Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jul 2014, 13:52 (Ref:3438774)   #51
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great overtake by Ricciardo on Lewis and now Alonso.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3438778)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Ricciardo on his 2nd win. Very exciting stuff towards the end of the race.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:04 (Ref:3438789)   #53
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although everything fell into place for him, the SC and then Hamilton holding up Rosberg, that was a great race by Ricciardo!
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3438807)   #54
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Yeah baby! Dan the Man!! wooohoooooooooo

Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3438816)   #55
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that was a great grand prix, there were loads of strong drives but none more so than ricciardo. i guess it's easier to find the fire to fight for position when it's for a win
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3438848)   #56
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great driving by Ricciardo and strategy by his side of the Red Bull garage. Well done
Old 27 Jul 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3438892)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant stuff.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3438915)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
and then Hamilton holding up Rosberg....

I must have missed that - I only saw the highlights. I didn't see any holding up at all - all I saw (heard) was a very silly team order.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 17:57 (Ref:3438929)   #59
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
all I saw (heard) was a very silly team order.
Precisely.....
Old 27 Jul 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3438932)   #60
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I must have missed that - I only saw the highlights. I didn't see any holding up at all - all I saw (heard) was a very silly team order.
Which Lewis quite rightly ignored. Conspiracy theorists form a queue...
Old 27 Jul 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3438933)   #61
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Yeah baby! Dan the Man!! wooohoooooooooo

You should be his PR man

Also, Dan ruined the race. He passed to early. You're meant to leave until the last lap, but yet again he doesn't...
Old 27 Jul 2014, 18:35 (Ref:3438947)   #62
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow what a race that was.

One of the best I have seen for 5 or 6 years I would say.

I thought Ricciardo was great today, he got some luck with the first SC, but lost out on the 2nd.

All in all he did a great job.

To be honest I am not sure those harder Medium tyres were the right decision for Lewis. Given the pace Nico showed, but I guess in the end it was because Lewis finished ahead.

Alonso was once again awesome. That man deserves a better Ferrari in 2015 or a Red Bull/Merc drive
Old 27 Jul 2014, 18:53 (Ref:3438954)   #63
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
For it to be beneficial it needed to happen straight away. Lewis delayed, Nico's tyres lost their big advantage and it was over. It made sense, then didn't and Nico couldn't get as close. So they stopped asking.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3438969)   #64
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think at that point Mercedes really did not know which of the drivers to put their weight behind. The believed Lewis could win it by holding off Ricciardo. At that point in time, they did not realize that Rosberg would be in with a shot to win so I think it's silly to suggest Hamilton wasn't playing the team game. The team didn't even know Rosberg could have had a shot.

Alonso is the reason Rosberg caught up.

This situation was complicated as hell. Lewis having so many car problems including qualy today and to come from the back of the grid with the championship at stake. Not wanting to favor any driver. Forget about the team, If I'm the team - I'm not touching that mess with team orders.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3438972)   #65
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
Although everything fell into place for him, the SC and then Hamilton holding up Rosberg, that was a great race by Ricciardo!
Hamilton didn't hold up Rosberg, Rosberg just couldn't get close enough to Hamilton pass him.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3438981)   #66
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
If their drivers were not fighting tooth and nail in a 2 way battle fpr the championship, the Merc order to LH would have made sense. But because they are, it was ridiculous.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3439007)   #67
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its a case of, Mercedes wanted Rosberg let through because he had a better chance of winning the race which is understandable.

Mercedes have won both titles in all likelihood so they wanted another win, but of course both drivers are not interested in Mercedes win percentage but rather their individual championship challenge. Thus these orders clashed in the biggest way.

I can understand Mercedes call, but more so I can understand why Hamilton ignored them. Mercedes should also be smart enough to see the reason too and just move on.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 21:53 (Ref:3439031)   #68
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Herr Lauda says Hamilton was right to disobay the order.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115181
Old 27 Jul 2014, 21:58 (Ref:3439034)   #69
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic entertainment, at the Hungaroring of all places. The timing of the first safety car turned the race order around - hard luck for Bottas especially, who looked on for at least a podium. Amazed that McLaren made the same risky call on both cars - one point was more than Ron and Eric deserved today, but rough on Jenson and especially Kevin. Alonso put in a superb drive, second was still great in that car but it could have been even more. Lewis closing the championship gap after such bad luck is great for the neutrals.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3439035)   #70
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hungaroring hasn't been all that dull in recent years really. It's a track I now look forward to tbh.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 22:40 (Ref:3439043)   #71
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Herr Lauda says Hamilton was right to disobay the order.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115181
I think what Lauda says may be quite true.

Whatever the reasons why, they now already realise that what they did has created a backlash in social media that they need to diffuse as quickly and effectively as possible.

As Niki says his responsibility is to Mercedes and it's image.

Even Toto is being a lot more magnanimous about it so what ever is said behind the scenes, Hamilton may win this round....
Old 28 Jul 2014, 07:43 (Ref:3439181)   #72
Ryan Smith
Rookie

England
Slough
Ryan Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a race that was!

I'm not a huge fan of the track, but it showed just how good it can be yesterday afternoon. Not only did Lewis have a very good race (if you take out the fact that he was into the barriers at turn 2 on lap 1) but he also showed just why he is a world champion by ignoring team orders. Haven't Mercedes said all season that they will let their drivers battle to the end, none of this team-orders crap? If Hamilton had let Rosberg through when Mercedes told him to then I'm willing to be that Rosberg would have been ahead/passed Hamilton in the closing stages of the race.
I felt sorry for Hulkenberg, he has looked very strong all season but the tricky track conditions on the restart after Grosjean wrecked under the safety car caught him out - I was also glad to see that Perez walked away from his impact into the pit-wall safely without any noticeable injuries.
Save of the race goes to Vettel - whether it was luck or just pure skill from the German we'll never know, but how he kept his Red Bull from smashing into a million different pieces I'll never know. Maybe that's why he's a 4 time World Champion.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 08:49 (Ref:3439209)   #73
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The three best driving talents of the current F1 grid on the podium! Well deserved all. Great race and the podium finishes really deserved it.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 10:05 (Ref:3439234)   #74
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bottas is the new hulkenberg... the non-top team driver who given the tools to do so, always delivers.

and i agree that hamilton was right to disobey the team order. rosberg wasn't close enough, and couldn't *get* close enough. i don't think the team were wrong to ask him to move over should rosberg get close but until he could let him by without losing time himself they were being unrealistic.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 12:38 (Ref:3439290)   #75
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
One thing about the Hungary GP that got me thinking, was that the shorter DRS zone(s) made for better racing. The DRS assisted a bit, but it wasn't such that a driver just breezes past another sitting-duck driver such as at other tracks.

With the lesser downforce this year helping the racing, maybe adjusting DRS zones at all tracks would also help. Keeping lower levels of downforce is the key though.