Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Nov 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3784027)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
What Porsche want will not always happen, let us say their leverage over the ACO is not what it once was.
With what looks like a very full GTE grid giving them more than 2 places in Pro will obviously mean someone else losses out. BMW are the new boys, Corvette, Ford, Ferrari and Aston will need slots so unless the overall grid expands(not likely) i think it is unlikely Porsche will treated with anything like the respect they had before they blew LMP1H apart.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 12:38 (Ref:3784730)   #47
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bit of driver news while we wait for the entry list.

Vincent Capillaire takes his SO24! backing to Graff.

https://www.lemans.org/fr/news/24-he...-et-so24/47794

Old 2 Dec 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3784747)   #48
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably just for render purposes, but those are interesting full yellow sidewalls on those Dunlops.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3784932)   #49
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know yet when the ACO holds their press conference? It's usually been Thursday or Friday on the first week of February but I guess by the way dates fall this year it could also be on the second week

Will also be interesting to see if their modify this proceeding for 2019 with the new changes in place
Old 6 Dec 2017, 19:32 (Ref:3785506)   #50
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
What Porsche want will not always happen, let us say their leverage over the ACO is not what it once was.
With what looks like a very full GTE grid giving them more than 2 places in Pro will obviously mean someone else losses out. BMW are the new boys, Corvette, Ford, Ferrari and Aston will need slots so unless the overall grid expands(not likely) i think it is unlikely Porsche will treated with anything like the respect they had before they blew LMP1H apart.
Not expand but maybe at the expense of AM-entries? I for one wouldn't mind.
Old 6 Dec 2017, 19:47 (Ref:3785511)   #51
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Not expand but maybe at the expense of AM-entries? I for one wouldn't mind.
Well the Aston Martin entries will be the new car, so with out seeing how they will perform how can you say that. The ACO will decide who gets the places but i can not see them favouring Porsche over AM after what has happened. Unlees you mean amateur gt and those will mostly be auto entries from the WEC etc
Old 8 Dec 2017, 00:05 (Ref:3785747)   #52
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR1 to Le Mans?

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/b...e-mans-effort/
Old 8 Dec 2017, 09:01 (Ref:3785783)   #53
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
And apparently JDC Miller have their IMSA nomination.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 11:24 (Ref:3785797)   #54
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
And apparently JDC Miller have their IMSA nomination.
Apparently Ben Keating for GTE-Am as well. Curious about which car he'll use.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3785874)   #55
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well the Aston Martin entries will be the new car, so with out seeing how they will perform how can you say that. The ACO will decide who gets the places but i can not see them favouring Porsche over AM after what has happened. Unlees you mean amateur gt and those will mostly be auto entries from the WEC etc
I meant GTE Am. But you're right, somehow the auto entries slipped my mind.
Old 9 Dec 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3786007)   #56
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not one for 2018 but an interesting potential future entry - Sebastian Ogier.

http://www.crash.net/wrc/news/888145...ter-wrc-career

As a massive rally fan I would love to see him follow in the footsteps of Loeb and McRae and give the race a go. I think he'd be quick.
Old 9 Dec 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3786015)   #57
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Not one for 2018 but an interesting potential future entry - Sebastian Ogier.

http://www.crash.net/wrc/news/888145...ter-wrc-career

As a massive rally fan I would love to see him follow in the footsteps of Loeb and McRae and give the race a go. I think he'd be quick.
He is certainly a high level operator and seems to have given M Sport a kick up the backside this year. Agree he would be a great addition to the race.
Old 9 Dec 2017, 18:54 (Ref:3786034)   #58
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Looks like 4 works Porsches are planned in GTE-Pro (with submitted entries and confirmed driver line-ups).

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...-24-h-le-mans/

I'm going to need to beef up my radio headset/ear defenders...
Old 9 Dec 2017, 20:12 (Ref:3786051)   #59
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Looks like 4 works Porsches are planned in GTE-Pro (with submitted entries and confirmed driver line-ups).

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...-24-h-le-mans/

I'm going to need to beef up my radio headset/ear defenders...
Should be a few of them in Am as well. Beautiful noise.
Old 9 Dec 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3786056)   #60
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The strength of an OEMs leverage at the LM24 is directly tied to the sponsorship dollars they put into the sport. If the are writing a $5m+ check, they will get their way.