Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 21 Feb 2001, 06:34 (Ref:65847)   #1
Wright
Rookie

Wright should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The highest honor that Dale Jr. could give and receive, would be to drive the # 3 . Driving his Dad's car would give him and the Fans the strenght to continue.
It would be a slap in the face if Richard Childress put a lame driver in the # 3.
Dale Sr. would love to pass the torch off to his son, that he taught, and drove against. Like a son of a dead King, Dale Jr. has the right to drive the # 3 back into Victory Lane.
This is not something given to Dale Jr. this is something he has earned.
And for the Fans to see the # 3 on the track and with a Earnhardt behind the wheel, would be the answer to our prayers.
Dale Jr. is our next Earnhardt Generation. Dale Sr, worked very hard to help Nascar grow, and Dale Jr. can do even more for the sport.
Richard Childress will bring the # 3 back out, it is up to us (the Fans) to make sure Dale Jr. is driving it.
Old 21 Feb 2001, 07:12 (Ref:65848)   #2
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree but many believe it should be retired and I understand their point of view too. My feeling is that I think Jr. would have eventually driven a black number 3 after his father retired at some point.
Old 21 Feb 2001, 22:30 (Ref:65987)   #3
Jared
Racer

Jared should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Dale Jr. would drive the #3, nor do I think he should. Richard Childress owns the rights to the number 3, and Dale Jr. has a 5 or 8 year contract with Budweiser and DEI. So, he couldn't just hop from his DEI car to the RCR #3.

I do think the number should be retired. I don't know if this will happen, as NASCAR didn't retire the #43 after Richard Petty retired in 1992.

I also think that if RCR decides to race the #3 GM Goodwrench Service car again, it should not do so for some time. Take a few races off. There were (and are still) rumors that the driver of the RCR Busch car, Kevin Harvick, will drive the #3 car this weekend and in the future. I do not think this is a good idea. We just lost the best driver and greatest name in our sport last weekend and you just can't replace him with another driver, regardless of how good Harvick is (and Harvick is very good).

One more thing. It is unfair for Dale Jr. to have all this expectation heaped on him right now. I know no one intends to burden him right now, but he is not Dale Earnhardt. He's Dale Earnhardt Junior. He may be as good or better than his father, but now is not the time to heap the pressure on him to pick up where his father left off. Let the man grieve his loss and get on with his job. My hat's off to him and the entire NASCAR grid for racing this weekend in what must be a very troubling time.

Godspeed, Dale Earnhardt.
Old 22 Feb 2001, 03:51 (Ref:66021)   #4
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I don't know. Don't forget who more than likely owns DEI now... Dale Earnhardt Jr. I'll bet ya if he wanted to take over driving the #3, Richard Childress would probably be all for it.

And just like Kyle Petty driving the #45 for his son, Dale Jr. should have the right to follow in the footsteps of his Father. After all, "Like Father, Like Son" is a family tradition.

Old 22 Feb 2001, 06:42 (Ref:66029)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would imagine Dale Jr would have a deal with Bud, but surely it wouldn't be impossible to have a Bud #3?
Old 22 Feb 2001, 12:26 (Ref:66074)   #6
Wright
Rookie

Wright should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard on the news last night that Richard Childress has open the door for Dale Jr. to take over the # 3 and in the meantime, Richard Childress will hold the # 3 at the shop and run a car with # 30 and white not Black
In these times, sponsorship or car owners would be no problem. So let's not get hung up on red tape. Let's do what is right.
I think Dale Jr. is wondering how the Fans will feel, so we need to let Him and Nascar know, what we want.
I don't want to remember the # 3 as the death of Dale Sr, I want to remember the # 3 crossing the finish line first with Dale Jr. behind the wheel. So let's go RACING