Don't be daft............... 2 6.06%
Don't know 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Sep 2001, 17:46 (Ref:147520)   #1
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Usa Gp

Do you think this race should go a head with all the problems in the States?
Old 17 Sep 2001, 17:50 (Ref:147521)   #2
Crash and Burn
Racer

I think it should - as other wise it is saying that the bad guys have won. Ok it might be bad in PA towards the States - but come on, they are screeming out for the Grand Prix to take place.... But still rumours have it, it will not take place and some drivers don't want to go. What do you all think???????????????????????
Old 17 Sep 2001, 18:20 (Ref:147536)   #3
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I like the idea that was mentioned on f1i.com. They said that the US GP could be dropped, and, 2 weeks after Suzuka, there would be a Grand Prix at Jerez.

Jerez; Jerez; Jerez!!!
Old 17 Sep 2001, 20:07 (Ref:147572)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently this has nothing to do with fear or bravery or Showing the Flag - it has to do with security. From what I have read and been told, the only x-ray machines big enough to x-ray the containers the F1 teams use are in Luxemborg and Amsterdam. This means that everything has to be trucked to one of those countries and examined, then flown to Indianapolis. It also means all the crew people have to go to one of those places and then return to their homes and then fly to Indianapolis ... or possibly even to Toronto as the staging area while they clear the decks in Indy.

It might take longer than 2 weeks to do all this. And then they'd still have to get home.
Old 17 Sep 2001, 20:38 (Ref:147587)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Apparently this has nothing to do with fear or bravery or Showing the Flag - it has to do with security. From what I have read and been told, the only x-ray machines big enough to x-ray the containers the F1 teams use are in Luxemborg and Amsterdam. This means that everything has to be trucked to one of those countries and examined, then flown to Indianapolis. It also means all the crew people have to go to one of those places and then return to their homes and then fly to Indianapolis ... or possibly even to Toronto as the staging area while they clear the decks in Indy.

It might take longer than 2 weeks to do all this. And then they'd still have to get home.

You are right Liz.It's more of a logistical problem for the teams to get all the gear there on time.

Regards....Jeremy
Old 17 Sep 2001, 20:50 (Ref:147598)   #6
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Postponing/Cancelling U.S. GP

Based on other polls already take, the result will be a substantial majority favoring going ahead with the event. I am starting to get tired of explaining, but cancellation of events such as this is playing into the terrorist's hands. F-1 should make every reasonable effort to hold the event. If they are dissatisfied with the security arrangements on the one hand, or unable to comply with the new ones for air cargo on the other then they will have to do what they think is right or practical and we Americans must accept that. I personally would not hesitate for a minute to attend the event if it is held. The risk is no higher today than it was a week ago.
Old 17 Sep 2001, 21:01 (Ref:147603)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
At the moment I'm undecided. Right now I would say go ahead with it, but as Liz said there are huge logistical problems with flying the cars and all the equipment out to America. I also think it depends on what sort of reaction the US has to last week's attacks...in the next week the situation could change, so it's a case of "wait and see", really. There are various people who have expressed concerns about racing there - TGF, Ralf, Ron Dennis and DC have all said they're unsure about going to America.
Old 17 Sep 2001, 22:04 (Ref:147637)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it should. But still is too early to say if it will...
Old 18 Sep 2001, 01:53 (Ref:147709)   #9
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
US GP is my favorite in the calendar, but i really don't know if it should push thru (as of now), the US ATTACK is such a big blow not only to the US people, but to the whole world. Well if the MAJOR LEAGUE is already playing, I guess the US GP must follow too

peace to everyone!
Old 18 Sep 2001, 18:13 (Ref:147972)   #10
Crash and Burn
Racer

The latest from most camps is that this Grand Prix will be going a head. Some teams are already starting to get things ready to ship out.
We all hope it goes through as nothing can be better to watch than F1 cars slip streaming each other around the bank corner like they did last time. What a site - sorry Indy you don't give any competition.

Come on USA........... I'll be there glued to the TV....
Old 19 Sep 2001, 00:58 (Ref:148145)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with everyone else. Simply, the race should go ahead.