Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 May 2014, 11:09 (Ref:3413101)   #251
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Surely the simplest solution would be to add weight high up on the "B" pillar of the commodores.
What do trolls eat anyway?
Old 31 May 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3413146)   #252
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's true, but you would think that the category would want Ford to stay. How did this oversight on weight distribution eventuate in the first place in a supposedly "technical parity" formula?
Ford could have changed it when starting the CoF
Old 31 May 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3413168)   #253
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roger Penske keen on V8 Supercars entry
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motor...531-zrtrz.html

Probably decide in the next month or so
Old 31 May 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3413385)   #254
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
What do trolls eat anyway?
Not trolling at all, it is a legitimate comment.........you must see demons in every closet.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 00:15 (Ref:3413411)   #255
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Roger Penske keen on V8 Supercars entry
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motor...531-zrtrz.html

Probably decide in the next month or so
There is a story around suggesting that talks may or may not have happened with a former Ford team now running a make of car without the blessing of the importer... I bet the price might be sub $40m though
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Jun 2014, 01:19 (Ref:3413423)   #256
Cosworth72
Rookie

Cosworth72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There is a story around suggesting that talks may or may not have happened with a former Ford team now running a make of car without the blessing of the importer... I bet the price might be sub $40m though
Not sure where you get your information from but I will call Bullshit on this one. The DJR deal is done, has been for a while, Erebus aren't going anywhere either(not yet anyway!). Back to the powder room champ..... Of course if any of this actually happened..........or is happening.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 01:54 (Ref:3413432)   #257
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Always good to hear the rumours though.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 08:05 (Ref:3413526)   #258
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
An alternative solution would be allowing Ford to make fibre glass or carbon fibre panels and ballast them up. That way only 20% of the cars need the ballast not 80% and it would be very cost effective to make the glass/carbon panels. This method is adopted in a lot of parity based race series' at clubsport and national levels.

Only downside is the crash damage would not look as similar to a road car, but these COTF cars respond strangely to even minor impacts anyway, so I don't see that as being a big issue.
It's not quite that straightforward as Commodore is one of the few running both aluminium boot and bonnet. So you would have most of the field have the cost of manufacturing panels. Receiving 'free' steel ones from the usual deals with the manufacturer would be hard to give up.

I seem to remember someone saying the Volvo roof panel is aluminium, which would further cloud the situation if that's the case.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 08:35 (Ref:3413553)   #259
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Representatives from SBR, FPR, and DJR agreed to these rules, so people who know a lot more than we do decided this was OK.

Not sure why people here think they know better than people with their own skin in the game building and racing the cars...
Old 3 Jun 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3414781)   #260
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New 2015 Ford Falcon spied

Meanwhile, back on planet earth, could this be the basis of the 2015 FPR effort if Ford funding continues?

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/n...602-zrux8.html
Old 3 Jun 2014, 22:08 (Ref:3414996)   #261
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Representatives from SBR, FPR, and DJR agreed to these rules, so people who know a lot more than we do decided this was OK.

Not sure why people here think they know better than people with their own skin in the game building and racing the cars...
Umm, this is an internet forum where ANYONE can discuss issues.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 00:15 (Ref:3415038)   #262
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Umm, this is an internet forum where ANYONE can discuss issues.
Of course they can and I am not here to take away that right, but there are people here who keep banging the drum ad infinitum as if the teams themselves haven't thought to, or have somehow rolled over in deference to Roland Dane on the bodywork issue...
Old 5 Jun 2014, 03:34 (Ref:3415542)   #263
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting to read in AA... that the model Ford being raced in season 2015 and beyond may still be up in the air. In a typical AA story, Mr Edwards was asked his opinion, and his suggestion was that the team may switch to a Mondeo if that is Ford's wont... while Mr Story at DJR suggested that if DJR were to run a Ford product next season, that would be sticking with the Falcon.

There seems a large issue with the 'new' Falcon having the 'Aston Martin' nose like others in the Ford family, and how very different the current FG design... so presuming the new model is run in V8SC to maintain its 'real world' relevance, another homologation may need to be undertaken...

Sounds all a bit wishy washy still...

The wonderment for me is if Ford chooses not to continue to support FPR & the category ongoing... who will undertake the Ford homologations... or will the FG Falcon be 'it'
Old 5 Jun 2014, 03:54 (Ref:3415545)   #264
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Either way, they'd be silly to persist with the FG.

With the avent of homologating a facelift, they can perhaps use some trick lightweight headlights like everyone else
Old 5 Jun 2014, 04:12 (Ref:3415556)   #265
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Either way, they'd be silly to persist with the FG.
One wonders what the cost of homologating a headlight/taillight refresh retaining turret and doors vs a whole new model.

Surely it has to be half a mill difference in price if not more?
Old 11 Jun 2014, 12:09 (Ref:3418524)   #266
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
little bit of public discusion about the "haunted hills" track going on and its potential economic benefits

Wont come to much though
Old 11 Jun 2014, 23:42 (Ref:3419004)   #267
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
AA reports this week... that a DJR purchase is still on... with Marcos Ambrose preferred as headline pilot... alongside Mr Pye...

The sponsor train has apparently come in too, with former longtime DJR sponsor Shell the named partner in this alleged new venture...

Presumably this shall see Wilson Security invited not to come back...

Why would Penske be leaking this stuff... or is it an elaborate smoke screen for other activities?
Old 12 Jun 2014, 00:44 (Ref:3419011)   #268
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
AA reports this week... that a DJR purchase is still on... with Marcos Ambrose preferred as headline pilot... alongside Mr Pye...

The sponsor train has apparently come in too, with former longtime DJR sponsor Shell the named partner in this alleged new venture...

Presumably this shall see Wilson Security invited not to come back...

Why would Penske be leaking this stuff... or is it an elaborate smoke screen for other activities?
Or is AA making up stories again to gain sales??
Old 12 Jun 2014, 01:10 (Ref:3419013)   #269
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How long before we hear rumours of a possible Mobil backed entry for Murph...... OMG Murph v Ambrose, Holden v Ford, Shell v Mobil, I think my head will explode!!!!!!

Put it on the cover, lets run with it!
Old 12 Jun 2014, 01:52 (Ref:3419018)   #270
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Or is AA making up stories again to gain sales??
Not sure its working, circulation of the printed magazing is a pooftteenth over 10,000 copies these days... It was almost 15,000 only a few short years ago

Maybe NextMedia should buy the magazibe , to confirm its fate
Old 12 Jun 2014, 01:52 (Ref:3419019)   #271
Mixer
Veteran

We can dream... Shell and Mobil liveries from that era are some of the classic looking cars.

How good would it be if DJR did a retro livery for the Shell Helix car and HRT did a Mobil livery for the 1996 livery!
Old 12 Jun 2014, 03:36 (Ref:3419032)   #272
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How good would it be if DJR did a retro livery for the Shell Helix car and HRT did a Mobil livery for the 1996 livery!
Sounds good to me ... and the Nissan Norton Hornets could run 1 car in Winfeld livery, the other in Peter Jackson - with "Norton Hornets" replacing "Winfield Racing" and Peter Jackson" respectively

Change of mind - have the Hornets run in the earlier red/blue/white "Nissan" livery, with Norton Hornets replacing the Nissan.
Old 12 Jun 2014, 04:00 (Ref:3419037)   #273
Mixer
Veteran

Yeah and we need Seton in the PJ car late in the race with a rain shower
Old 12 Jun 2014, 04:47 (Ref:3419045)   #274
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this testing tell a few stories for 2015 and beyond or possibly not.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/06/12/...sland-raceway/
Old 12 Jun 2014, 05:13 (Ref:3419046)   #275
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Does this testing tell a few stories for 2015 and beyond or possibly not.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/06/12/...sland-raceway/
DJR dont currently have a Dunlop series FG in their shed for someone to test do they?

Hopefully MSR made a few bob from this test, so Mr Hazelwood can complete the season