Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Feb 2012, 00:12 (Ref:3021278)   #1576
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Then NGT are entering 2 cars.
Excellent! (Or finger's crossed, anyways.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
So single 2012 car for Sebring, plus an old Lola?
Someone asked if it would be a single B12 until after Le Mans and then "hoping" for two cars, that got a "thumbs up" from Dyson Racing on Facebook. So presumably another two-car show at the LBGP and the 6 Hours, which is most disappointing.

Chris
Old 4 Feb 2012, 01:44 (Ref:3021301)   #1577
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Excellent! (Or finger's crossed, anyways.)

Someone asked if it would be a single B12 until after Le Mans and then "hoping" for two cars, that got a "thumbs up" from Dyson Racing on Facebook. So presumably another two-car show at the LBGP and the 6 Hours, which is most disappointing.

Chris
Hopefully the B12 is somewhat competitive against the Muscle Milk Honda, if so you could still (hopefully) have a decent race.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 01:51 (Ref:3021304)   #1578
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Hopefully the B12 is somewhat competitive against the Muscle Milk Honda, if so you could still (hopefully) have a decent race.
Don't worry, the ALMS will . Actually, this is the ALMS and Dyson we are talking about here, I think this is more fitting:

BoP It...to the EXTREME!

Oh, FCP, great avatar.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 07:40 (Ref:3021341)   #1579
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That game was fun way back when.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3021344)   #1580
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whats the deal with the Sebring winter test, I read its around this weekend or next week???.......is there an entry list available yet???.....who are expected to turn up???......I know Ian Dawson will be testing his new LMP2 package, but I'm sure some other LMP's must be planning on attending too......
Old 4 Feb 2012, 10:47 (Ref:3021389)   #1581
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's the entry list: http://www.americanlemans.com/files/.../0/WTEntry.pdf

Could the absence of Dyson from the list mean that they won't get their new car in time and don't see a point in testing the old one?
Old 4 Feb 2012, 11:05 (Ref:3021394)   #1582
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Here's the entry list: http://www.americanlemans.com/files/.../0/WTEntry.pdf

Could the absence of Dyson from the list mean that they won't get their new car in time and don't see a point in testing the old one?
for sure is like this, also because usually dyson lolas make test during the season in collaboration with dunlop to test new compounds. BTW i hope that this year the bop won't be so generous with them like last year.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3021469)   #1583
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the proper P1 B12's Dyson shouldn't get the same BoP breaks they got last season.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3021535)   #1584
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
With the proper P1 B12's Dyson shouldn't get the same BoP breaks they got last season.
from what I hear (and I'm rather well informed on this one) they have that all in hand, the Dyson 2012 engine spec will be a very different animal this year, still an AER Mazda I4, but a very different engine under the skin......it will also be interesting to see what Lola have done as I thought the longer wheelbase car was already quite a big step, certainly form an engine packaging point of view with all the new scaffolding.......
Old 4 Feb 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3021564)   #1585
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe they asked AER to develope a less explosive engine this time.
Old 4 Feb 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3021574)   #1586
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
from what I hear (and I'm rather well informed on this one) they have that all in hand, the Dyson 2012 engine spec will be a very different animal this year, still an AER Mazda I4, but a very different engine under the skin......it will also be interesting to see what Lola have done as I thought the longer wheelbase car was already quite a big step, certainly form an engine packaging point of view with all the new scaffolding.......
Can't wait to hear the engine details. I wonder if they finally got DI worked into it?
Old 4 Feb 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3021609)   #1587
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Texas GT3 Cup is likely Brass Monkey Racing's Tony Riviera with his sponsor Tax Masters. Either the WDWT entry list is incomplete or he is only destined for IMSA GT3 Challenge, where he ran before graduating to World Challenge.

Also Dempsey's "major announcement" is due this week, along with (potentially) the AJR announcement and "others" (presumably LMPC and GTC confirmations - we're slightly light in each class which were predicted to both have around 8. Not sure if they will be confirmed at the WDWT.)

Chris
Old 4 Feb 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3021641)   #1588
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
That game was fun way back when.
It is said that Bobby Rahal quite enjoys it as well. Risi, well, not so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Maybe they won't get quite so many breaks as last year if the engine is improved, but the ALMS will provide BoP for any reason possible it seems. Drayson got a pretty large restrictor break just because he sucked at driving. The Muscle Milk RS Spyder got a break compared to the Highcroft car in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
maybe they asked AER to develope a less explosive engine this time.
Reliability wasn't so much the problem last year (in the races at least, I think there may have been 1 or 2 problems in practice), but the issue could have been that the engines were tuned down a bit to get reliability with BoP making up the difference. If so, Dyson should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
It'll be interesting to see what this new engine can do, but how will the ALMS know what BoP to give this new car if it does not run before Sebring? IMSA can set their own rules for ALMS cars at Sebring and I'm sure Dyson will want that BoP if they need some and I would think that they would compared to the mighty ARX-03a of Muscle Milk. Also, how are the isobutanol fuel regulations? Fair?
Old 4 Feb 2012, 22:48 (Ref:3021655)   #1589
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Turns out I might be totally wrong about the Tax Masters GT3 Cup.

Chris
Old 5 Feb 2012, 01:42 (Ref:3021686)   #1590
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Here's the entry list: [url]http://www.americanlemans.com/files/events/2012/0/WTEntry.
There's a lot of TBA in the GT field. I assume most are set, just not public info. Sure we'll find more out the closer we get to Sebring.
Old 5 Feb 2012, 03:24 (Ref:3021694)   #1591
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year Lizards won't have Lieb as 3rd 45 driver, for he'll be in WEC Proton with Lietz, likely Pilet will join Joerg and Long. Also have no idea if Law will be back in 44 as Holzer is going to race full season with Neiman.
Old 5 Feb 2012, 05:10 (Ref:3021704)   #1592
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
This year Lizards won't have Lieb as 3rd 45 driver, for he'll be in WEC Proton with Lietz, likely Pilet will join Joerg and Long. Also have no idea if Law will be back in 44 as Holzer is going to race full season with Neiman.
No disrespect to Seth Neiman but why waste a great talent like Holzer with basically an Am driver? There are many options that give Holzer a much better opportunity to succeed.
Old 5 Feb 2012, 08:56 (Ref:3021726)   #1593
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
No disrespect to Seth Neiman but why waste a great talent like Holzer with basically an Am driver? There are many options that give Holzer a much better opportunity to succeed.
I'm quite agree with you. Without Neiman onboard Lizards could have do better in ALMS, Daytona24 as well as LM24. But on the other hand, without Neiman almost means without Lizards, he has paid a lot to the team. Maybe GTE AM class is designed for gentlemen like him.

Never doubt Lizards can always receive 2 LM tickets after GTE AM class was settled, otherwise if their PRO car is in and AM one not, Neiman will race in PRO car and waste an entry. So ACO shall give them entries in both GTE classes.
Old 5 Feb 2012, 09:14 (Ref:3021728)   #1594
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
I guess #44 will have the same line-up as LM24 AM car this year, Neiman, Holzer with another AM driver. At Sebring #17,#45,#77 will all have PRO-only line-ups so Porsche won't expect #44 much like previous years.

And if Pilet is for #45, Proton have to find another man for #77, Paul Miller Racing, AM Proton and JWA will all find drivers by themselves.
Old 5 Feb 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3021802)   #1595
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First draft of the 2012 IMSA code is out if anyone's interested. Final version to come in few weeks.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 13:24 (Ref:3022145)   #1596
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
Lizards Sebring line-up

#44 Neiman-Lally-Law
#45 Bergmeister--Long--Holzer

Really nice to see Andy gets a Lizard seat!
http://www.lizardms.com/news/releases/2012/feb-06.html
Old 6 Feb 2012, 14:08 (Ref:3022173)   #1597
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
Lizards Sebring line-up

#44 Neiman-Lally-Law
#45 Bergmeister--Long--Holzer

Really nice to see Andy gets a Lizard seat!
http://www.lizardms.com/news/releases/2012/feb-06.html
Also good to see Marco getting a ride in the "A" car.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 15:39 (Ref:3022201)   #1598
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

ALMS FEATURES LIVE ABC AND ESPN2 RACES FOR 2012

So nothing really new on that article expect for one thing: It would appear that ESPN3 won't be streaming Mid-Ohio round because of ABC's only live commitment of the year or something I guess they wanna see how high TV ratings can really go...
Quote:
All ALMS races and qualifying sessions will be broadcast live and in their entirety on ESPN3 and for viewers outside the U.S., via ALMS.com. The lone exception will be the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge, which will not be carried on ESPN3 during the live ABC broadcast.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3022208)   #1599
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Simon Pagenaud driving for Muscle Milk Pickett Racing at Sebring. Second year in a running that he's doing a one-off appearance in a HPD on the airfield.
Old 6 Feb 2012, 16:37 (Ref:3022223)   #1600
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great to see Simon in the Pickett car, and great to see Lally in a Lizards car (and loving him back in sportscars). Wish he was in the #45, but having him and Law in the #44 should give them some great speed, for 2/3rds the time.

Side note on Lally, I stood behind him (and his entourage) with my son on the start/finish line at the Atlanta Motorspeedway while watching Lynryd Skynyrd perform prior to a NASCAR race. Pretty random (and random a thought for a Monday).
Attached Thumbnails
P9041043.jpg