Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 2 Apr 2003, 09:36 (Ref:555665)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rip Em To Shreds

Please don't see this as an attempt to promote a site...my hompeage is nothing more than that...no commercial interests whatsoever.
However...I really would like some feedback on the pictures up there, especially the 2003 ones.
I'm striving to improve and after seeming to make a bit of a step forward at the first meeting of the year I seem to be going backwards again and not making much progress.

All the pictures have been taken on a Pentax MZ60 with a 100-300mm zoom
The first two sets this year used Agfa ISO200 and the last set used FujiFilm ISO400

http://members.fortunecity.com/psand...ds/msport.html
Old 2 Apr 2003, 15:05 (Ref:556038)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paul, your website is hosted by a firm that gives a bunch of annoying popups, and resets your homepage to "orbitexplorer .com", and even adds an unwanted toolbar.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 2 Apr 2003, 15:14 (Ref:556048)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Paul, your website is hosted by a firm that gives a bunch of annoying popups, and resets your homepage to "orbitexplorer .com", and even adds an unwanted toolbar.
I wasnt aware of that...I suppose I wouldnt suffer that myself
Maybe time to find another host..sorry about that..I'll remove the link
Old 2 Apr 2003, 16:55 (Ref:556160)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 4 Apr 2003, 14:40 (Ref:558381)   #5
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Further to this;

anyone browsing to fortunecity.com should beware - a stealth program is installed without your permission, that hijacks advertising and substitutes its own. While not technically a virus, and in current versions not enabled to do so, it has the potential to actually share info from your HD to the orbitexplorer website.

Paul, you'd best find a better host.

-Bill James
Old 4 Apr 2003, 14:48 (Ref:558394)   #6
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
eeeeek...any suggestions????
Old 4 Apr 2003, 14:52 (Ref:558403)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I have requested that the Administrator removes the link from my original message..I shall remove its as my homepage on my profile too
Old 9 Apr 2003, 08:30 (Ref:563659)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
OK I went and purchased my own domain and all that gubbins so hopefully no ads any more.
Which brave soul wants to test it for me now?
http://paulsands.org
Old 9 Apr 2003, 08:56 (Ref:563669)   #9
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul,

The photos on the site are very good. The can be made to look much more professional by using 'creative' editing techniques such as I have done with the image below (hope you don't mind), if you ignore the pixelation. I should imagine that most proffesional photos are done this way.
Attached Thumbnails
f39a.jpg  

Last edited by AndyF; 9 Apr 2003 at 08:58.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 09:00 (Ref:563675)   #10
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Yeah I've done that to a few in the past...often depends what mood I'm in and whether I like to see the surroundings.
I think I need to just keep on shooting and really ought to start keeping a log