Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Mar 2014, 00:48 (Ref:3374660)   #101
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Where would that be?

Ford even more uncertain.
Erebus even more uncertain than Ford.
That leaves 4 cars at Nissan and 2 (up to 4) cars at Volvo.
Yeah, the options look limited........isn't Lowndes departing, Whincup non committal and Tander looking elsewhere?
Old 4 Mar 2014, 01:10 (Ref:3374667)   #102
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Yeah, the options look limited........isn't Lowndes departing, Whincup non committal and Tander looking elsewhere?
As far as Triple 8 goes everything is up for renewal at end of 2015 - Both drivers, Red Bull & Holden deals.

Tander out of contract at end of this year.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 01:45 (Ref:3374673)   #103
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
As far as Triple 8 goes everything is up for renewal at end of 2015 - Both drivers, Red Bull & Holden deals.

Tander out of contract at end of this year.
What chance T8 might leave the series?
Old 4 Mar 2014, 01:55 (Ref:3374676)   #104
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
What chance T8 might leave the series?
Asymptote to zero?
Old 4 Mar 2014, 03:07 (Ref:3374696)   #105
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Asymptote to zero?
Even if the $$$ aren't available when holden shuts the doors?
Old 4 Mar 2014, 03:42 (Ref:3374708)   #106
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The only logic for Holden or Ford pulling out of V8 Supercars would be to give the public the perception that they are doing everything they can to save money while jobs are being lost. The fact that neither manufacturer has done this to date, despite the difficult times they have each faced over the last few years, suggests to me that they aren't leaving the sport any time soon. Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

You could put it this way, Nissan and Volvo don't manufacturer in Australia, so why would anything change for Ford and Holden in years to come (as far as V8 Supercars is concerned)?

If Volvo can continue their relative success this season I think it will open the eyes of other manufacturers too. The publicity they got last weekend was brilliant. According to Volvo sales are up since they signed up to the series. I think it is a success story that other manufacturers will be watching closely, and some will even be kicking themselves that they haven't jumped on board already.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 06:14 (Ref:3374746)   #107
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Holden aren't shutting doors. All they're doing is axing the loss-making local manufacturing.

But if Holden walks, really only HRT is screwed. Ironically most other Holden teams are fine because they don't get anything anyway (other than a few parts) and Triple 8 are financially sound without Holden.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 07:15 (Ref:3374759)   #108
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Holden aren't shutting doors. All they're doing is axing the loss-making local manufacturing.

But if Holden walks, really only HRT is screwed. Ironically most other Holden teams are fine because they don't get anything anyway (other than a few parts) and Triple 8 are financially sound without Holden.
If it's not made in Australia, it's not a holden.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3374777)   #109
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If it's not made in Australia, it's not a holden.
My sarcasm detector just blew up. Thanks
Old 4 Mar 2014, 08:36 (Ref:3374787)   #110
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
My sarcasm detector just blew up. Thanks
Sarcasm detectors are notorious for that.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 11:44 (Ref:3374848)   #111
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

And we will be racing the Chinese built Buick as the Generals Brand in Aust.
Old 4 Mar 2014, 12:07 (Ref:3374859)   #112
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So... there is this F1-spec engine development facility on the other side of the world, with every gadget, thingummybob and simulation product available to build, test & develop engines to within an inch of their life... yet the team chooses to build them in Yatala?
Problem is if you are getting charged F1 spec prices!

Also delays/cost of international freight is not helpful either.

Looks like Polestar might be the first overseas engine builder to get it right first time?
Old 5 Mar 2014, 00:01 (Ref:3375116)   #113
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Heard a rumour (i stress just a rumour) that T8 will be running Mustangs.

Anything's possible i suppose as i guess they would be moving on.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 00:57 (Ref:3375135)   #114
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
Heard a rumour (i stress just a rumour) that T8 will be running Mustangs.

Anything's possible i suppose as i guess they would be moving on.
Like you say, anything's possible. But given that there's no guarantee that Mustangs will be Ford's choice of V8 Supercar, nor that 2 doors will be allowed in the series, it's very unlikely that anything is locked in for 2017 just yet.

But I would LOVE to see Mustangs in the series.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 01:17 (Ref:3375142)   #115
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wouldn't it be better for Dick to do it with Greens-Tuf sponsorship?

Although he's got another 2 co-owners to go through before that happens...
Old 5 Mar 2014, 01:43 (Ref:3375151)   #116
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Unlikely that T8 would go back to Ford and run Mustangs considering the history between the two organisations, but T8 are a mercenary lot, so I suppose anything could happen.........I can't see Penske beating beating them.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 04:29 (Ref:3375186)   #117
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Unlikely that T8 would go back to Ford and run Mustangs considering the history between the two organisations, but T8 are a mercenary lot, so I suppose anything could happen.........I can't see Penske beating beating them.
Calling them mercenary is kinda hilarious. Ford dumped them, they were unaligned with any manufacturer, and Holden offered them some money... Heaps of mercenary.
Old 5 Mar 2014, 04:51 (Ref:3375195)   #118
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Calling them mercenary is kinda hilarious. Ford dumped them, they were unaligned with any manufacturer, and Holden offered them some money... Heaps of mercenary.
Isn't that what Roland Dane called Adrian Burgess.........mercenary?
Old 5 Mar 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3375250)   #119
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The Merc F1 engines come from Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains in Northamptonshire, in the U.K.

The Erebus engines come from Mercedes-AMG GmbH, commonly known as AMG, engineers, manufactures and customises Mercedes-Benz-branded vehicles. Mercedes-AMG is headquartered in Affalterbach, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. Mercedes-AMG GmbH is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Daimler AG.

Scource-
wikipedia

Last edited by Scrut; 5 Mar 2014 at 08:34. Reason: wrong quote
Old 6 Mar 2014, 00:19 (Ref:3375580)   #120
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Isn't that what Roland Dane called Adrian Burgess.........mercenary?
Well he is starting to compete with Campbell Little as the 2-year man, so I am not sure its unjustified to be honest, but as a business owner I realise I don't own anybody... If I get 2 years good service out of a recruit, I'm generally happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrut View Post
The Erebus engines come from Mercedes-AMG GmbH, commonly known as AMG, engineers, manufactures and customises [/COLOR][/FONT]
Actually I believe the Erebus engines came from HWA did they not?
Old 6 Mar 2014, 02:18 (Ref:3375596)   #121
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Well he is starting to compete with Campbell Little as the 2-year man, so I am not sure its unjustified to be honest, but as a business owner I realise I don't own anybody... If I get 2 years good service out of a recruit, I'm generally happy.

Actually I believe the Erebus engines came from HWA did they not?
Correct - HWA. Which is why AMG were so keen on the deal - they had spare capacity there when the F3 program was down-scaled.
Old 7 Mar 2014, 21:58 (Ref:3376312)   #122
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
spare capacity?! They are flat out building GT3 SLS's ! Plus the mysterious CLA project that been seen testing around Europe ......
Old 8 Mar 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3376436)   #123
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
! Plus the mysterious CLA project that been seen testing around Europe ......
Didn't have a turbo v6 in it by any chance?
Old 8 Mar 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3376507)   #124
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
H Ha Ha Inspired conspiracy theory! Right up there with the supposed Renault World series "test car" and the "La Ferrari" "test mulletta" GT car!

I understand Ilmor / Mercedes/AMG have the Worlds most advanced chassis/engine dyno and have done many Grand Prix in real time already....

The Ross Brawn legacy...
Old 10 Mar 2014, 11:27 (Ref:3377036)   #125
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No rumours yet of another manufacturer?