Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:07 (Ref:3689314)   #76
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I know the track is lit but dang the headlights still are annoying. Does not make for great TV. Why do they need the headlights if the track is fully lit. I'm sure the F1 cars do just fine and they dont have lamps.
F1 doesn't race here at night. F1 requires completely different track lighting because they don't have headlights.

I'd turn the flood lights off and let them race in proper darkness.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:07 (Ref:3689315)   #77
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Was Buemi in at the start? Other than Jani, every LMP1 car changed drivers.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:09 (Ref:3689316)   #78
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sure the F1 cars do just fine and they dont have lamps.
F1 cars don't get overtaken on every sector, every lap. I don't think you can do multi class racing with that speed difference without headlights.
Don't get me wrong, I wish there was a better headlight filter as well, though.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:12 (Ref:3689318)   #79
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

I'd turn the flood lights off and let them race in proper darkness.
Do that and people would turn the TV off. As far as this races goes..Audi looks like they are in good shape for victory. GTE is still a tossup.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3689320)   #80
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
Funny how people missed the sarcasm on my post and to what member's trolling that I was alluding to
I'm afraid it was lost on me but then I don't come here often.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:16 (Ref:3689322)   #81
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Do that and people would turn the TV off. As far as this races goes..Audi looks like they are in good shape for victory. GTE is still a tossup.
Aye, that's why nobody watches that pesky race at Le Mans. Too dark.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:17 (Ref:3689324)   #82
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Webber passed Buemi, Lotterer almost with Jarvis
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3689325)   #83
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still early, but Toyota seem very ho-hum yet again at one of their "good" tracks. What a strange car.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:19 (Ref:3689326)   #84
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as usual, for those who watch FE, Buemi makes a mistake when under pressure
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:20 (Ref:3689327)   #85
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
as usual, for those who watch FE, Buemi makes a mistake when under pressure
I don't watch it. Didn't he win the first few races, and last championship; or do I mix him up with someone else?
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3689328)   #86
Artur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I'm afraid it was lost on me but then I don't come here often.
When Audi announced their departure, a Porsche fan surfaced on the forum(I think his nickmane is something like bavila) saying Audi was leaving because they couldn't beat Porsche and that only the latter is "legendary" among many other worse claims
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3689329)   #87
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Lauda loses it on his own at T8, saves it after a spin.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:27 (Ref:3689330)   #88
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Lauda loses it on his own at T8, saves it after a spin.
There's a large sharp lump on the apex of that corner that had a bollard in it. The bollard is now gone so you can't see the lump on approach.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:28 (Ref:3689331)   #89
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
There's a large sharp lump on the apex of that corner that had a bollard in it. The bollard is now gone so you can't see the lump on approach.
That was what caused Fassler's episode as well, right? I assume AMR would have told Lauda (and the others) about it by now.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3689332)   #90
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
One headlight not working on one of the SMP cars (#27). How many times have we seen that before in LMS?
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3689333)   #91
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
That was what caused Fassler's episode as well, right?
yes.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3689334)   #92
Artur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I don't watch it. Didn't he win the first few races, and last championship; or do I mix him up with someone else?
Basically, he almost lost it despite having easily the best car
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3689335)   #93
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Lotterer wants to leave Audi a parting gift it seems.

Edit - And Jarvis lets him past.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:31 (Ref:3689336)   #94
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Jarvis lets Lotterer by.

EDIT: What different driver strategies are they on (as per RLM)
8 went from Duval -> Jarvis
7 went from Fassler -> Lotterer

I can't see the difference (yet)?

EDIT2: Maybe indeed tyre worries?
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3689337)   #95
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
One headlight not working on one of the SMP cars (#27). How many times have we seen that before in ELMS?
Too often. Hope their 2018 LMP1-P will be a better build.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3689338)   #96
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did someone take notice of how many laps the Toyota put on their tires compared to Audi and Porsche?
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:38 (Ref:3689339)   #97
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Basically, he almost lost it despite having easily the best car
How can one have the best car in a spec racing series?
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:39 (Ref:3689340)   #98
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like this track. At least it's good "for the show", offering overtaking opportunities.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:39 (Ref:3689341)   #99
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
For the first time this season, I'm on a pretty weak internet downlink, so this is the first race I do not watch with 2+ onboards open along with the main feed. I gotta say, they could do more onboards on the main feed as well (if the 5 wasn't as close to the 1 as it is, there'd probably be even less)
Old 19 Nov 2016, 14:39 (Ref:3689342)   #100
Artur
Veteran

Toyota ain't slow, Buemi putting pressure back on Webber now

@chernaudi, if you wanna compare with speed trap, Toyota hit a max of 280kmh on the s/f straight