Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 1 Jun 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1316549)   #1
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
pilbeam buddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gurston news

forum very quiet what no one got any comments on weekend
team moose site update quite informative http://www.teammooseracing.com/
i thought trevor willis nearly in 27's with a 2 litre and will mason's times were worthy of a better write on top 12 comments ?
what about basil pitt upstaging gurston champion in last run off with stunning drive ?. when one reads the top 12 site reports i wonder wether i was at the same meeting as what i see and what is written seem to be completely different. comments ?
Old 1 Jun 2005, 14:08 (Ref:1316921)   #2
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's an enthusiastic description on top 12 of Junior's Predator but nothing about how it performed at Gurston. Is it anywhere near being sorted from what you saw at Gurston?
Old 1 Jun 2005, 14:35 (Ref:1316950)   #3
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistonbroke
There's an enthusiastic description on top 12 of Junior's Predator but nothing about how it performed at Gurston. Is it anywhere near being sorted from what you saw at Gurston?
To quote Junior directly on Sunday night "Well we came here with five problems, we're going home with two, so it's looking a lot better already".

I understand that the two problems are some kind of handling problem at the rear, which they are pretty confident the can sort. The other is an electronic earth problem throwing voltages out, I didn't really get a feel for how serious or difficult to solve it was.

However, the times throughout the weekend did start to improve in that ominous kind of way
Old 1 Jun 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1317187)   #4
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GWJ Car

It ain't quite sorted yet, but I did have the opportunity to stand behind it on the startline and video it as it wailed, screamed, wiggled and SHOT off down the hill. It was mind blowing! My legs were still shaking (literaly) a good few(!) minutes later.

Martin Goves was definately trying in the second run off as the car 'power slides' just out of Ashes corner. Basil Pitt came second to Willem Toet in the wheeling stakes. Willem had an onboard camera for both days and on Saturday he was keen to give it some more air for the camera over Deers Leap. On Sunday a less impressive wheelie at the same place caused a wire to fall of the ignition. The lift is hardly noticable from the onboard camera but is quite distinct from the outside. (Was it our fault?).

Mike Dean was going to run a camera onboard, but wimped out with an excuse about getting serious. He came 2nd twice in the run offs, his best to date. So maybe he was right. The future certainly has a hint of orange, a shade of yellow with a bit of white, and gunmetal silver and red cars look interesting.

I could imagine a yellow car with a hint of black making a record! or maybe an orangy one or silver and red, maybe a blue one, or just a V8 or 10 in RED.

Someone said this weekend "I just want my Shelsley record back". The current long playing record holder wants to make a shorter version, at around 23.

Richard
Old 1 Jun 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1317211)   #5
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb666
Someone said this weekend "I just want my Shelsley record back". The current long playing record holder wants to make a shorter version, at around 23.
Scary thought. I remember his 'earthing' problem last time, which involved lots of real earth!

Can't wait.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1317235)   #6
mcb666
Racer

and a fag.....

shall I post a little picture?
Old 1 Jun 2005, 19:29 (Ref:1317264)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aargh, no, don't bring back that memory. Although ny Avatar shows the aftermath! Anyway, we're wandering of the topic. How was Gurston? Willem was discussing the effect of crosswinds picking up the car and putting it down in a different place across the finish line... Made of stern stuff these drivers.
Old 1 Jun 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1317348)   #8
mcb666
Racer

Earth problem

Ah ha, you let it slip. I was almost sure some of them were aliens, sent here on a mission to discover how fast a vehicle can travel down a country lanes width of tarmac. The cars must feel really tame compared to an X-Fighter.

Where do each of the drivers come from?

McB

Last edited by mcb666; 1 Jun 2005 at 20:42. Reason: Spllliingg
Old 6 Jun 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1321208)   #9
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTW - how was the streetluge demo at Gurston after racing?
Old 6 Jun 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1321862)   #10
RED21
Rookie

RED21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
How was Gurston? Willem was discussing the effect of crosswinds picking up the car and putting it down in a different place across the finish line... Made of stern stuff these drivers.
I can relate to what Willem had to say about the cross winds, even I felt it in my slab sided heavy weight.
As for news from Gurston, it does seem to be very thin on the ground with no mention in any of the local rags or descent size reports in the dedicated press.