Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jul 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2245840)   #1
bickers
Rookie

United Kingdom
sheffield
bickers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Parking fines at Silverstone!

Who else has recieved a parking fine?from looking round the car parks it seemed like an awfull lot did!I for one feel this takes the **** some what,if there were big signs warning us then fair enough,but no.When you have paid for your ticket to watch a pretty poor days racing action(don't get on my back, obviously the grand prix was fantastic but they need a load more support races)surely the least you would expect is to be able to park!Luckily I was a guest so didn't have to pay for a ticket but still I find it shocking that they have seemingly stitched so many people up!
Old 6 Jul 2008, 22:29 (Ref:2245852)   #2
Darren Holmes
Racer

England
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Darren Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
99% Sure that the info with the tickets points out that if you have not paid the £10 parking fee and got the sticker for your window you will be fined!

I dont agree with the charging to park, but if I've paid for it why should some freeloader get away with it!!
Old 6 Jul 2008, 23:53 (Ref:2245893)   #3
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If parking was free around the track during a GP weekend, that would attract a lot of cheapskates without ticket, hanging around just to see some of the action (or because its more exciting than sitting in your garden listening to the best songs of the 80's on your fav radio channel) They charge you for parking during a GP weekend at every track I know.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 01:50 (Ref:2245924)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Jeez, so you now have to pay for parking aswell?

What a swizz...

They charge you to park because they can, I mean what else is 99.9 percent of punters going to do? Teleport to the event? Do they charge the Helicopters to park too?

Why don't they charge you for breathing also, I think a fair price would be 5p per breath.

Last edited by Sodemo; 7 Jul 2008 at 01:54.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 07:22 (Ref:2246019)   #5
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the helicopters can park for free, but they have to pay to land.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2246034)   #6
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is only sensible to charge for parking. It will stimulate people to find different ways to come to the race (bicycle, public transport, carpooling), wich will make for parking- and trafficproblems anyway. If only they make sure that there are alternatives, and the collected money is used to lower entryprices or improve parkingfacilities.
Old 7 Jul 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2246085)   #7
tonful
Rookie

England
Enfield
tonful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the ticket information was very clear that if you didn't have a parking ticket you couldn't park at the circuit, and that you would be fined.

As a way of improving access to and from the track on raceday the amount of on circuit parking is restricted. Free park and ride is offered to those without a parking ticket.

I used the park and ride this year and would definately use it again. Overall I was very impressed with the access arrangements at silverstone, only took me 50 longer to get home than it would do for a normal event.

My only complaint would be that the £10 fine is less than the cost of the original parking ticket !?

Note that the parking ticket was only required on racedays not on Fri or Sat.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2251389)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 15 Jul 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2251444)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Just don't pay them, I think you'll find the contract is with the driver of the car not the owner so you don't name the driver.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 18:12 (Ref:2251463)   #10
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
from the Silverstone site for the 2009 GP

"Circuit Parking is available on Friday for £5, Saturday for £10 and Sunday for £20. Circuit Parking for all three days is available for £30. Free Park and Ride is available for all days."

Old 15 Jul 2008, 19:17 (Ref:2251510)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Just don't pay them, I think you'll find the contract is with the driver of the car not the owner so you don't name the driver.
Hopefully enough people will do this and they'll have to pay for some more security and checks of who actually has a parking pass. It'll be no bother as this cost will just be passsed on to those who pay for the parking.

brands, that is outrageous, free park and ride. Madness.
Old 16 Jul 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2251922)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
£20 to park your car

For goodness sake on't they make enough money out of you lot as it is, simply unbelievable really that anyone will even consider this unless they ahve a genuine disability or something!
Old 17 Jul 2008, 03:33 (Ref:2252363)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes a mental disability...
Old 17 Jul 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2252781)   #14
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really does contrast with my recent visit to the Indianapolis 500. $15 to park near but outside the circuit and $80.00 for one of the best grandstand seats in the place. Great show as well.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 19:45 (Ref:2252866)   #15
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Complete rip off, got its from the budget airlines, "cheap" (haha) to go in, pay for all the extras.
Probably has to pay for a p*ss next year.