Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Nico Rosberg 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 60 50.42%
Fernando Alonso 20 16.81%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Jean-Eric Vergne 3 2.52%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 0 0%
Sergio Perez 0 0%
Esteban Gutierrez 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 1 0.84%
Jules Bianchi 0 0%
Kimi Raikkonen 1 0.84%
Kamui Kobayashi 0 0%
Max Chilton 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 1 0.84%
Lewis Hamilton 33 27.73%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Jul 2014, 11:19 (Ref:3438692)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Hungarian Grand Prix 2014

Who is your driver of the race?
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3438786)   #2
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolutely Ricciardo.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:05 (Ref:3438791)   #3
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plenty of contenders. Lewis gets it - pit lane to third. Great racing the whole race.

Ricciardo and Fernando - honorable mentions.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3438797)   #4
coln72
Racer

coln72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daniel. Kept the car on the track. Pushed when he had to. Held back when he had to. Did the job at the end.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:11 (Ref:3438801)   #5
Redzone
Racer

Australia
Queensland, Australia
Redzone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo for sure, what an epic drive! Honorable mention to Alonso
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3438806)   #6
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've given my vote to Ericsson. His safety car really brought the race together.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3438810)   #7
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Daniel Ricciardo, cause he's the fastest F1 driver of all time.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3438819)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hambone. It wasn't so much the pit lane start but for what he did after his first lap off and not complying with a ridiculous team order.

gutsy pass on JEV too.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3438836)   #9
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan, if only for the last three laps.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3438844)   #10
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Daniel Ricciardo , impressive stuff ! Kudos to Alonso and Hamilton .
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3438855)   #11
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
It came don to Hamilton or Ricciardo. Hamilton for the drive from 20th and the pass on Vergne. Ricciardo for the pass on Hamilton and bringing a 'second rate' car home. Strategy played out for both drivers but their passes were brilliant.

In the end I gave it to Ricciardo but Hamilton was equally deserving.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:50 (Ref:3438857)   #12
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First the first time all season I had to ponder regarding who is DOTR. After witnessing some epic drives and moves, I must say that the edge...although slight....goes to Kimi.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3438859)   #13
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Alonso for whipping his dog into 2nd.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3438865)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not too sure who to give it to. Alonso, Hamilton and Ricciardo all drove superbly but I think this time it has to be Hamilton, coming from pit lane to 3rd is pretty remarkable and he stuck to his guns and didn't follow team orders.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3438886)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton. Alonso. Ricciardo. Oh, I don't know.

Will give it to Lewis out of sheer bias.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3438912)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would probably have given this to Ricciardo - great drive and superb overtaking - you just can't help but like the guy.... But this time, it's Hamilton for me - pitlane to 3rd. Idiot of the race - whoever decided to give that utterly moronic team order.....
Old 27 Jul 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3438920)   #17
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top 3 were amazing, kudos to JB for getting back to the points (if McLaren were normal with the strategy and hadn't have messed up that first stop, Button would've led the first safety car restart on a slippery circuit, so he could've easily got a podium )

But I have to give my vote to Vergne. Driving genius, and if the Toro Rosso was any better he would've got a solid top 5.

Also, negative 1 vote for Rosberg for some remarkably average driving in the middle of the race. He couldn't even catch Vergne's STR in that Mercedes. That was shocking.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3438923)   #18
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Alonso for whipping his dog into 2nd.
I second that! A great piece of batting by Fred!
Old 27 Jul 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3438980)   #19
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
daniel gets my vote this time
Old 27 Jul 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3438985)   #20
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahh - another tough choice for DOTOR - again!

Hamilton - Well driving up to 3rd from the pitlane on a track like Hungary is a very strong result. Especially after the disaster of his qualifying BBQ! The wet track helped a bit - except for his spin at the start. He seemed to pit at the right times as well. Just a shame he had to use the hard tyres on his last stint - but I suppose he had to make it. He even managed to keep his team mate(on newer softer tyres) behind him - again. He also did a killer move in Turn 4 on Vergne - that's probably the overtake of the season - so far anyway - and that was without DRS!

Alonso - Another impeccable performance from the Spanish F1 King. Having only 2 WDCs underestimates this guy's talent. He was probably driving the 5th fastest car around here(although the wet weather helped out and the safety cars) - but leading the race - and very nearly winning it on shot tyres was incredible.

Riccardio - Red Bull's proper "Number 1 Driver"? Well - it's looking that way? Lead twice in the race and seemed to have really good pace - as well as pitting at the right times(and on the right tyres - McLaren). He also pulled off some great passes - his pass on Lewis was very good. Plus, taking another win - and he started behind his more experienced team mate?

It was really tricky - I narrowed down to Alonso and Riccardio - as much I love Danny and his wonderful smile - he drove a great race - I'm going to give it to Alonso for again performing a miracle in that rust bucket of Ferrari - he might have won here - and he was on shot tyres. Well done Fernando.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3438995)   #21
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo put in some stunning moves. I gotta say him.

I liked the way Hambo got completely unglued at the start. But did that daunt him? Nope. Took real guts to get back in the game. Great drive from him.

Most races Alonso would get top stop from me if he put in the performance that he did here but there was such a wealth of top racecraft...
Old 27 Jul 2014, 20:35 (Ref:3438997)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
This is so tough....
Lewis you drove an awesome race...
Daniel your a star in the making and such a nice guy...
Fernando you deliver every Sunday in that piece of pooh..

Alonso gets my vote today...
Old 27 Jul 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3439002)   #23
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO it has to be Alonso by a chunk.

He drove a Ferrari which is the 4th best car around in 1st and 2nd for a chunk of the race and to drive soft tyres for 35 odd laps while Hamilton on harder tyres struggled and only just lost to someone on 18 lap old softs in Ricciardo.

Alonso was amazing today.

Other mentions:

Ricciardo - Won the race and drove brilliantly. He is a star now let alone tomorrow.

Hamilton - Brilliant come back drive, but he made the error on lap 1 and struggled on the harder tyres v Alonso on older soft tyres.

Raikkonen - Finally a decent drive and a real sign of his old class. 17th to 7th good effort for Kimi

Vergne - I thought he did a decent job too. 9th and a couple of points, but looked fast and calm earlier on while in 2nd place.
Old 27 Jul 2014, 20:54 (Ref:3439003)   #24
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
This is so tough....
Lewis you drove an awesome race...
Daniel your a star in the making and such a nice guy...
Fernando you deliver every Sunday in that piece of pooh..

Alonso gets my vote today...

Old 27 Jul 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3439025)   #25
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton's block on Rosberg was impressive was as impressive as his JEV move
In fact if he had treated Ricciado the same way he would have finished 2nd...