Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 13 Sep 2014, 19:10 (Ref:3452983)   #2301
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Ed Carpenter Racing won three races this season, so hopefully that will keep Fuzzy happy but whether that extends to the FH part of CFH I don't know.
I must say I hope for 3 cars from CFH in 2015: the #20 Fuzzy's, the #67 and the #21. However, I don't expect the team to add any more at Indy.

I hope Mike Conway will be available for the #20 again. If not, I'm pretty sure former Ganassi driver Giorgio Pantano would do a great job on the road and street courses.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3453265)   #2302
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But I don't think Pantano is still on the IndyCar team's radar...
Old 15 Sep 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3453487)   #2303
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I look forward to seeing the newest body kit pictures.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3453629)   #2304
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://racer.com/indycar/item/108632...ckpit-canopies
Old 15 Sep 2014, 19:02 (Ref:3453636)   #2305
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only a matter of time. I suspect the new car in 18 will have them for sure, just a question of if they will retrofit the current car.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 19:25 (Ref:3453645)   #2306
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Only a matter of time. I suspect the new car in 18 will have them for sure, just a question of if they will retrofit the current car.
In that article Derrick Walker says, ''but if you were looking at that design of the 2018 car, you would see that it has a partial canopy'' it sounds as if it is a given and makes one wonder what else in the 2018 car is a given.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 13:19 (Ref:3453925)   #2307
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'd certainly be in favour of some sort of arrangement where the cockpit wasn't completely enclosed.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3453989)   #2308
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't mind canopies, it just depends on the design. That famous Ferrari F1 render looks amazing.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 02:54 (Ref:3454169)   #2309
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Aleshin out of hospital.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115897
Old 17 Sep 2014, 07:33 (Ref:3454229)   #2310
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pagenaud to Penske, Ganassi or Andretti?

http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/...naud-to-penske
Old 17 Sep 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3454411)   #2311
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
CFH to use Chevy engines.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115914
Old 17 Sep 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3454504)   #2312
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Chevy will supply Penske, Ganassi, KV and now Carp Fisher.

Honda only has Andretti and Schmidt, the rest are weak teams.
Old 19 Sep 2014, 09:18 (Ref:3454948)   #2313
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Honda should boost their efforts on Andretti and co. for next year as I look in 2015... I feel that Chevrolet will dominate again in the Manufacturer title.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3458307)   #2314
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda now has a bigger fish to fry (it's called F1 :-)

I remember that someone from Honda said that their goal number one is to win Indy 500. By this metric, they're not doing too bad: 2 out of 3 Indy wins since the introduction of V6 engines. Certainly, the reduced number of Honda powered cars on the grid is a cause for concern. However, Andretti is still a solid team. I expect them to accomplish something special, as usual.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3458561)   #2315
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gabby Chaves tweeted a pic of his seat fitting for an upcoming test with Scmitdt/Peterson Motorsports.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3458585)   #2316
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pageanaud to Penske, it's officially official. In a fourth car.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3458586)   #2317
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What a freaking dream team!

Castroneves, Power, Monty and now Pagenaud!

Would have hoped for Hawksworth though, or Bourdais for that matter!
Old 29 Sep 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3458594)   #2318
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic, so we will have more than 22 cars as this season!
Old 29 Sep 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3458596)   #2319
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow, I did not expect Pagenaud to ditch Honda after their long relationship together.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 15:11 (Ref:3458605)   #2320
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Wow, I did not expect Pagenaud to ditch Honda after their long relationship together.
Not wanting to be too cynical but Penske must have a bigger budget than Sam Schmidt, hence the fourth car and pay Pagenaud that bit more.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3458622)   #2321
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Neither did I.

I'm worried that Honda has less top drivers each season.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 16:34 (Ref:3458631)   #2322
Bobby_status
Racer

Bobby_status should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
Honda now has a bigger fish to fry (it's called F1 :-)

I remember that someone from Honda said that their goal number one is to win Indy 500. By this metric, they're not doing too bad: 2 out of 3 Indy wins since the introduction of V6 engines. Certainly, the reduced number of Honda powered cars on the grid is a cause for concern. However, Andretti is still a solid team. I expect them to accomplish something special, as usual.
HPD and Honda Racing are two separate companies. HPD is funded exclusively by Honda NA. While Honda Racing is by Honda Co. The biggest difference between the two are the budgets. Honda Racing spend hundreds of millions on R&D. Imagine HPD had the same budget for INDYCAR.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 17:51 (Ref:3458653)   #2323
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_status View Post
HPD and Honda Racing are two separate companies. HPD is funded exclusively by Honda NA. While Honda Racing is by Honda Co. The biggest difference between the two are the budgets. Honda Racing spend hundreds of millions on R&D. Imagine HPD had the same budget for INDYCAR.
Honda Performance Development, or HPD, is involved in IndyCar and the WEC. Its parent company is American Honda Motor Company, Inc., which in turn is the North American subsidiary of the Honda Motor Company, Ltd., whose hq is in Tokyo.

Honda Racing Corporation, or HRC, is involved in motorcycle racing and was setup in 1982. It's parent company is also Honda Motor Company, Ltd.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 29 Sep 2014 at 18:00.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3458676)   #2324
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know that it's been posted on here beforehand, but I'm still surprised to see a 4th Penske. I get the feeling it'll just be for one year though due to Castroneves and Montoya's ages.

Best of luck to him though. I hope that Schmidt manages to sign another good driver.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3458687)   #2325
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
is car #4 available? It was not used in 2013 IIRC.

If so, Roger can have #1, #2, #3 and #4 next year.