Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 14 Oct 2002, 03:36 (Ref:403394)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Colin McRae 3

I'm really looking forward to this game. I loved the 1st 2, and its on a short list of games that I will buy without needing a review.

But, I'm itching for some info. Reviews, release dates, whatever. I need something. Can anyone help?
Old 14 Oct 2002, 15:18 (Ref:403922)   #2
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think its out on PS2 23rd of October. I have not seen better graphics on any console or PC, EVER, even better than GT3. The weather effects have to be seen to be believed.

Plus you get to drive an RS200 and all the great old Ford rally cars.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 23:00 (Ref:404333)   #3
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hehehe all this Ford promotion just after he's announced he'll be going to Citroen next year!!!
Old 15 Oct 2002, 14:17 (Ref:404914)   #4
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The PC version looks MIIIIILES better. Can't wait till chrimbo when I can slot it into the wondermachine I have at home!! YAY!!
Old 15 Oct 2002, 17:40 (Ref:405064)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
The PC version looks MIIIIILES better. Can't wait till chrimbo when I can slot it into the wondermachine I have at home!! YAY!!
All versions look almost identical.

Plus the PS2 costs £120 and can be run on a 32inch widescreen tv with suroundsound. PC would cost at least £600 with all the inherent limitations.

I would sooner have a console for 3 or 4 years (in which time PCs graphics gradually catch up and eventually overtake the consoles graphics) and then buy the next gen PS2/Xbox2 etc. which will have graphics that the PC will not be able to match for at least 2 years and at great cost.

Even a PC with an amazing spec very rarely has games that match the best graphics on a console due to the PC game having to also be run on much lower spec machines.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 15:38 (Ref:405810)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Well, not for I. I already have dolby 5.1 and a PC that can cak all over an Xbox graphically. Hence why "CM3 looks miles better on the PC"!!
Old 16 Oct 2002, 16:55 (Ref:405886)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
Well, not for I. I already have dolby 5.1 and a PC that can cak all over an Xbox graphically. Hence why "CM3 looks miles better on the PC"!!
'IF' the game was designed for your spec PC. Unfortunately it is designed for a wide range of PCs and so does not take full advantage of your PCs power, unlike a game designed for a specific console.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 22:55 (Ref:406126)   #8
Tristan
Veteran

Granted, but have you SEEN the screenies?? An underwear change was required.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 23:18 (Ref:406150)   #9
JAG
Veteran

England
Yeah and I've seen it running on PS2 and they are, in my opinion, identical. PC games tend to look better in screenshots due to less jagie graphics but when you see games running they look identical.
Old 17 Oct 2002, 16:38 (Ref:406599)   #10
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with JAG. This is especially true when the game was designed for PS2 first and foremost.
Old 20 Oct 2002, 04:16 (Ref:408310)   #11
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While initially being a console gamer, I was lured to PC games because of all the third party work available. While the PS2 is a great machine no doubt, the games are limited to what you buy. With a PC game however the sky can really be the limit. I bought a game like SCGT for $10 and a few downloads later I'm racing an Audi R8 around Lemans. Or maybe for a real sim experience you can get GPL and drive a beatiful circuit like Mont.Tremblant in Quebec, something you would be hard pressed to find in any generic release.
As for Colin Mcrae 2, well they didn't have the latest Subaru so thanks to some very skilled people, I now have the lastest car.
So when CM3 comes out and they aren't quite up to date, at least I will be.
Attached Thumbnails
wrx.jpg  
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 20 Oct 2002, 19:08 (Ref:408773)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
But CM3 is far better than CM2 in more ways than better graphics and the latest cars.

Upgrading cars etc. on PCs is the best thing about PCs in my opinion but when the HD/online option is available for the PS2 early next year, hopefully these kind of upgrades will be avaialbe. GT4 and Auto Modelista are being designed to allow new cars/tracks to be available online from the developers.

Last edited by JAG; 20 Oct 2002 at 19:11.