Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Mar 2011, 03:53 (Ref:2847250)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Sportscar& GT Spotter Guide Thread

It has been a bit of a challenge, but the ALMS/I:MC Spotter Guide for Sebring is now available at
http://www.spotterguides.com

The guide is supported by Ten-Tenths as well as Radio Le Mans, DailySportscars, ALMS and Speedhunters amongst others. The guide also forms the basis of the official Spotter Guide on the American Le Mans Series website.

I also wanted to say thanks to almost every team, many drivers and the series for helping with the guide. The teams have been awesome, sending me designs, logos etc, often before release. They have been awesome.

Due to the large number of entries, I have spread this guide to 2 pages.

You can download the guides now. Please be patient, the JPEG's are about 2-3Mb each. Enjoy!

As you will note from the title, I plan to produce some other Sportscar and GT Guides during the season, as free time permits (unless a paying sponsor comes forward)

NOTE: If you spot any mistakes please send me a PM or email me rather than posting it here. Thanks for your understanding.

Lastly, please respect the copyright notice. I have no problem other sites linking or even posting the guide, but please do not modify, crop the guide in any way including removing my (or the partner) logos.
Old 17 Mar 2011, 08:25 (Ref:2847292)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fantastic Andy, thanks very much. Hopefully we'll have the Le Mans
'SG' again in due course?
Old 17 Mar 2011, 09:11 (Ref:2847313)   #3
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
grat work andy, as always, THANKS
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 17 Mar 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2847339)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fantastic work (as always) Andy!

I shall place a link in the first post of the official Sebring race thread.

Old 17 Mar 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2847465)   #5
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks again for your fantastic work, Andy !
Old 17 Mar 2011, 15:55 (Ref:2847552)   #6
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Looks great! The AF Corse is listed as a 458 but the 430 is shown.
Old 17 Mar 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2847625)   #7
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Thanks all

Seanyb- yes, My mistake. They are running a 430. Forgot to change the name when they decided to take the old car.

One other thing. Some new/different ALMS regs for helmets mean some of your regular drivers may have unpainted helmets this weekend. We've captured what the teams have told us.
Old 24 Mar 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2852299)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
As you may have seen in the GT1 thread, I have released an all-new Spotter Guide for the FIA GT1 Championship.

Download at.... http://spotterguides.com/fia-gt1-2011-guide

The guide features all 20 cars (2 not racing in Abu Dhabi) and will be updated ready for 1st round, but I'm pretty sure I've captured every 2011 livery.

Thanks as ever to Ten-Tenths for hosting, but also Planet Le Mans, DailySportscar, RadioLeMans.com and l'Endurance.

Enjoy....
Old 24 Mar 2011, 12:38 (Ref:2852438)   #9
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow Andy !
Thanks a lot

Andy
Old 13 Apr 2011, 19:26 (Ref:2863003)   #10
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
ALMS Long Beach guide is now up
Old 13 Apr 2011, 20:10 (Ref:2863018)   #11
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will there be a guide for ILMC at Spa?
Old 14 Apr 2011, 06:11 (Ref:2863126)   #12
MarkLMS
Rookie

Netherlands
Egmond, Netherlands
MarkLMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea please make one for the ILMC race at spa

thnx
Old 14 Apr 2011, 09:00 (Ref:2863169)   #13
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Have to see how the day job goes. Sixth day in the row, I'm up past 2am LOL! I would like to do it and I do have quite a few cars from Sebring....we will have to see
Old 14 Apr 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2863489)   #14
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Just a HUGE thanks to you Andy, you really are a MegaStar.

Regarding the Spa ILMC race? Think of it as a Preview for LM24???

Honest.

I'll make sure Jake sends pix of anything that moves, as early as possible!
Old 15 Apr 2011, 07:48 (Ref:2863596)   #15
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Have to see how the day job goes. Sixth day in the row, I'm up past 2am LOL! I would like to do it and I do have quite a few cars from Sebring....we will have to see
Andy the Spotter's guide's are fantastic - we use them in our reports :-)

In all fairness I'd pay a small amount ~£1 say for one of these for a 60 car event like Spa - would that persuade you to do one? :-)

Ben
Old 6 Jul 2011, 05:31 (Ref:2922660)   #16
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Ben - thanks for the offer I think the future for the guides is sponsorship like Nissan did for the Le Mans guide.

anyway.... I'd forgotten about this thread until now, but the ALMS Spotter Guide for Lime Rock is now available on line at

www.spotterguides.com

(I'll also update the GT1 guide for the next round)

Thanks to everyone who download the Le Mans Spotter Guide, we broke all records, even before the event started with over 54000 unique downloads (+ what ever some other places got which decided to host it themselves )

Thanks to each and every one of you.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 16:13 (Ref:2922919)   #17
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
At a pound a pop, it would almost make it worthwhile?
Pity you give them away...

But we all know you're worth it. Fantastic job, Andy.