Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 20 Feb 2007, 21:55 (Ref:1846775)   #1
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Round 8 - Durban RSA

Last year's race in Durban was a bit of a highlight on the A1GP calendar and I hope for more of the same this year. From a Canadian perspective, it will be interesting to see how young Kevin Lacroix goes on Friday in the rookie practice sessions.

The only event schedule I could find was from a rather obscure web site, hopefully it's accurate (times are local):

...the first of three one-hour official practice sessions for the teams from 22 nations starting at 11am on Friday. The second session is at 2pm on Friday with a final session at 11am on Saturday.

Saturday features the unique A1GP qualifying format of four 15-minute sessions starting at 2.15pm, while the 20-minute Sprint race is on Sunday morning at 11am and the 70-minute Feature race starts at 3pm.

Here in Canada then, Friday practice is 2 am mountain, midnight eastern, and qualifying would be Saturday morning 5:15 am mountain, 3:15 am eastern (I think). Time conversion site if you want to check that.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 22:41 (Ref:1847595)   #2
nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i cant wait for NK to race again. I hope he is still racing.
he is Indias only hope
Old 22 Feb 2007, 07:01 (Ref:1847770)   #3
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkfan
i cant wait for NK to race again. I hope he is still racing.
he is Indias only hope
Ebrahim isn't THAT bad....
Old 23 Feb 2007, 11:49 (Ref:1849817)   #4
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kevin Lacroix a couple of seconds off the pace this morning unfortunately, and he put in several laps. First time out, can't be easy. France quickest in both sessions, maybe a good pick in the predictions contest. Narain did well Nkfan; second fastest. Is he still a rookie?

Next practise session in 15 minutes or so, live timing here.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:06 (Ref:1849829)   #5
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
France looking in a league of their own so far - but then Germany and NZ haven't run in rookie sessions.

GB nowhere so far ...

Ireland (Lyons) just did a great lap on their first flyer this session!

Last edited by Kebab; 23 Feb 2007 at 12:11.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:59 (Ref:1849872)   #6
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
I'll say Kebab, Lyons was fastest in all 3 sectors I think.

Session red flagged twice now - what's that about? Crikey, where's the video stream!

P.S. And not restarting now I see. Uh oh, hope nobody's injured.

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 23 Feb 2007 at 13:02.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1849895)   #7
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Temporary kerbing breaking up - Autosport

I'm just waiting for the posts in the GBR driver thread suggesting the monkey has a try out in the car
Old 23 Feb 2007, 14:18 (Ref:1849916)   #8
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Hey, how bad could he be?
Old 23 Feb 2007, 15:36 (Ref:1849940)   #9
Kebab
Racer

Throttle problem according to GB's press release. Its getting boring how they seem to have some issue every week.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 22:16 (Ref:1850164)   #10
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many teams have had an issue with the throttle, GB more so than others.

I believe the fly-by-wire system isn't really up to scratch and is buzzing the engines.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 22:51 (Ref:1850182)   #11
nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ebrahim isn't THAT bad....
He is a good consistent driver, but he is just not quick enough to bring us points !!!

Duval seems to be doing well..Can he tame the Hulk ?
Old 24 Feb 2007, 01:50 (Ref:1850249)   #12
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Duval could spring a surprise for France. He knows street circuits from his time in F3 at places like Pau and Macau. Shame I didn't think of that when I nade my prediction!

Ditto Karthikeyan. He was leading comfortably in Macau until he threw it in the barriers, but sort of redeemed himself by winning the Korean F3 Superprix.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 09:52 (Ref:1850405)   #13
Kebab
Racer

This could be very predictable - Germany 1/2 second faster than France in last practice ATM. Half the sesh to go ...
Old 24 Feb 2007, 11:45 (Ref:1850471)   #14
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Germany lead France and Portugal in the final practice session. NZL 4th, IRL 5th, GBR 8th.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1850495)   #15
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
First time I've ever had to scroll down on live timing to find the Canadian team. Not sure if there was something wrong or not but..argh, got some work to do there. Lets go boyz.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 12:34 (Ref:1850503)   #16
Kebab
Racer

GB not setting a time in Q1 due to 'issues' with the car ... <frown>
Old 24 Feb 2007, 12:39 (Ref:1850508)   #17
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Yeah, and no time from Narain neither. What's goin' on there and what happens to their aggregates now?
Old 24 Feb 2007, 13:24 (Ref:1850532)   #18
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Good pace from Matt Halliday. NZ should be on the front row I think. 5 mins still in Q4. Another red flag.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 13:43 (Ref:1850543)   #19
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can someone explain how Germany were allowed to keep thier time after setting it under red flag conditions, you actually saw him pass one red flag and comming up to the line you saw another. well done Matt for second though
Old 24 Feb 2007, 19:47 (Ref:1850684)   #20
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Le Sprint Race Grid
Old 24 Feb 2007, 21:24 (Ref:1850732)   #21
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Canada!!! We got a problem!!!!!
Old 24 Feb 2007, 21:38 (Ref:1850737)   #22
Athgoe Racing
Racer

Athgoe Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see Ireland back in it again top 3 looks possible
Old 24 Feb 2007, 22:14 (Ref:1850759)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nev
can someone explain how Germany were allowed to keep thier time after setting it under red flag conditions, you actually saw him pass one red flag and comming up to the line you saw another. well done Matt for second though
I was wondering that, but then I heard it described 'a rogue red flag' and I never saw an incident that would have caused it.

I'd guess one of the local marshals, the one we saw on TV, stuck out a red flag without being instructed to do so. That would also explain why they re-started the session with no loss of time.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 09:45 (Ref:1850884)   #24
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
I was wondering that, but then I heard it described 'a rogue red flag' and I never saw an incident that would have caused it.

I'd guess one of the local marshals, the one we saw on TV, stuck out a red flag without being instructed to do so. That would also explain why they re-started the session with no loss of time.
That would work for me but red flag is red flag the teams and drivers would have seen it too and he should have slowed down. Cos they didn't know if it was rogue. still it was a good lap.
Old 25 Feb 2007, 10:08 (Ref:1850898)   #25
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
As the race is at a reasonable time today (and thus I'm awake and not drinking! ), if we want to discuss the race in real time the brand new Chat Room is open for business. See you in there