Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Mar 2015, 23:06 (Ref:3520097)   #1101
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Im looking forward to the best coverage v8s have ever had.

sorry if you have to care about something that doesnt affect you
Yet it does effect people Pecky. Teams, sponsors & fans who cant access the coverage.

Keep turning a blind eye. Its a great quality
Old 26 Mar 2015, 23:09 (Ref:3520098)   #1102
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Yet it does effect people Pecky. Teams, sponsors & fans who cant access the coverage.

Keep turning a blind eye. Its a great quality
but why "look forward" to that? that's a really horrible thing to do

and then to be able to draw some conclusion about it. with almost no understanding of why a sponsor is involved

every fan can still access coverage.
Old 26 Mar 2015, 23:27 (Ref:3520104)   #1103
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I helped with the Foxtel install at home late yesterday. Poor dude would have been there til 9pm if I let him struggle on his own.
So just in time for Tassie, sweet!

My first problem I've come across is having to come to work while TCM pracs were on. Was kinda cool even seeing that on in the lounge as I was getting ready.

I foresee the next problem being nothing getting done around the house this weekend as I catch up on todays viewing and the rest of what the Tassie telecast brings
Old 26 Mar 2015, 23:31 (Ref:3520106)   #1104
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
I helped with the Foxtel install at home late yesterday. Poor dude would have been there til 9pm if I let him struggle on his own.
So just in time for Tassie, sweet!

My first problem I've come across is having to come to work while TCM pracs were on. Was kinda cool even seeing that on in the lounge as I was getting ready.

I foresee the next problem being nothing getting done around the house this weekend as I catch up on todays viewing and the rest of what the Tassie telecast brings
it is a problem, there is so much coverage, upsets the wife and kids that i hogged the tv all weekend, plus the other motorsport shows that are on as well.
Reckon i can convince them to get a 2nd box
Old 27 Mar 2015, 00:02 (Ref:3520114)   #1105
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
it is a problem, there is so much coverage, upsets the wife and kids that i hogged the tv all weekend, plus the other motorsport shows that are on as well.
Reckon i can convince them to get a 2nd box
I'm sure that you'll argue and argue and tell them that your right.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 00:16 (Ref:3520120)   #1106
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
I'm sure that you'll argue and argue and tell them that your right.
you sound just like my wife, but she talks about me less and wants to discuss things with me that aren't about me.

Discuss the topic

Loving Friday practice coverage on Fox from tassie, unheard off.

We have truly been blessed
Old 27 Mar 2015, 00:27 (Ref:3520123)   #1107
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
you sound just like my wife, but she talks about me less and wants to discuss things with me that aren't about me.

Discuss the topic

I'm sure that many on here will see that first paragraph as being totally understandable.

Last edited by Reload; 27 Mar 2015 at 00:40.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 00:45 (Ref:3520124)   #1108
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Im with you mate. Watching practice is such intense pressure motorsport - blessed indeed.

What would we do without it
Old 27 Mar 2015, 00:51 (Ref:3520127)   #1109
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first of the highlights packages for both the V8s and Formula 1 this weekend will be make or break for me. I wouldn't be at all surprised if come Tuesday I've given up motorsport.

I can't see there any point even watching highlights packages when you've already seen the results plastered all over Facebook.

How is it a good thing when thousands upon thousands of long time fans walk away ?
Old 27 Mar 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3520128)   #1110
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Im with you mate. Watching practice is such intense pressure motorsport - blessed indeed.

What would we do without it
sarcasim, nice, Not!

Watching practise is an enjoyable experience. Not sure why anyone would suggest other wise.

For someone who has rarely , if ever, said anything positive about v8 supercars (correct me if i am wrong) You certainly post a lot of negative comments, why do you bother? Is the goal to drive those that are interested away?
Old 27 Mar 2015, 01:28 (Ref:3520133)   #1111
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Discuss the topic

Easter is just around the corner and it is most certaintly not about you!
Old 27 Mar 2015, 01:59 (Ref:3520142)   #1112
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
Easter is just around the corner and it is most certaintly not about you!
not about the media package either

prac 2 about to start. live on fox
Old 27 Mar 2015, 03:44 (Ref:3520154)   #1113
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Im looking forward to the best coverage v8s have ever had.

sorry if you have to care about something that doesnt affect you
But it does affect me Pecky, it affects all fans, especially in the mid to long term when sponsors see no value in sponsoring a sport that gets less week to week viewers than the midday movie and start walking away. I love the sport, I like V8 Supercars, but the Big Bash is a case in point where PayTV deals weren't as lucrative in the long term compared to FTA. And I predict this will be repeated in V8 Supercars.

Teams will eventually come to realise (if they don't already) that the pain relief of the Fox deal and its $$ isn't an actual cure to a larger problem. But let time be my witness... In the meantime Fox and the V8s should be looking at internet streaming (allegedly) going on.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 03:52 (Ref:3520157)   #1114
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
But it does affect me Pecky, it affects all fans, especially in the mid to long term when sponsors see no value in sponsoring a sport that gets less week to week viewers than the midday movie and start walking away. I love the sport, I like V8 Supercars, but the Big Bash is a case in point where PayTV deals weren't as lucrative in the long term compared to FTA. And I predict this will be repeated in V8 Supercars.

Teams will eventually come to realise (if they don't already) that the pain relief of the Fox deal and its $$ isn't an actual cure to a larger problem. But let time be my witness... In the meantime Fox and the V8s should be looking at internet streaming (allegedly) going on.
your suggesting that the teams and sponsors are not aware of this already.

No one expects the coverage to have as many viewers as the past. Everyone is aware of this. sponsors have signed on know this
Old 27 Mar 2015, 04:04 (Ref:3520159)   #1115
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Going to be hard to sell $1M sponsorship packages then, isn't it? So manufacturer support is drying, cut price sponsorship deals are more prevalent than ever, the next few years are going to be critical to the category.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 04:10 (Ref:3520161)   #1116
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Going to be hard to sell $1M sponsorship packages then, isn't it? So manufacturer support is drying, cut price sponsorship deals are more prevalent than ever, the next few years are going to be critical to the category.
Was like that on FTA though,

so FTA would not save things
Old 27 Mar 2015, 04:15 (Ref:3520162)   #1117
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
so FTA would not save things
Nah Dick said he had Hungry Jack's until there was no FTA

But really, the fish was THIS BIG
Old 27 Mar 2015, 07:47 (Ref:3520195)   #1118
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
So who planned to have a race meeting on the same weekend as the ICC World Cup final? Shocking planning, surely?
Old 27 Mar 2015, 08:32 (Ref:3520206)   #1119
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So who planned to have a race meeting on the same weekend as the ICC World Cup final? Shocking planning, surely?
Especially considering how the test day couldn't be moved or else it would clash with the World Cup.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 08:52 (Ref:3520217)   #1120
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
You mean the dream final between Australia & NZ which is going to dominate the ratings ?
Old 27 Mar 2015, 11:03 (Ref:3520265)   #1121
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Considering one of the minnows of the field had to buy a car and assemble it just to make it to the track on time, I too believe that the Tasmanian event could've been placed two weekends from now.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 11:26 (Ref:3520275)   #1122
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
You mean the dream final between Australia & NZ which is going to dominate the ratings ?
And there's their get out of jail free card for when they spin why the Tassie ratings are down on last year.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 20:13 (Ref:3520558)   #1123
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For those without Foxtel there is plenty of Motorsport on FTA today.

Sprintcars on both ONE and 7 Mate, Dunlop Series from Adelaide on ONE and Highlands 101, also on ONE. And a documentary on Mercedes F1 on ONE.

On Sunday, Formula E on ONE, World Superbikes and Speedweek on SBS.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 21:14 (Ref:3520602)   #1124
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
And there's their get out of jail free card for when they spin why the Tassie ratings are down on last year.
Ordinarily thatd be fair enough but as it was said earlier, the whole test day debacle was related by v8 boffins back to the world cup... V8 supercars canthave their cake and eat it too.
Old 27 Mar 2015, 22:28 (Ref:3520642)   #1125
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
My TV guide is showing today's highlights at 830 tonight which is fine as I expected it to be later in the evening