Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Apr 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2184974)   #1
Chuck Curtis
Rookie

Chuck Curtis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eagle HF89 Toyota 88c Specs needed

Hay Guys I am new here and looking for info about Eagle HF89 Toyota 88c and this forum came up. I am in the process of getting information about this car to put together a mod for the racing simulation rfactor. I would like to get this as close as I can with real world Specs and still keep it fun and drivable, so any and all info I can get my hands on would be great.
I am also looking for sound for this screaming 4 cylinder, both inside and out.

Thanks for your help,
Chuck Curtis
Old 23 Apr 2008, 16:29 (Ref:2184989)   #2
hadlou
Rookie

France
Paris
hadlou should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have some informations provided by Chuck Wade, a man of Toyota motorsports

" The GTP cars all used the 503 purpose built racing engine. It's HP varied by the amount of turbo boost. The maximum I know of was right at 1000 HP but it generally ran between 675 and 750 HP. The cars all weighed about 2000 pounds.
"
Old 23 Apr 2008, 20:52 (Ref:2185240)   #3
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Curtis
Hay Guys I am new here and looking for info about Eagle HF89 Toyota 88c and this forum came up. I am in the process of getting information about this car to put together a mod for the racing simulation rfactor. I would like to get this as close as I can with real world Specs and still keep it fun and drivable, so any and all info I can get my hands on would be great.
I am also looking for sound for this screaming 4 cylinder, both inside and out.

Thanks for your help,
Chuck Curtis
Are you working with Virtua_LM?
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2185319)   #4
Chuck Curtis
Rookie

Quote:
Are you working with Virtua_LM?
No I am with myself, and since I am not a 3D modeler I paid for a 3Dmax model but now I have to find someone that has max and can get it to .gtm so I can put it in rFactor. Looks like I have long row to hoe.

Chuck
Old 23 Apr 2008, 22:01 (Ref:2185322)   #5
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mulsanne Mike might be able to help you, his website is mulsannescorner.com

Mick
Old 23 Apr 2008, 22:53 (Ref:2185346)   #6
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Chuck, interesting project.

I have just a few points regarding your planned project, but don't take them the wrong way, I was where you are at once -

You are aware that the Eagle HF89 & Toyota 88C are two entirely different cars, aren't you? As the caption says in the last photo, AAR ran the cars side by side for part of the season.

The model you've bought will most likely have an horrendously high polygon count. In practical terms, when in game it'll eat RAM and cause windows to crash. It probably won't be mapped either, at least not in an efficient way.

Trust me, it ain't as easy as converting a model to a .gmt file!
Old 24 Apr 2008, 00:16 (Ref:2185385)   #7
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Here's what I have on the HF89/90:

Engine: Toyota 3S-GT 2.1-liter, 16 valve, I-4 turbo
Horsepower- 700+
Gearbox: Hewland VGC 5-speed
Brakes: Carbon or steel
Length: 189"
Width: 78"
Height: 40.34"
Wheelbase: 106"
Weight: 1830 lbs.

I must admit these dimensions come from PR material at the time or are out of On-Track magazine's "Scrutineering" section. I'd feel more comfortable if I had physically measured the car myself.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2186035)   #8
Chuck Curtis
Rookie

Thanks for the heads up, the model is of the 88C. Also I am still looking for a 3Dmax person, and the poly count can be reduced to help the FPS. Right now I have a long way to go, I have just started plugging in the physics information in, this will keep me going until I get the model in game.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hodgkinson
Hello Chuck, interesting project.

I have just a few points regarding your planned project, but don't take them the wrong way, I was where you are at once -

You are aware that the Eagle HF89 & Toyota 88C are two entirely different cars, aren't you? As the caption says in the last photo, AAR ran the cars side by side for part of the season.

The model you've bought will most likely have an horrendously high polygon count. In practical terms, when in game it'll eat RAM and cause windows to crash. It probably won't be mapped either, at least not in an efficient way.

Trust me, it ain't as easy as converting a model to a .gmt file!