Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Nov 2017, 04:38 (Ref:3783668)   #46
Reynard853
Rookie

Australia
Adelaide & Thredbo
Reynard853 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
No, its sounds like you are settling on something inferior to get a quantity field. (although in this case based on 2017, just to get a field)

IE quantity , not quality
The field is dictated by the 'gentleman" driver/owner who wants to participate, basically it comes down bang for buck and therein is the problem
Old 28 Nov 2017, 05:46 (Ref:3783687)   #47
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The feedback from 2017 was that there wasnt the depth of field (accident, budget etc) for enough teams to run Sprint, Endurance and Trophy.

Some played in Sprint only, some in Endurance and some in Trophy.

2018 addresses this and consolidates the 3 streams into 1 Australian GT Championship.

Quality in terms of competitors and reduction in quantity of the number of events .
Old 28 Nov 2017, 05:57 (Ref:3783689)   #48
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
The feedback from 2017 was that there wasnt the depth of field (accident, budget etc) for enough teams to run Sprint, Endurance and Trophy.

Some played in Sprint only, some in Endurance and some in Trophy.

2018 addresses this and consolidates the 3 streams into 1 Australian GT Championship.

Quality in terms of competitors and reduction in quantity of the number of events .
Where can we find this feedback DRT? I assume its somewhere freely available.

You can try and word things however you want, but this is a major backward step for Aust GT. necessary however, but still a major backward step.

Looking forward to 8 fords in 2018
Old 28 Nov 2017, 06:04 (Ref:3783692)   #49
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personally I think it's a good move. 14 was probably way too many to get good size fields consistently.

Doing less events and being either the headline act or one of the headline acts at most of them sounds like a sensible approach to me. 2017 made it look like 14 was over-reach and it's a smart move to take heed of that.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 06:13 (Ref:3783696)   #50
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Personally I think it's a good move. 14 was probably way too many to get good size fields consistently.

Doing less events and being either the headline act or one of the headline acts at most of them sounds like a sensible approach to me. 2017 made it look like 14 was over-reach and it's a smart move to take heed of that.
agreed, after 2017 it had to happen

Old 28 Nov 2017, 06:14 (Ref:3783697)   #51
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Correct Tourer.

AGP to kick off the calendar provides great visibility at Australia's largest motorsport event. SMP with V8SC as support and then headlining at The Bends, PI and Sandown gives good balance across the season.

Less is more in 2018
Old 28 Nov 2017, 06:19 (Ref:3783698)   #52
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Correct Tourer.

AGP to kick off the calendar provides great visibility at Australia's largest motorsport event. SMP with V8SC as support and then headlining at The Bends, PI and Sandown gives good balance across the season.

Less is more in 2018
how is less more?

and do you have a source for your feedback, will assume its just made up if you dont have one

Old 28 Nov 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3783726)   #53
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
before we had one class of similar cars, now we have mulitple classes of varying speed cars, we have more cars, but the quality has reduced due to varying speeds of cars,
Class racing works for Le Mans, was a staple of the FIA GT Championship, and it was a staple of the ATCC and the Bathurst 1000 for over 30 years

Nothing wrong with different classes and varying car speeds, it makes it more interesting for me, so i'm glad it's adopted in AGT

I'm not a fan of mixing sprint races with endurance races in any series though, keep them separate in my opinion.

Quote:
Where can we find this feedback DRT? I assume its somewhere freely available.
Tony Quinn addressed all those issues a number of times this year in interviews on the Inside Supercars podcast