Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Jul 2011, 00:34 (Ref:2914115)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Your team , your drivers .

So , you won the lotto ..... CONGRADULATIONS

Now , you got so much cash floatin about that you can throw away 20 million and build a decent Proto team ..... sponsorship aint a worry , dream on !!!

Who do you want drivin in your car ..... and why ?

Currant drivers , within reason (Attwood & Stuck is a no) ..... 2 P1 cars ..... 2 drivers per car .

So , really its your 4 favourite drivers and why ..... no arguements , just what U want .

This should be interesting .

Im thinking .....
Old 3 Jul 2011, 00:46 (Ref:2914118)   #2
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Marco Werner/Alan McNish

My first pick would be this experienced double. Alan being one of the best prototype drivers alive, Marco being blistering quick in wet conditions & the dark.. I would pay to see these two share a car!

Benoit Treluyer/Stephane Sarrazin

Raw French speed! I always considered Treluyer to be one of the most underrated drivers of all time until he got to show off his talent with the insane show he put on at Le Mans this year... and Mr Le Mans Pole Sarrazin needs no further intrdocution.

I think these two crews would make sense, the French car would most likely be quicker but also be taking more risks while the old veterans can use all their experience to edge them out.

If I could field a third car I had an idea for an insane female combination as well..

Now what they would be driving, that's a whole different matter if I had the cash
Old 3 Jul 2011, 01:14 (Ref:2914129)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hope Liz Halliday and Cindy Lux are part of the equation !!!

NcNish-Werner and Sarrazin-Treluyer .

Two real good picks there .
Old 3 Jul 2011, 01:25 (Ref:2914134)   #4
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Hope Liz Halliday and Cindy Lux are part of the equation !!!
Hehe, no. The female pick would be Simona de Silvestro/Susie Stoddart

Simona may be the most talented woman racing right now, plus open-wheel experience comes handy with LMPs. Many DTM drivers have commented how the cars compare more to open-wheelers than touring cars and Susie is doing pretty good there, especially considering the ****ty material she gets.

So I really think these two could show a lot of guys how it's done in sports cars if they´d be given a competitive ride
Old 3 Jul 2011, 04:46 (Ref:2914168)   #5
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't build a prototype team, GTE is where its at.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 07:48 (Ref:2914182)   #6
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will take some thinking about.

Out of intrest how much do top P1 drivers earn?
Old 3 Jul 2011, 08:53 (Ref:2914206)   #7
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBMS View Post
This will take some thinking about.

Out of intrest how much do top P1 drivers earn?
Im sure its enough but they recieve soo many perks. They get new Audi's in their driveway every month i think.....
Old 3 Jul 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2917376)   #8
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Vettel - Alonso
Hamilton - Button
Old 3 Jul 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2917390)   #9
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Vettel - Alonso
Hamilton - Button
This sounds tricky....You should put your foot down and let them know your the boss because Hamilton and Alonso tend to think otherwise..
Old 3 Jul 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2917411)   #10
Koppie
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent, UK
Koppie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As we are in the realms of fantasy I'll go with something a bit different. With my 20m I'd get the TVR name back into sportscar racing but P1 might be stretching it a bit lol.

My driver pairings would have to be 100% British; Johnny Herbert and Martin Brundle (old hands) in one car with Gary Paffett and Guy Smith (as the 'young' guns) in the other.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 14:39 (Ref:2917429)   #11
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me I would hope to be running one of the new P1 Porsche's, and my drivers would be as follows.

Pedro Lamy - Alex Wurz

For me this duo would bring the experience, speed, and the calm cool heads that win endurance races. Both have proven to be quick in almost anything they drive at almost any venue. Not to mention Wurz is the consumate professional on camera and would look great to sponsors.

Jeroen Bleekemolen - Romain Dumas

I have always had a soft spot for Jeroen because he is very quick, and again has found sucess in many disciplines and I beleive has a lot to still give to the sport. Romain Dumas is quick, smart, and of course a Porsche factory driver so I automatically like him. With an overall win at Le Mans, and more often than not the fastest Penske RS Spyder driver I think he is a strong package.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 14:40 (Ref:2917431)   #12
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche917K View Post
Pedro Lamy

For me this duo would bring the experience, speed, and the calm cool heads that win endurance races.
Scratching my head over this...
Old 3 Jul 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2917435)   #13
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Scratching my head over this...
Me too.....Whats going in Pedro Lamy's personal life....His speed has really fallen off like a train wreck....He used to be very quick indeed.....Now he's slow in the Peugeot and the BMW.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 14:50 (Ref:2917436)   #14
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Me too.....Whats going in Pedro Lamy's personal life....His speed has really fallen off like a train wreck....He used to be very quick indeed.....Now he's slow in the Peugeot and the BMW.
He's not just slow but error prone as well. Very unusual, there's probably something bothering him, I haven't seen an accomplished driver fall off this much in a longer while.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2917493)   #15
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well you got me I guess. Haven't been checking lap times too regularly and such. I was going mainly from his history of success, and not current form. So in that case I may have made an error and an easy change for me would be a driver like Guy Smith.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 15:59 (Ref:2917499)   #16
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche917K View Post
Well you got me I guess. Haven't been checking lap times too regularly and such. I was going mainly from his history of success, and not current form. So in that case I may have made an error and an easy change for me would be a driver like Guy Smith.
Yeah. nice choice....Guy Smith is one of the most underrated drivers in the world.......
Old 3 Jul 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2917500)   #17
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Lamy had the spin on his out lap at Sebring as well as being slow at Sebring......Pedro Lamy drove backwards on the Nurburgring Nordscleife during the 24 hour race.....Something has really gone off in his life...
Old 3 Jul 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2917504)   #18
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Davidson - Duval

Montagny - Pageneud

Speed and consistency.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 17:42 (Ref:2917539)   #19
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McNish/Hulkenberg - the hare

Webber/Kristensen - the tortoise.

I'd spend 3/4 of the money developing the car, and the remaining quarter convincing Alfa Romeo to put their badge on the car.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2917546)   #20
peckadj
Racer

peckadj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Davidson - McNish

Minassian - Pageneud
Old 3 Jul 2011, 19:25 (Ref:2917578)   #21
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I think that after what they did at Le Mans this year, that Andre Lotterer and Beniot Trelyuer deserve a full season LMP program as teammates, no matter who with as long as the cars are competitive. Too bad that Toyota and Nissan have them for Super GT and we don't know when those contracts end and if they want to do a full season program with the likes of Audi or Peugeot.

Marcel Fassler has also been quite fast at Le Mans as well and at Imola today once Audi fixed the issues with their cars. The race (or duel, if you prefer) that he and Davidson had at LM is why we watch auto racing. Give those guys a car like what Audi did at Le Mans, and they'd be quite the formidable force as they proved themselves to be.

I'd also give a shout out to Rocky, too, as he's proven to be quite fast and consistant when given decent material to work with.

And needless to say, Allan McNish and Ant Davidson could make quite the pair as well, and who ever lands the fast and consistant Alex Wurz next year, well, it's their gain and Peugeot's loss if you ask me.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2917596)   #22
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wouldn't waste my money on prototype team, 20mil would be a rather kickass start to GTE project! And on that note:

Gianmaria Bruni & Richard Westbrook - Pure Speed
David Brabham & Oliver Gavin - Safe Hands

To spice things up, third drivers for enduros would be Simona de Silvestro and certain mr. Barrichello. Swiss girl for her future development, Ruby for some stability and mandatory brazilian temperament.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2917629)   #23
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
how about Melo-Westbrook ??
))

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jul 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2917632)   #24
colt513
Rookie

colt513 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we are just drawing from current endurance racers I would have to pick Johnny Cocker and Simon Pagenaud along with Mike Rockenfeller and Patrick Long.

I think that Cocker needs to be given a full season drive in a good car because his stint with Drayson showed that he could peddle a car quite fast seeing as he won even though the lord was seconds off the pace.
Old 3 Jul 2011, 21:36 (Ref:2917634)   #25
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
how about Melo-Westbrook ??
))
What about Mucke-Westbrook?

On a serious note, two trios: Davidson-Treluyer-Bourdais(when he's on a good day) or Belicchi and Pagenaud-Lotterer-Jousse. In "neutral" cars like a Lola-Judd.