Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Sep 2015, 09:44 (Ref:3577961)   #26
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did 2002 to 2009 and said I would go ever year and then towards the end of 2008 I meet my future wife and then this little lot happened....

2010 - Got Engaged
2011 - Got Married
2012 - Had a baby
2013 - Had to look after the said baby
2014 - Bought a house
2015 - Had to pay for the house and daughter
2016 - Still paying for the house and daughter

I will get back to Le Mans at some point I am just not sure when as family life keeps gets in the way. However my wife knows that when Le Mans comes round there is no chance of her getting access to the TV or anything connect's to the internet as Eurosport and RLM all the way.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 16:13 (Ref:3578052)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Is it really that long since you were there, time flies how will we recognise you in 2017
Old 30 Sep 2015, 18:19 (Ref:3578378)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
2016 - Still paying for the house and daughter

I can guarantee you'll be posting this eventually -

2038 - Still paying for the daughter.......

Come on Rob, time to get your Le Mans arse in gear!!!

Old 30 Sep 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3578385)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yep you never stop paying for daughters, i can confirm that
Old 1 Oct 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3578661)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or sons for that matter Simon - I should know - I still have two at home - at 30 and 25!!
Old 1 Oct 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3578686)   #31
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well mine our now the wife's problem at 28 and 24 as house i got is rather small compared to the old one she got, and they decided to stay there as even their bedrooms are bigger than either of those at my semi, but i still seem to always be there to pick up the bills when car/holiday/other expense crop up. By the way had a rather unexpected bill yesterday to repair the new car after i saw my first badger(for many years) last week, nasty mess of the front bonnet but i think the badger may have come of worse.
Old 2 Oct 2015, 23:03 (Ref:3578957)   #32
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i neither missed the race since i live in Le Mans
Old 3 Oct 2015, 12:34 (Ref:3579025)   #33
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Glad you are OK Alex, motorbikes can be dangerous and i have the scares to prove it, that is why i prefer sportscars now, still enjoying my new toy at the moment might not be as fast as a motorbike but the smile on my face when i am driving it is worth the extra costs
Yes, I'm OK, motorbike is not, but it should be repairable.
What is the name of your new toy?
Old 4 Oct 2015, 08:53 (Ref:3579430)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Toropov View Post
Yes, I'm OK, motorbike is not, but it should be repairable.
What is the name of your new toy?
Got a Toyota MR2 roadster in blue with a high performance exaust and just added an authentic badger dent in the front bumper, had not seen one of those for years then when i did i hit it.
Old 9 Nov 2015, 22:21 (Ref:3589346)   #35
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Got a Toyota MR2 roadster in blue with a high performance exaust and just added an authentic badger dent in the front bumper, had not seen one of those for years then when i did i hit it.
Very nice! Very glad for you!

I also got new toy called Yamaha WR450F (used, from 2006). Got into deep financial hole with it, shall pay back the money for the next 5 years, but hopefully it's worth it I like my bicycles and motorbikes I shall not get anything new in the future
Old 17 May 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3642446)   #36
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
So I am one of those sad, unfortunate souls who has been to Le Mans and will not be going this year. It is utter and complete torture.

Was just thinking about this fact this morning with a tear in my eye. Thinking about my most favorite moment of the week and how I won't get that feeling this year. First qualifying session, knowing that this is the first moment where things count towards something. Feeling like this moment and where I am is the center of my universe, how there is nowhere else I would rather be. Knowing that I am about to experience something special and important.

My favorite spot to experience this has been at the Ford Chicane every time I have been there. If anyone finds themselves at the grandstand there and can spare a thought for this tortured soul I would appreciate it.
Old 17 May 2016, 19:04 (Ref:3642461)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I know it must be hard for you but i am sure you will be back, last race i missed was 1989 i think, but it is a whole lot easier for me to get there from just across the channel. We will raise a glass to you and all those not attending at the meet on saturday as usual
Old 18 May 2016, 12:13 (Ref:3642630)   #38
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
So I am one of those sad, unfortunate souls who has been to Le Mans and will not be going this year. It is utter and complete torture.

Was just thinking about this fact this morning with a tear in my eye. Thinking about my most favorite moment of the week and how I won't get that feeling this year. First qualifying session, knowing that this is the first moment where things count towards something. Feeling like this moment and where I am is the center of my universe, how there is nowhere else I would rather be. Knowing that I am about to experience something special and important.

My favorite spot to experience this has been at the Ford Chicane every time I have been there. If anyone finds themselves at the grandstand there and can spare a thought for this tortured soul I would appreciate it.

come on Scott, I know you want to.............
I will bring a spare tent just for you, should you change your mind and come flying in.
Look forward to see you again.

Kenn and Johannes
Old 18 May 2016, 19:43 (Ref:3642711)   #39
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not going for the whole week this year and I thought I would be OK with it, but now, as it is getting closer it feels like not going . Will have to see if I like it.
Old 19 May 2016, 08:13 (Ref:3642801)   #40
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
...Will have to see if I like it.
There was one year we didn't travel down until the Thursday, and watching the Wednesday qualifying on TV seemed all wrong and we've not missed getting down early since.
Old 19 May 2016, 11:40 (Ref:3642848)   #41
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
There was one year we didn't travel down until the Thursday, and watching the Wednesday qualifying on TV seemed all wrong and we've not missed getting down early since.
been gonig down tuesday now for many many years, gives you time to get in the spirit before the cars start going round on wednesday

Oh yes forgot to say, guy you will need to contact your lawyer re fords new truck advert, they are using your name
Old 20 May 2016, 19:57 (Ref:3643313)   #42
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year will be my 5th in a row since I started, I'm 25 so they correlate with my age.
I also can't imagine not going, it's like my second home once a year. I know where all the shops are, streets to travel also know the entire route whilst driving from Leeds/Bradford area. It's part of my life now and actually makes me quiet emotional on the start/finish every year as the cars begin the gruelling 24hours, marks a chapter in life which you can look back on and remember fun memories.
Getting butterflies now, looking forward to the journey down with my wife and kids, setting tent up on the Saturday before and making a real holiday of the 10days were there.
It's strange how a place/event can take hold of you..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk