Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 May 2009, 02:43 (Ref:2468555)   #101
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great comeback by Ferrari and good to see Kimi really trying hard! Still more domination by the Brawns, I agree with you jab it seems they have a mortgage on the title already, they will have to lose it from here. Vettel seemed slow in the first stint before his crash, while Webber had a good race although from the BBC commentary his lap times where quite variable at times (lapped traffic?).
Old 26 May 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2469311)   #102
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
A great comeback by Ferrari and good to see Kimi really trying hard! Still more domination by the Brawns, I agree with you jab it seems they have a mortgage on the title already, they will have to lose it from here. Vettel seemed slow in the first stint before his crash, while Webber had a good race although from the BBC commentary his lap times where quite variable at times (lapped traffic?).

I agree, it is nice to see Kimi at it again.

But it was Monaco and is not the best yardstick to measure whether the improvements are that good.
As was said on the commentary, we'll have to wait till Turkey to see if it is true and not just the Monaco factor.

Barring their accidents, the same might be said for Maclaren. The cars do seem to have become a lot faster recently.
Old 26 May 2009, 11:32 (Ref:2469395)   #103
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCWB View Post
"Monaco baby, yeah". Was Austin Powers driving that Brawn today??
Jense is becoming a sort of charming cad like British racing drivers of old. It never ceases to amaze me how chilled-out he is on the grid. I thought he might get a bit more tense or 'focused' now he's at the sharp end, but if anything he's even more relaxed. Cracking gags...etc
Old 26 May 2009, 11:37 (Ref:2469398)   #104
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotusonpole View Post
Barring their accidents, the same might be said for Maclaren. The cars do seem to have become a lot faster recently.
Yes, Kovalainen put in a fine performance until he stacked it, which was a real shame for him and the team. Also, Hamilton was setting good times towards the end of the race.

They're getting closer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Jense is becoming a sort of charming cad like British racing drivers of old. It never ceases to amaze me how chilled-out he is on the grid. I thought he might get a bit more tense or 'focused' now he's at the sharp end, but if anything he's even more relaxed. Cracking gags...etc
Ha ha yes, he does seem to be getting a bit like that!! Kind of Graham Hill esque?

Mind you, the 'Yeah Baby' bit was a little cringeworthy imo, but not as bad as Rob Smedley's 'Felipe baby' in China!!!

Tags
formula 1, monaco