Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:08 (Ref:539293)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Spyker

What was the reason of the non-finish of Spyker at Sebring?

Spyker wants to enter Le Mans with two cars (see DSC website). Of course it's nice to see cars like the Spyker on a circuit but i think at the moment the car is not good enough. One of the reason is the weight penalty but i am not optimistic about their ability to improve the car.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:16 (Ref:539305)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I'd be surprised if they don't get one entry - the ACO well know the value of variety in their invitation list. With the pressure on places though, I'd be quite surprised if they get two cars in.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:18 (Ref:539308)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Of course they get 1 entry.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:47 (Ref:539347)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nothing can ever be certain with the ACO......
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:55 (Ref:539366)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Spyker, hmm, they go like someone put a spyker in their tires don't they?

If they do show some pace, then i will widthdraw that comment, but until that day, i can only predict doom. Wouldn't mind owning one though, looks really cool, shame it doesn't go well though
Old 17 Mar 2003, 20:23 (Ref:539392)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
The Spyker, hmm, they go like someone put a spyker in their tires don't they?

Quote:

If they do show some pace, then i will widthdraw that comment, but until that day, i can only predict doom. Wouldn't mind owning one though, looks really cool, shame it doesn't go well though
I thinks this says enough:
Their fastest lap time was: 2.13,850 min.
The fastest lap time of the winning Porsche was: 2.01.018 min.

More than 12 seconds.......
Old 17 Mar 2003, 20:27 (Ref:539402)   #7
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
you know what...its rubbish.

sorry liz.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 20:31 (Ref:539409)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am not sure if they will get in, but then again I have said the ACO will want to get as wider range of cars in as possible.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 20:43 (Ref:539433)   #9
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Aren't they running an unrestricted car in the French GT series this year? That should show whether the car is worthy.

If it is, and should their efforts to meet the homologation requirements be successful, they could really take it to Porsche in 2004.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 17 Mar 2003, 20:44 (Ref:539437)   #10
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Aren't they running an unrestricted car in the French GT series this year? That should show whether the car is worthy.
I belive so, there is something about that over on DSC.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 21:21 (Ref:539475)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Aren't they running an unrestricted car in the French GT series this year?
Beside the Belmondo Vipers what cars are running in this serie?

Quote:
That should show whether the car is worthy.
This is partly true (I think) French GT is not Fia GT or ALMS.

Quote:
If it is, and should their efforts to meet the homologation requirements be successful, they could really take it to Porsche in 2004.
Let's hope.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 23:14 (Ref:539609)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
you know what...its rubbish.

sorry liz.

Well it is a lovely car and faster than the Zonda. So far.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 23:33 (Ref:539627)   #13
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It at least made more laps that the Zonda, I don't remember seeing it after about the first hour at sebring.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 12:09 (Ref:540003)   #14
lowieracing
Racer

lowieracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
their main concern last year was the reliability of the car, once this aspect has been achieved, checked and re-checked they can then try to give the car more spees, yet le mans was not dissapointing for us last year...14 hours, first run with the new engine...it was just unlucky that one of the air "trumpets" broke and found its way amongst the engine... i thoroughly agree with u all though - great looking...needs speed (not to mention reliability developments)
Old 18 Mar 2003, 12:57 (Ref:540061)   #15
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yes but liz..the zonda people have nicer race jackets
Old 18 Mar 2003, 13:41 (Ref:540107)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Flamebait if I ever saw it!!!!
Old 18 Mar 2003, 20:16 (Ref:540453)   #17
kdr
Veteran

no ayse....flamebait is if i tell liz that michael schumacher is the best and fairest driver in world motorsport!

Old 18 Mar 2003, 21:19 (Ref:540530)   #18
vroAAarr
Rookie

vroAAarr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have any idea if Spyker is running the Spa 24 hours this year? I've once read (somewhere in the previous season) that they would compete in some FIA GT races, including the Spa 24 hours. It broke my poor, fragile, little Dutch heart that they didn't show up at the race...
Old 19 Mar 2003, 16:33 (Ref:541283)   #19
lowieracing
Racer

lowieracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is little or no possibility that we will be seeing the spyker at any of the FIA GT rounds, the spa 24 hour race maybe yet there are no plans as yet...
Old 19 Mar 2003, 20:46 (Ref:541509)   #20
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Victor Muller has told autosport.nl that they have plans to race some Grand Am races this year, because they can drive unrestricted and show the real potential of the car.
Probably there will be an entry in French GT.
He has also told that Tom Coronel will drive in Le Mans together with Norman Simon (third driver jet to be announced).
Old 19 Mar 2003, 21:15 (Ref:541550)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by jet
He has also told that Tom Coronel will drive in Le Mans together with Norman Simon (third driver jet to be announced).
Tommie has a busy year. Driving in Japanese GT, flying to Europe, ETCC and back to Japan, etcetera.
Old 20 Mar 2003, 00:42 (Ref:541741)   #22
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
yes but liz..the zonda people have nicer race jackets
I haven't seen them so I can't say. But I still want that Spyker Squadron jacket! I love that jacket.

The Zonda people gave me a nice bottle of wine and a good dinner and that's more than the Sebring Media Centre did.
Old 22 Mar 2003, 18:17 (Ref:544294)   #23
fangio
Racer

fangio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
spyker-sebring

After running problem free for 3,5 hours, the Spyker had a rear wheel bearing break, which caused a 1 hour stop to replace both rear wheel bearings. Shortly after that there was a sudden loss of oil pressure, either bacause of a broken oil-pump or a bearing.
In any case less than a minute after the loss of oil pressure (although thre still was constant, but lower pressure) the engine blew up.
The Spyker raced with 70 kg ballast and 15% smaller restrictors than all the other cars.
The only time it ran penalty-free, it finished 2nd OA, 0,4 sec behind a Modena driven by Alex Caffi at the FFSA GT race at Magny Cours.
So, without penalties it's on par with the Porsches and Modena's.
Old 22 Mar 2003, 19:01 (Ref:544324)   #24
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Re: spyker-sebring

Quote:
Originally posted by fangio
The only time it ran penalty-free, it finished 2nd OA, 0,4 sec behind a Modena driven by Alex Caffi at the FFSA GT race at Magny Cours.
So, without penalties it's on par with the Porsches and Modena's.
Performance is better than I expected.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 09:24 (Ref:547219)   #25
Garp
Racer

Garp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think you can compare FFSA-GT racing with FIA-GT racing.