Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 2 May 2005, 17:40 (Ref:1291574)   #1
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rallycross superseries at Croft

Well just got back after an excellent days action through all the classes which I used to think the Minicross was boring at one point but todays action has changed my mind.

The organisers put on an excellent event even with the supposed European entries not coming over I feel the event was a success with over 80 entries and it all ran like clockwork.

That 206 of Bellerby's is one awesome piece of kit and The Clio's looked good also.

Congrats to Steve Hill who's Evo 3 wasnt that far off the pace and provided good racing right upto the final.

I was sorry not to meet a few people I was supposed to but was spending a lot of the day enjoying the racing and the sun.

Finally a very well done to Darlington and DMC and the Rallycross superseries for making this event run without any problems and to the marshalls for making sure the cars that had gone off where recovered so quick
Old 2 May 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1291586)   #2
M.Lowe
Veteran

Old 2 May 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1291589)   #3
fullcircle
Racer

fullcircle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got any results yet?
Old 2 May 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1291674)   #4
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1.) Carnegie
2.) Bell
3.) Grant

From what im told

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 3 May 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1291817)   #5
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Div 1
Dermot Carnegie
Tony Bell
Andy Grant

Div 1a
Darren Gass
Paul Wakeling
Jason Pritchard

Super National

Mike Turpin
Des Wheatley
David Binks

Juniors

Andrew Jordan
Ashley Simpson
Robert Gaffney

Stock Hatch

Julian Godfrey
Richard Horton
Steve Heppenstall

Minicross

Daniel Ballister
Neil Wade
Rod Stanniland

As posted on the RSS website under the news section
Old 3 May 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1291893)   #6
richorton
Racer

richorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well the old puggy did me proud yesterday and am still on cloud nine Well what a day i had ,first heats 611 held me up most of the way ,after a few little taps to his rear bumper to say move over i want to come through ,611 still held me up so i made a brave move which didnt work and i ended up hittin the tyre wall and becoming a stuntman on two wheels and ruinin my time in the first heat. heat 2 the car gave me more trouble ,i kept getting fifth instead of third on the loose gravel bits ,I think me better sort this problem out it seams to keep happing on me heat three the exhaust fell off at the back so i dragged it round the track for three laps now the the A final ,I sat there waiting to line up and guess what it rained GREAT not what i needed ,never raced in the rain so now i was really nervous after a good start and a lot of pressure from steve heppy who was wright behind me pushing me really hard i brought the old 205 home in second
cheers steve mr smooth for a great race its time now to crash on with the new 205 and see if i can have it done in time for knock hill at the end of may ,fingers crossed one last bit of news the new 205 will be joinin the addlington caravan team after a little chat with ian who runs addlington caravans cheers ian
Old 3 May 2005, 12:40 (Ref:1292003)   #7
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a
Old 3 May 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1292005)   #8
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
had a good days racing in the Audi won my first heat and was third fastest overall , but then it went slowly downhill . Had a very exciting race with Mike Howlin in second heat which unfortunatly ended in us both spinning out. Then the third heat happened , after fending off a very spirited challenge from Alan Tapscott for the lead , at the end of the back straight on the last lap a little puff of blue smoke and its all over . Result being no crompession and a very sick engine ! lets burn some more midnight oil and will hopefully be at Knockhill .Who says you need to spend £60k to be on the pace in the supermodified class !!!!!

If anybody has any good luck spare lying around which they are willing to part with will take it off your hands for a reasonable price
Old 3 May 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1292011)   #9
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfvanman
had a good days racing in the Audi won my first heat and was third fastest overall , but then it went slowly downhill . Had a very exciting race with Mike Howlin in second heat which unfortunatly ended in us both spinning out. Then the third heat happened , after fending off a very spirited challenge from Alan Tapscott for the lead , at the end of the back straight on the last lap a little puff of blue smoke and its all over . Result being no crompession and a very sick engine ! lets burn some more midnight oil and will hopefully be at Knockhill .Who says you need to spend £60k to be on the pace in the supermodified class !!!!!

If anybody has any good luck spare lying around which they are willing to part with will take it off your hands for a reasonable price
sorry all out of luck !

Seems like everyone had a good day !

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 3 May 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1292031)   #10
DonaldKerr
Rookie

DonaldKerr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alick Kerr - Roll during Junior Practice

Did anyone get any pictures of Alick rolling during the junior practice?
Old 3 May 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1292070)   #11
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
http://www.rallyxpics.com/venues.php...95f18ece5c3792

went to check if keith was at it.

however entrylist :S

I Presume he was there

Old 3 May 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1292078)   #12
DonaldKerr
Rookie

I'll email Keith and ask him. Thanks.
Old 3 May 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1292086)   #13
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
AndyMil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by richorton
i ended up hittin the tyre wall and becoming a stuntman on two wheels
Don't know how you managed to stay the right way up, we were at the marshals post just before the tyres and were all ready to come to your aid as we thought it was going over, great recovery or was it just luck.

Great day of racing and the rain came and made things even more interesting at the end, at least it kept the dust down.
Old 3 May 2005, 15:27 (Ref:1292096)   #14
DonaldKerr
Rookie

Unfortunately I missed it as I was watching from halfway up the paddock. It would be a great photo if someone was lucky enough to catch it. The only reason he couldn't drive off was that there were stones holding the throttle cable closed otherwise there would have been no need for the red flag!
Old 3 May 2005, 16:18 (Ref:1292140)   #15
richorton
Racer

richorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMil
Don't know how you managed to stay the right way up, we were at the marshals post just before the tyres and were all ready to come to your aid as we thought it was going over, great recovery or was it just luck.

Great day of racing and the rain came and made things even more interesting at the end, at least it kept the dust down.

no luck there just good driving i went to the school of russ swift
thought it was going over my self ,i just hung on to the wheel and kept the loud peddle wide open ,8500 rpm and valves bouncing .when the car came back on four wheels i thought id snapped a shaft but the old girl started to move so off we went again only to catch up to 611 again .
Old 3 May 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1292262)   #16
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where do I start...

Well firstly congrats to ric horton for coming second in the stock hatch A final and winning the first first trophy for the hortonracing team.

Well I certainly a busy day to say the least and I think that all the other competitors, circuit staff and spectators will now know what my metro gti looks like. In the end I made 8 trips out onto the track during the day between the 2 classes.

The morning got of to a real flyer with a heat 1 win, but the afternoon qualifing turned out to be a different story with some very dusty midfield battles. I have to hold my hand up to dave ewin who during the 3rd heat I "rubbed" fairly hard after making a move down the inside of him into the first corner and out braking myself, sorry dave

After qualifying for the back row of the A final the heavens decided to open up just before the race. Great! I managed to climb upto about 5th position before chucking it into the kitty litter when ploughing the first corner and clipping the curb on the inside. mental note "when it's wet, don't touch the curbs"

Division 1a was just for a bit of fun and never expected to push any of them home for the win, but i did have some of them off the line though

Now it's time to straighten the panels and solve the cooling problem the car has before knockhill

si
Old 3 May 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1292279)   #17
M.Lowe
Veteran

Excellent pics here on http://www.ianhardy.net/gallery/rss_...masters?page=1
Old 3 May 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1292288)   #18
M.Lowe
Veteran

Excellent bit of construction there and the car went well
But where's the CD palyer Mike
Old 3 May 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1292323)   #19
M.Lowe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe
Excellent bit of construction there and the car went well
But where's the CD palyer Mike
I meant to say Player
Silly A**e
Old 3 May 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1292466)   #20
mitchymitch
Rookie

mitchymitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could someone please put my mind at rest. i was sitting in the grandstand and thought i heard that dermot jumped the start and received a 3 sec. penalty. If this is true and from where i was sitting i'm sure that tony bell wasn't more than 3 secs behind him at the finish, he drove out of his skin to catch him, maybe something gone wrong with dermots car i'm not sure and may have been a different race if the other two main rivals hadn't spun off, but hey thats rallycross. I have to say that all the finals were fantastic and entertaining. Well done to all especially the Ferryhill lad!!!!!!!!!! (biased.............not at all).
Old 4 May 2005, 11:06 (Ref:1292729)   #21
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody else got any pictures from the action on monday?
We will have later in the week when our team photographer (my dad ) gets back from business.

si
Old 4 May 2005, 12:36 (Ref:1292812)   #22
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting to see the ex-Justin Dale/James Thompson Peugeot 106 Maxi rally car out there.
Old 4 May 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1292823)   #23
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
I had wonderd where it had gone, it was for sale for ages off pug sport uk. Great to see more modern machinery in the series!

Old 4 May 2005, 17:30 (Ref:1293012)   #24
RoyG
Racer

RoyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sihorton
Anybody else got any pictures from the action on monday?
si
Here's a few - they're high res.

bellerby
carnegie
chicken
dixon
hill & bell
jordan
mini mayhem 1
mini mayhem 2
sellar
Stock Hatch 1