Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 26 Feb 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1531985)   #26
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pitpass is reporting that South Africa & Brazil have been penalised for technical infingements in qualifying, moving SA down to 3rd on the grid & Brazil down to 11th. Story here-
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=27205

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 26 Feb 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1532027)   #27
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'd like to know what the Vets of this site think on the GBR vs Brazil incident in the Sprint race ... should Brazil have given GBR room (GBR looked along side to me) or was GBR wreckless?
Old 26 Feb 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1532034)   #28
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab
I'd like to know what the Vets of this site think on the GBR vs Brazil incident in the Sprint race ... should Brazil have given GBR room (GBR looked along side to me) or was GBR wreckless?
IMO it was a normal race incident.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1532038)   #29
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Yeah, Brasil just closed the door on UK, it happens, you just deal with it and keep racing.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1532039)   #30
play mate
Rookie

play mate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good question, As a brit i would be inclined to say Robbie was most definately along side and Brazil should have yielded. But they are both 'racers' and i wouldnt expect either to give way really-they're out for points!

Bring on the feature race-it all makes for good viewing!
Old 26 Feb 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1532040)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysfirst
Pitpass is reporting that South Africa & Brazil have been penalised for technical infingements in qualifying, moving SA down to 3rd on the grid & Brazil down to 11th. Story here-
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=27205
I was already wondering why SA was on 3rd spot.

It was a nice race.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1532052)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab
GBR had the corner won, but Brazil was right to stick with it as Fittipaldi had the inside for the following curve. It was difficult to achieve for both due to the squeeze going into the corner.

And well done JPN - I'm not sure I've ever seen a car roll under SC!
Old 26 Feb 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1532053)   #33
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Yeah that was a bonehead move, but imagine if that was under race speed!
Old 26 Feb 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1532102)   #34
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Two cars on the limit, fighting for position ran out of room to continue to do so. Racing accident.

Really didn't like Premat's restart tactic in the feature. Shame Jos didn't clout him from the rear and remind him why that's not the way you're supposed to do it.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1532106)   #35
play mate
Rookie

play mate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good fight back from team GBR! Showed he's a driver with skill, shame the team lost 10 seconds in the pits thogh.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1532114)   #36
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Great race! Lott's of action on the track and no major crashes.

What did Premat at the restart? I think I have missed that.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1532115)   #37
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Great race! Lott's of action on the track and no major crashes.

What did Premat at the restart? I think I have missed that.
He was brake testing Jos - completely out of order.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1532118)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by nev
He was brake testing Jos - completely out of order.
Now you say that. At the time Jan Lammers was interviewed Verstappen almost hit Premat probably because of a break test.
Old 26 Feb 2006, 22:30 (Ref:1532121)   #39
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
GBR had the corner won, but Brazil was right to stick with it as Fittipaldi had the inside for the following curve. It was difficult to achieve for both due to the squeeze going into the corner.
Typical high risk Kerr move. He makes a dive down the inside and hopes the other guy is going to jump aside. Fittipaldi didn't, but in similar moves in the Feature Race Enge and Friesacher did.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1532402)   #40
Rizweed
Rookie

Rizweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbathshah
I don't think Khan is still injured. I'm hearing of real problems within the team and it is likely you won't see them again. India missing is a bit of a surprise - not even a news release - weird!
Losing India and Pakistan would be a sad loss. They are two nations that love to compete with eachother whatever the competition.

It states on Pakistan's website that they regret not being in Indonesia and look forward to participating in Mexico. Its a surprise that they didn't show up. No updates on their site yet. Lets hope its Adam's injury and NOT politics of some sort.

Its a surprise India hasn't showed up either. They haven't updated their website ever since Durban. I hear that the Team Principle wants to pull out because India isn't showing any results. If that is the case, he should give the team a chance. It hasn't been a year and he's pulled out. Come on!!!

All we can do is wait and see
Old 27 Feb 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1532480)   #41
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Typical high risk Kerr move. He makes a dive down the inside and hopes the other guy is going to jump aside. Fittipaldi didn't, but in similar moves in the Feature Race Enge and Friesacher did.
It wasn't that high risk. Fittipaldi was unwilling to give an inch resulting in contact. You can't place the blame entirely on Kerr.

Besides, I wouldn't say high risk moves are typical of Robbie either.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1532487)   #42
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizweed
Losing India and Pakistan would be a sad loss. They are two nations that love to compete with eachother whatever the competition.
Exactly - and it's also important for the "world appeal" of A1GP to lose countires from the competition.
Welcome to ten-tenths BTW
Old 27 Feb 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1532628)   #43
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was one lucky Marshal holding the Safety Car board when Japan decided to try and 'Over'take behind the safety car, He did have the board ready to defend himself though!
AND he decided to stand in the exact same place next time the safety car came out!!

Great race though, Robbie Kerr has huge balls!!
Old 28 Feb 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1533017)   #44
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was pretty impressed with A1 this weekend.
I took the plunge and subscribed to the sports package (father in-law wanted to watch the Chelsea game earlier in the week anyway) and watched my first race weekend.

Good points:

1. Georgie Thompson (sp?) running the show for Sky.....grrrrr.
2. Ben Edwards and John Watson commentating (Ben really should replace James Allen)
3. Close racing (GB vs Brazil was interesting incident....it was definitely robbies corner)
4. Mad moments to spice things up (some of the driving was errr interesting)
5. It had something hap-hazard about it, so wasnt so up its nose as F1.
6. Lack of traction control etc was excellent....loved to see them all slip sliding around.

Bad points:

1. onboard cameras were a joke and if they are continually this bad, why bother
2. Although the driving was entertaining, some moves were stupid. Many drivers need more experience....even some of the oldies.
3. Technical infringements were sooooo minor, it looked like they had decided who they wanted to penalise and then went and found a reason.

Overall, excellent, but Im still not decided whether its worth the extra 10quid a month on my already expensive sky subscription.......BBC for 2006/7 thats what I say.