Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 May 2016, 12:42 (Ref:3637509)   #1
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Tips 2016

My Mum and Dad have given me a task to do before departure on 11th June 2016. The task is to provide hints, tips and what to do during the whole week of Le Mans.

This year we will be staying in Bleu Nord with Team Langoustine. We will be arriving at Le Mans on Sunday 12th June 2016 and departing on Monday 20th June 2016. And this will be my third time going to Le Mans so I do have a rough idea but I still want more hints and tips.

So if you have any hints, tips or know what to do during the week feel free to either post below or PM me!
Old 1 May 2016, 13:10 (Ref:3637520)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...re-sur-le-loir

Not sure what you will have done on previous visits but suspect the classic british welcome is already a firm favourite so earlier in the week visit the above, a great place to visit with plenty of le mans history there and if you get the chance check round the back at some of the owners old cars. We will visit either wednesday or thursday i am sure
Old 1 May 2016, 13:10 (Ref:3637521)   #3
Mikelancs
Rookie

Mikelancs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scrutunerring in the town on Monday and I think Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday is practice and quali anyway. Friday the pit walk and Classic British Welcome in St Saturnin and the drivers parade!. Saturday morning the Ten tenths meet (place the)!

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
Old 1 May 2016, 14:03 (Ref:3637538)   #4
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Take a look the FAQ thread, you will find pretty much everything there
TenTenths FAQ thread
Old 1 May 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3637549)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelancs View Post
Scrutunerring in the town on Monday and I think Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday is practice and quali anyway. Friday the pit walk and Classic British Welcome in St Saturnin and the drivers parade!. Saturday morning the Ten tenths meet (place the)!

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
Scrutineering is on Sunday afternoon and Monday.... Tuesday is a day off - perfect as Simon suggests for a little run out somewhere like the Hotel De France at La Chartre-sur-le-Loir, or you can nip into town to find the Pontlieu hairpin or spend a couple of hours in the museum......
Old 2 May 2016, 21:39 (Ref:3637959)   #6
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I missed the cathedral the first two times I went to Le Mans. Finally made it there last year and was in awe at the beauty of it. Wish I had seen it sooner as it will now be on the must-list of things to do. So don't miss a visit to the cathedral. After you leave take the stairs down and see the Roman wall by the river.

If venturing away from the circuit my favorite thing to do is visit some of the amazing chateaus that the area is known for. Saw the castle in Angers for the first time last year and really thought that was an amazing sight to see!
Old 2 May 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3637967)   #7
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I missed the cathedral the first two times I went to Le Mans. Finally made it there last year and was in awe at the beauty of it. Wish I had seen it sooner as it will now be on the must-list of things to do. So don't miss a visit to the cathedral. After you leave take the stairs down and see the Roman wall by the river.

If venturing away from the circuit my favorite thing to do is visit some of the amazing chateaus that the area is known for. Saw the castle in Angers for the first time last year and really thought that was an amazing sight to see!
Echo the endorsement for Angers - we went there (in a rainstorm as @elaviel will I am sure attest) and had a fun nose around, then went and found a very good winery. Nice drive down there and lovely town.

Outside of that - down towards Tours the chateau and gardens at Villandry are fantastic, more quietly La Lude is one of my favourite chateau around Le Mans.

It's worth thinking that within 90 minutes of Le Mans you've got a lot of France at your fingertips - be adventurous, think your way to what might be fun, and play with Google Maps (other services are also available) and you'll have a lot of fun.

Enjoy.
Old 2 May 2016, 23:42 (Ref:3637985)   #8
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
The cathedral in Chartres is an incredible sight to behold as well! It may border on blasphemy to say such, but I dare think it is even more impressive than Notre Dame. Plus, when the Mrs. and I were there a couple years ago we stumbled upon a bakery that had just pulled the most incredible almond and chocolate croissants from the oven. Man, if I close my eyes and think back I can almost taste it, they were heavenly!
Old 3 May 2016, 06:07 (Ref:3638032)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes many of the historic houses around are well worth a visit and sitting in a small french cafe having a coffee and cake is essentially the flavour of france
Old 3 May 2016, 15:18 (Ref:3638152)   #10
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes many of the historic houses around are well worth a visit and sitting in a small french cafe having a coffee, cake, and a cigarette is essentially the flavour of france
Fixed it for you.
Old 3 May 2016, 17:06 (Ref:3638183)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yes that too, well for me anyway
Old 8 May 2016, 08:49 (Ref:3640021)   #12
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Echo the endorsement for Angers - we went there (in a rainstorm as @elaviel will I am sure attest) and had a fun nose around, then went and found a very good winery. Nice drive down there and lovely town.

Outside of that - down towards Tours the chateau and gardens at Villandry are fantastic, more quietly La Lude is one of my favourite chateau around Le Mans.

It's worth thinking that within 90 minutes of Le Mans you've got a lot of France at your fingertips - be adventurous, think your way to what might be fun, and play with Google Maps (other services are also available) and you'll have a lot of fun.

Enjoy.
Certainly agree it was beautiful, and I would recommend it, though in a rainstorm... dress suitably.

Echo a lot of the others suggestions, I rather enjoyed the zoo at La Fleche a few years back, though not for everyone.
Old 12 May 2016, 19:45 (Ref:3641202)   #13
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
more quietly La Lude is one of my favourite chateau around Le Mans.

Enjoy.
The Chateau at Le Lude (or Chateau Allude as we call it - it took four visits to actually get to go around it...) is very lovely. When we last visited the Count was in the shop/entrance, so it was lovely to chat to him; he's a big Le Mans fan too.

If you want posh Chateaux; Chambord is beyond awesome. Interesting fact; the wall surrounding the estate is the same distance as the periphique around Paris. I'd like to visit Chenoncy which is claimed to be the inspiration for the Disney castle

La Fleche is a lovely town not too far away for a nice wander around and bite to eat.