dont think any of them reach 50 days (single car) testing per year now. Seems like this is put in place to prevent one team from testing more than others or they expect lmp1 to become very big.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 01:47 (Ref:3457995)   #381
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Lol ... In person I am so shy I might not talk for an entire race weekend ... but if I do start talking, you will wish I'd just shut up ... you will be unconsciously flexing your finger, trying to mouse-click to the next page.
Well you'll have to talk if you want to stop by Turn 4 for my autograph!
Old 27 Sep 2014, 11:19 (Ref:3458080)   #382
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Corvette Racing's all-American entry at COTA came at the request of the series, and while the team does not have any other WEC rounds on its schedule for 2015, Fehan says that could change.

http://www.racer.com/wec-le-mans/ite...to-more-rounds
Old 27 Sep 2014, 14:55 (Ref:3458115)   #383
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry if this was posted earlier in the thread but this is great news for sure if it is true.

http://www.motorsport.com/tusc/news/...io-le-mans-in/
Old 27 Sep 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3458117)   #384
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds like mere guessing. And since it said "later this week" it was probably just the Brabham announcement (if you even want to call that "massive")
Old 27 Sep 2014, 16:04 (Ref:3458129)   #385
deggis
Veteran

Finland
You must be right, "Posted: Sunday at 7:19pm".
Old 27 Sep 2014, 16:12 (Ref:3458130)   #386
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And comments made 4-6 days ago
Old 28 Sep 2014, 00:15 (Ref:3458223)   #387
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If theres one place Vette would run thats left on this year's calendar, my bet would be Shanghai. Chevrolet is huge over there.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 08:30 (Ref:3458518)   #388
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure if this is a bit out of place but i know at the start people were talking about calendar formats. This would be my idea for a future WEC calendar.

MAR 12hrs Sebring
APR 3hrs Monza
APR 3hrs Silverstone
MAY 6hrs Spa
JUN 24hrs Le Mans
JUL 2x1hr Norisring
SEP 3hrs Shanghai
SEP 6hrs Fuji
OCT 3hrs COTA
OCT 3hrs Interlagos
NOV 6hrs Bahrain

My thinking, was to keep a similar format of races and include as many classics as possible e.g. the inclusion of Sebring 12hrs.

The thinking behind 3hr races, is for TV purposes, non motorsport specific channels are more likely to pick up a 3hr race, with 30mins either side for a 4hr broadcast, similar to f1 length.

Keep the classics 12hrs Sebring, 6hrs Spa and Fuji and also have a 6hr race for the finale.

Norisring Sprints, 2 1hr races one for each driver, if track safety comes in to question this would be replaced by a 3hr race at the Nurburgring.

Teams would be limited to 2 drivers per car for 3hrs (Am's possibly 3) all teams have the option to use 3 driver for 6hr races and must use 3 drivers for 12/24hrs.

Reserve/Replacement venues would be; Nurburgring, Montreal, Mexico City and Kyalami.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 09:16 (Ref:3458522)   #389
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Not sure if this is a bit out of place but i know at the start people were talking about calendar formats. This would be my idea for a future WEC calendar.

MAR 12hrs Sebring
APR 3hrs Monza
APR 3hrs Silverstone
MAY 6hrs Spa
JUN 24hrs Le Mans
JUL 2x1hr Norisring
SEP 3hrs Shanghai
SEP 6hrs Fuji
OCT 3hrs COTA
OCT 3hrs Interlagos
NOV 6hrs Bahrain

My thinking, was to keep a similar format of races and include as many classics as possible e.g. the inclusion of Sebring 12hrs.

The thinking behind 3hr races, is for TV purposes, non motorsport specific channels are more likely to pick up a 3hr race, with 30mins either side for a 4hr broadcast, similar to f1 length.

Keep the classics 12hrs Sebring, 6hrs Spa and Fuji and also have a 6hr race for the finale.

Norisring Sprints, 2 1hr races one for each driver, if track safety comes in to question this would be replaced by a 3hr race at the Nurburgring.

Teams would be limited to 2 drivers per car for 3hrs (Am's possibly 3) all teams have the option to use 3 driver for 6hr races and must use 3 drivers for 12/24hrs.

Reserve/Replacement venues would be; Nurburgring, Montreal, Mexico City and Kyalami.
One of the drawbacks to this proposal, would be the obligation to remove the "E" from "WEC". IMO a three hour race (just one more hour than the maximum allowed for a Grand Prix) cannot and should not be classified as an endurance race.
If this scenario should ever arise, then I am of the opinion that the championship should be renamed to WSCC.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3458565)   #390
Deleted
Veteran

The championship should have never been titled as World Endurance anyway. It was stupid when the old series used it for a while and it's stupid now. Means absolutely nothing to people who don't know the sport. Endurance, what the hell is that (my friend literally asked that too). Also force ties you to the format as said above. Now that FIA GT1 World Championship is gone (as possible confusion adversary) there is no reason not to revert back to proper WORLD SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP

Also the clumsy event titles
FIA WEC- 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas
--> FIA WSC - Austin 6 Hours

Last edited by Deleted; 29 Sep 2014 at 12:38.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 12:48 (Ref:3458568)   #391
Deleted
Veteran

Lotterer wants more races in the WEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Lotterer
“It definitely would be nice to have more races. It’s too much of a break between Le Mans to now at Circuit of the Americas. I’m a bit more of an old school guy so I’d like to see a race at Monza, maybe even Sebring or Road Atlanta. There is the 1000k of Nurburgring, which is also big classic. It’s a bit more like of going back to the past, but in the spirit of Le Mans it would be nice, bring new things to it, go places maybe that these cars have never been. Even if it isn’t these races, it would be nice to at least have ten races.”
Too bad ACO and FIA don't agree with you and me Andre!
Old 29 Sep 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3458571)   #392
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Lotterer wants more races in the WEC

Too bad ACO and FIA don't agree with you and me Andre!
It's very unlikely that Audi it self agrees with Lotterer...
Old 29 Sep 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3458574)   #393
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
or anyone else that has to find the funding for their racing, for that matter. not when it costs silly money to do already!

nice sentiments though, and i think it's healthy for the drivers to be talking in public and to the media about what they want to see from a championship. after all, some of them are the customers who make cars appear on the grid, and you only have a championship when you have people wanting to race in it.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3458590)   #394
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While Andre Lotterer's comments of having more races, let alone having classic tracks in WEC, I don't think it'll happen thanks to CEO Neveu.

After all, money makes the world go round (and sometimes crazy to having more)!
Old 29 Sep 2014, 17:16 (Ref:3458643)   #395
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
While Andre Lotterer's comments of having more races, let alone having classic tracks in WEC, I don't think it'll happen thanks to CEO Neveu.
.... and thanks to IMSA. and nascar/grand am for losing sebring. A nurburgring 1000 would be great. but there is already a blancpain round titled 1000km nurburgring or something like that.

and more races in nonsense, there are not enough private entrants, and the aco had to add a couple local entries at cota to boost the grid numbers. they need to keep costs down = no additional rounds, for now
Old 29 Sep 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3458692)   #396
TF110
Veteran

United States
Its not just drivers that want more races. Team bosses agree. Pascal Vasselon thinks the gap after Le Mans is too big. He said its like the winter break. I think Gerard realizes this and hes doing what he can. Its easy to criticize someone or something without information on the inner workings.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3458694)   #397
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see a couple of split races among Protoypes and GT. That could raise the GT class profile a bit.

Each side would get 3 and half hours of racing.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 20:23 (Ref:3458696)   #398
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
I would like to see a couple of split races among Protoypes and GT. That could raise the GT class profile a bit.

Each side would get 3 and half hours of racing.
You would want to see 3 hour races with 15 cars...?

ELMS integrated for European events and AsLMS for Asian would be my preference.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3458705)   #399
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
/\ Bingo.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 02:33 (Ref:3458751)   #400
TF110
Veteran

United States
I prefer they go to some of the tracks elms visits. One they used to run before (as ilmc) is Imola. Ive always thought that track was one of the best flowing these lmp1 cars ran on.