Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 11 Dec 2005, 12:08 (Ref:1481622)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very entertaining feature race.

I love this circuit and it's provided a fantastic weekend of action.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1481637)   #27
hani
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
hani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Wow.... what a great race. damn I have to wait for another
4 weeks for to see the next race
Old 11 Dec 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1481649)   #28
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the plus side, the feature race was entertaining, the TV director seems to know his racing and followed the battles throughout the field and didn't just follow the leader (take note F1).

The pitstop lottery is still a joke, the drive thro penalties are very late and "random" and the lack of any crowds at any meeting apart from Brands Hatch must be a huge worry.

All in all, a nice way to pass an hour or so in the off season.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1481651)   #29
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hani
Wow.... what a great race. damn I have to wait for another
4 weeks for to see the next race
5 weeks actually. Certainly great races,pity they can not find a more atractive circuit.Love the helicopter'snatch' though.Hope this comes to UK!
Old 11 Dec 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1481677)   #30
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Somebody please tell me how France can be faster on the straights than South Africa, when the latter was using Power Boost and the former was not...and yet was still faster in the corners.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 15:44 (Ref:1481692)   #31
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Somebody please tell me how France can be faster on the straights than South Africa, when the latter was using Power Boost and the former was not...and yet was still faster in the corners.
Car set-up I guess. RSA must have had more wing - or no one's told him he can push the accelerator pedal down a bit more.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 16:49 (Ref:1481713)   #32
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
Certainly great races,pity they can not find a more atractive circuit.
The circuit was what made the racing so great. Long straights after tight corners are what it's all about if you want overtaking opportunities.

It was the best meeting so far and I'm pleased for the Sheikh that it happened in his home country. Just a shame that it was a weekday over there, hence the small crowd.

Jani would not have won the Feature race anyway, because of the drive-through penalty, but I'm curious to know if his mistimed pit stop was down to the team or simply because the Safey Car was sent out too late for the two leaders to come in immediately.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1481716)   #33
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It may have been car set-up, as Hazard suggested, or simply that Lapierre took the corner at a speed that enabled him to have a better exit, the benefit of which accrues all the way down the straight.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1481721)   #34
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Jani would not have won the Feature race anyway, because of the drive-through penalty, but I'm curious to know if his mistimed pit stop was down to the team or simply because the Safey Car was sent out too late for the two leaders to come in immediately.
Poor strategy call really. If they couldn't get him in, they may as well have left him out and hoped Lebanon held Kerr & Lapierre up enough for Jani to get a decent gap. At least a gap large enough to drop him back above 10th place.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 17:33 (Ref:1481744)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Both races were very entertaining and IMO the TV coverage was good.

Quote:
I was wondering too. Ok they can change the wings settings to make the car faster on the long straight, but I did not get the impression the car was much slower in the corners.
Old 12 Dec 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1482335)   #36
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This is going to be a REALLY interesting series at the end of this year or next when the teams have all caught up with DAMS ... its already starting to happen! Really pleased for South Africa and China.

It'll be nice when the gearbox/electrical problems are all ironed out too!
Old 13 Dec 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1482914)   #37
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
"The pitstop lottery is still a joke, the drive thro penalties are very late and "random" and the lack of any crowds at any meeting apart from Brands Hatch must be a huge worry."

The drive through penalties were all for speeding in the pitlane and were certainly not random. As has been said above, Sunday is a working day in Dubai and so a large crowd was never going to happen. However, I do think the race was poorly advertised locally as the only signeage I saw was on the entrance to the circuit!

The Dubai Autodrome is a great circuit, lots of run offs, good elevation changes and I think a challenging circuit technically for the drivers.

Sorry to have missed you Mr Jinx. We (Marshals) did eat in the same marquee each day and so its possible we saw each other without realising it? I did have a chat to John Surtees on Saturday in the team tent at the back of the garages, he seems quite happy with the way things are going so far. A good weekend for Team GB, well done folks!
Old 13 Dec 2005, 14:38 (Ref:1483151)   #38
muzza4ever
Racer

England
Grim up North, UK
muzza4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like I muppet I completely forgot about there being a race this weekend. Anyone now if Sky repeat there coverage in the week following an A1GP round?
Old 13 Dec 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1483157)   #39
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It was on yesterday and so I guess it will be on again during the week.