Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 4 Jun 2014, 15:04 (Ref:3415264)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
World Rallycross R3 - Hell, Norway

Entry list for Hell now up:

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/W...%20list%20.pdf

38 Supercars
17 Touring Cars
22 Super 1600

Decent numbers in the Supercars again: two EKS cars entered, the European rallycross debut of Ken Block and some local interest. Should be a good one.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 15:11 (Ref:3415266)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Yep, good looking entry numbers and it'll be interesting to see how Block stacks up against the rest.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3415323)   #3
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Nottveit back.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3415340)   #4
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie View Post
Good to see Nottveit back.
Yep good too see him back! In a C30? Intrigued ! Could it be the Svein Roger Andersson car?

Jacques and Blockhead will be left out in the cold,
Audi A1's car of the year me thinks if they keep performing well the Audi could be a dominant force in the Erc then they will all scamper for one.
When does the A3 of Munnich appear still wanting to see this car and how it will perform. Sadly overshadowed by the A1's
Old 4 Jun 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3415383)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Jacques and Blockhead will be left out in the cold,
Agreed - I can't see either of them qualifying for the semi-finals much less the finals.

Quote:
Audi A1's car of the year me thinks if they keep performing well the Audi could be a dominant force in the Erc then they will all scamper for one.
When does the A3 of Munnich appear still wanting to see this car and how it will perform. Sadly overshadowed by the A1's
The A1 looked very impressive but hopefully we'll keep some diversity in the Supercar class. I thought Munnich was supposed to be doing the whole year in the A3 - has it been seen anywhere on track yet?
Old 4 Jun 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3415401)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Agreed - I can't see either of them qualifying for the semi-finals much less the finals.

The A1 looked very impressive but hopefully we'll keep some diversity in the Supercar class. I thought Munnich was supposed to be doing the whole year in the A3 - has it been seen anywhere on track yet?
WTCC with a Chevrolet. His team is running a 2nd Chevrolet for Morbidelli.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 19:56 (Ref:3415425)   #7
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From his team I understood that Münnich is doing WRX soon. There is only one remaining WTCC race clashing with WRX Turckey.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 08:03 (Ref:3415612)   #8
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche
Jacques and Blockhead will be left out in the cold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I don't think Block making the semi finals is beyond the realms of possibility. His Fiesta seems pretty competitive (when its the right way up) and, statistically, he was one of the quickest driver in the GRC last year: its just whether he can translate that pace into some decent heat finishes.

Definitely agree with regards to Villeneuve though. After his performance in Portugal I'll be surprised if he cracks the top 20 in Hell.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 08:21 (Ref:3415618)   #9
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Ken Block is a faster driver than many may think.
For GRC I rate him in the Top 3, for Norway I would not be surprised to see him in the Semi-Finals.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3415669)   #10
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Block is defenitly i driver who can make it to the semi's

I agree witg Eddi.
Also about Munnich.
He is testing a lot with his RX car. Plenty of photo's and video from his last test in Sedlcany on Facebook!
I expect him from Finland (mandy in skoda S1600) and only mis Turkey. And will do full season (tought even with 2nd or 3th car) in WRX
Old 5 Jun 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3415680)   #11
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mattias Ekstrom's EKS RX team and its Audi Supercars will make their World Rallycross Championship debut in the this round at Hell in Norway
Old 5 Jun 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3415804)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Any photos of the Ekstrom Audi S1?
Old 10 Jun 2014, 15:09 (Ref:3418173)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
David Coulthard in attendance at Hell as a brand ambassador for Cooper Tires:

http://www.rallycrossrx.com/article/...ard-coming-to-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulthard RallycrossRX Interview
I might not be getting behind the wheel on this occasion but I’m certainly not ruling that out for the future and I’d like to get stuck into the weekend in Norway in some fashion, so we’ll see what happens. Maybe this is the perfect opportunity for me to scout it all out.
New Petter Solberg blog up on ERC24 as well:

http://erc24.com/archives/18361

Another race where he was quick last year but suffered a mechanical failure: fingers crossed he has a good weekend in Hell.
Old 10 Jun 2014, 18:54 (Ref:3418281)   #14
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yep good too see him back! In a C30? Intrigued ! Could it be the Svein Roger Andersson car?
I think he will drive "Donna", Holte's Volvo.
Old 11 Jun 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3418463)   #15
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a livestream this weekend from Hell? Can see no live coverage on British Eurosport??? Just highlights on Sunday evening
Old 14 Jun 2014, 10:30 (Ref:3420261)   #16
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby View Post
Is there a livestream this weekend from Hell? Can see no live coverage on British Eurosport??? Just highlights on Sunday evening
There's a link to the live stream on ERC24 (tomorrow only). Not sure if it will work in the UK, seems unlikely given previous restrictions.
Old 15 Jun 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3422187)   #17
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great result for Nitiss, got to consider him as the real deal now. Seemed a bad call on Dorans joker.
Old 15 Jun 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3422228)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdick1977 View Post
Great result for Nitiss, got to consider him as the real deal now. Seemed a bad call on Dorans joker.
Flawless move from S1600 to SC.

Also good result of Block. He silenced all is critics.

What do we think of the EKS Audi? Don't like the rear wheel arches.

Ada Marie Hvaal is running Linnemanns old car?
Old 15 Jun 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3422242)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was a critic of Block and will eat humble here.

He was very good at a track he didn't know at all, OK he has some seat time in that car, but still.

Nitiss was superb, really laughed at the Disney Drink stuff at the end, made me crack up!

Thought Henning was a bit rough on Hansen and Bakkerud was a bit OTT, but superb from most there.

My only crit is the tv guys getting a bit F1 and GP and showing pits and crowd in the middle of races, showing Pinomaki on a radio as people are passing each other is poor.

Seems tv directors these days want to make everything they touch about reaction not the core subject, rallyross isn't long enough to do that, let's hope they learn.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 07:52 (Ref:3422418)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I was a critic of Block and will eat humble here.
Agree - he did far better than I thought he would. Credit where it's due.

I've not seen any of the coverage yet, I'll have to see if I can dig some out.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 08:51 (Ref:3422444)   #21
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Ken Block is a faster driver than many may think.
For GRC I rate him in the Top 3, for Norway I would not be surprised to see him in the Semi-Finals.
Wow, even in the Final and on the rostrum... Better than I actually guessed!
Old 16 Jun 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3422460)   #22
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Wow, even in the Final and on the rostrum... Better than I actually guessed!
Yep, well played
Old 16 Jun 2014, 10:15 (Ref:3422504)   #23
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Annoyingly I couldn't get any internet at Le Mans, so just catching up on the rallycross now. Chuffed to see that Block delivered, thought he had the pace!

Sounds like quite a performance from Nitiss, OMSE certainly seem to be shaping up to be the team to beat this year. Brilliant to see another podium for Solberg, I hope he can continue this form for the rest of the season.

Looks like a more successful weekend for the LDM and Hansen cars as well.

Just noticed that the Livestream doesn't seem to be region locked? Will be watching that later!
Old 16 Jun 2014, 17:35 (Ref:3422686)   #24
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Just noticed that the Livestream doesn't seem to be region locked? Will be watching that later!
Nope
Quote:
Sorry, this event is
not available in your area

The owner of this event has chosen to block certain areas of the world.
Unfortunately your area didn't make the cut.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3422714)   #25
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else notice Block's car was a lot more brutal than the Works Fiesta's. Noisier and a lot more backfiring and flames. Is this down to his driving style ?