Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 3 Jul 2006, 00:43 (Ref:1646913)   #1
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to USAC and others at the USGP

Jo and I would like to take this chance to thank everyone on this forum (and those who are not) for a fantastic welcome and a superbly run meeting. Great weather, good racing, superb location and a bunch of true "professionals" to work with.
OK, the race was slightly spoilt with so many cars out at Turn 2 but it still did not ruin our experience.

I can't mention everyone here but, special thx must go to Kathy, Randy and Sandy for their sterling efforts at keeping their calm whilst many others around were not.

but we have to mention our crew at Turn 6:

Doug (Corner Captain), Sue, Todd, Eric, Kevin and Jay(Fire). Thx guys, you really made our weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Turn 6 Crew.jpg  
Old 3 Jul 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1647440)   #2
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Glad you had a good time here in "the Colonies".

Are you interested in coming back at the end of JAN for the Rolex 24 or mid March for the Sebring 12hr?

I can guarantee that things will be quite `busy', all the time.

PM for details.

Old 3 Jul 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1647504)   #3
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad I finally got to meet you and Jo in person. Sorry about the melee at 2, but I had to cause something to happen while I was there so I could finally play with race cars instead of my scooter.

And Juan thought it was Kimi's doing! Don't tell.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 00:29 (Ref:1647671)   #4
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflagger
Glad I finally got to meet you and Jo in person. Sorry about the melee at 2, but I had to cause something to happen while I was there so I could finally play with race cars instead of my scooter
and just think how many people you could have given a ride to........ if only..........????
Old 4 Jul 2006, 00:41 (Ref:1647675)   #5
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Hill
and just think how many people you could have given a ride to........ if only..........????
and finally I get to attach the picture!!
Attached Thumbnails
Sector 1.jpg  
Old 4 Jul 2006, 08:02 (Ref:1647790)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Did u guys run into Fi and Mattie? Well not literally.... we thought Fi was on the first corner?
Old 4 Jul 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1647930)   #7
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Did u guys run into Fi and Mattie? Well not literally.... we thought Fi was on the first corner?
yes, we managed to get together at the worker's parties each night.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 14:42 (Ref:1648079)   #8
Fonzie
Subscriber
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Fonzie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I was on the first corner. The Stream team was hard at work all weekend picking up many broken cars and car parts and keeping the crowd entertained with mexican waves during the drivers parade.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 14:45 (Ref:1648082)   #9
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey, I recognize most of the people in the first pic, Stuart! I see Sue came all the way from Texas for the GP. Glad you had a good time.

BTW, are you planning to be at the Goodwood Revival in September? If so, watch your back. Blueflagger's thinking of coming out for that and she'll find some way to "thank" you for posting the second pic.

Cheers,
keke
Old 4 Jul 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1648116)   #10
blueflagger
Veteran

blueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridblueflagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Fi shared a ride to and from the track with us each day. We book our hotel rooms close together to make it easy. She's lovely. Ask her if her hand has recovered from all the waving yellow flags she had to display. BTW, she is now officially a Stream Team Mutant and has the shirt to prove it. So is Julian Gale.

Mattie worked at the other end of the track from my section so I didn't get to see much of him this year.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 15:49 (Ref:1648121)   #11
blueflagger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Hill
No rides, the new bikes couldn't accomodate a second person. Besides, I have a reputation for crashing the scooter. Even Ralf S probably wouldn't take a ride from me - and he has the same amount of experience as I do with crashing at Indy.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1648209)   #12
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice to see u hard at work blueflagger.Shame u and bob didnt do sebring this year i had a really good time on post 7.If u are coming to england how adout doing the britcar 24HR on the 8th to the 10th of september
Old 4 Jul 2006, 23:07 (Ref:1648505)   #13
blueflagger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
Yes I was on the first corner. The Stream team was hard at work all weekend picking up many broken cars and car parts and keeping the crowd entertained with mexican waves during the drivers parade.
Hey Fonzie, welcome to Ten-Tenths!
Old 4 Jul 2006, 23:10 (Ref:1648508)   #14
blueflagger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbean
nice to see u hard at work blueflagger.Shame u and bob didnt do sebring this year i had a really good time on post 7.If u are coming to england how adout doing the britcar 24HR on the 8th to the 10th of september
Yes, I really did work hard. Not Bob though. He spent raceday sitting on my pillow!

Doubt I can do Britcar as I think Bob must be at Rockingham that week. Would love to see you though. When are you going to come work the USGP?
Old 10 Jul 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1652708)   #15
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke
Hey, I recognize most of the people in the first pic, Stuart! I see Sue came all the way from Texas for the GP. Glad you had a good time.

BTW, are you planning to be at the Goodwood Revival in September? If so, watch your back. Blueflagger's thinking of coming out for that and she'll find some way to "thank" you for posting the second pic.

Cheers,
keke
Good Time doesn't really cover it. GREAT TIME would be closer!!

Revival: No, got other things planned but no worries, BF has already 'thanked' me for that pic.

and here's the proof as to just how 'Full' the scooter was!! Shannon rides again

let's just not try to mention her associates.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1652827)   #16
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflagger
Hey Fonzie, welcome to Ten-Tenths!
check her dates hon, she's actually been here longer than you. She's just a serial lurker!
Old 10 Jul 2006, 23:19 (Ref:1653029)   #17
blueflagger
Veteran

She did tell me that she shadow-dances the site, but I didn't see the join date. Arrrgh!

Hey Fi, I am now the proud wearer of a STM shirt too.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 23:21 (Ref:1653031)   #18
blueflagger
Veteran

I will get even with you for that Mr. Hill <evil laugh>.
Old 12 Jul 2006, 08:03 (Ref:1654182)   #19
Fonzie
Subscriber
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Fonzie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's great. So you're now an official Stream team member. You'd have to be after you and Dale helped us out with our turn one incident. The assistance was much appreciated.