Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:40 (Ref:719858)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, I would never give up my unstinting dedication to the Debora cause......
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:47 (Ref:719872)   #52
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about a Debora with an Audi Engine now that would be nice to see wouldn't it.......
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:52 (Ref:719885)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or an Audi with a Debora engine - even better.....
Old 15 Sep 2003, 21:13 (Ref:720056)   #54
o_keeler
Rookie

o_keeler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i was nearly run over by johnny herbert on a scooter in the pit lane at snetterton, just before dindo capello nearly ran me over in a bentley!
Old 16 Sep 2003, 14:19 (Ref:720777)   #55
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can go one better than that - I was nearly run over by Derek Bell in a Bentley (the brand spanking new one) just before last year's Le Mans.
Old 16 Sep 2003, 15:36 (Ref:720870)   #56
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Woh. Aysedasi and Fab are the only mods in this forum.

I just hang around a bit. Far less then I would like, but the odd TGF comment tends to keep me busy.

The success of this forum is totally down to Aysedasi, Fab, all the members and, of course, the great racing that brings us here.

Well done you two!
How confusing ! Shame on me to still have a so bad english... As Ayse, I think that the success of the sportscars forum is due to the enthousiasm of the members, of the respect between them, and the passion that makes us move (and maybe those great rendez-vous we have along the year : Sebring, Daytona, Spa, Le Mans...) ; thezre's not this repetitive thing we could feel in other categories... I was thinking this week about the fact that we are abale, for the Le Mans fans, to wait 363 days for 2 days of races, and that the passion doesn't disapear during the rst of the year... I got three models by mail today (due to a subscription) : the 78' Renault, the 91' Mazda, and the 01' Gulf Audi... you bet I'm gonna have a good evening !

Thank you all !
Old 16 Sep 2003, 15:39 (Ref:720873)   #57
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
i retract it all...besides we have our own comedy villian.

the bmw m3...
You forgot the... DEBORA !
Old 16 Sep 2003, 15:44 (Ref:720877)   #58
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by PascaLM
(* 72: la Sarthe ! )
Sorry, you moved to 74, Haute-Savoie...
Old 16 Sep 2003, 15:49 (Ref:720882)   #59
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
I actually got to meet some of my friends from the forum for a damp glass of wine in the Village.
I have to admit that it was a special moment for me too, very very special... there will be more, friends !

Quote:
So thanks to everyone at ten-tenths and especially Ayse and Fab.

can't wait for next meeting !
Old 16 Sep 2003, 16:46 (Ref:720941)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Too right!
Old 16 Sep 2003, 17:15 (Ref:720967)   #61
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: The most popular racing ten-tenths forum...

Quote:
... not including the F1 forum of course.
Allon, I note that you posted "The most popular racing ten-tenths forum."

Was the "non-F1" qualifier even necessary? I thought that was just a circus designed to sell cigarettes?

... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 Sep 2003, 17:17 (Ref:720971)   #62
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i thought it was somewhere for ITV to advertise champions league football..?
Old 17 Sep 2003, 00:26 (Ref:721327)   #63
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Nearly run over story: Danny Ongais returning the Porsche 935 to garage area during practice for 1979 Daytona 24 Hours (the year he won in the Interscope 935). He came howling into the pits and took the turn through the pit wall and back towards the garages-at what must have been 70 miles per hour. I had chosen that moment to be walking out of the garage area and back to the pits. Let me point out that:
a. Porsche 935's had really effective brakes
b. I, 24 years ago (groan!), was very fleet of foot
c. Mr. Ongais had the ability to open his eyes very wide (not as wide as mine!)

I am fairly new to the wonderful world of information on the internet. I have been blown away by how much information is available. The concept of Forums did not really appeal to me, until I found this one off Mulsanne's Corner. This is fantastic! I generally look to here before any other news source, because it seems much more timely, and other perspectives are thrown in.

You are all fantastic and I enjoy every minute spent!
Old 17 Sep 2003, 01:03 (Ref:721358)   #64
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your "nearly run over" story is the best one yet! I'm glad you survived to join us here.

Besides Jacques, I have nearly been run over three times. Twice at Road Atlanta ... once saved by a concerned Archangel mechanic who came over and said "Ma'am you might better not stand there, that's where the cars come off the track." I moved out of the way just as an enraged Ron Fellows who had just been excluded from both the race and the Championship came flying down the fire lane ... once by a Panoz mechanic -- I'd been standing in the paddock watching and photographing a 40 minute repair job to David Brabham's Panoz after an optimistic passing attempt that had destroyed a Porsche, and didn't realise that 1/10 second after the engine fired, the car would be coming out quite near where I was standing.

Lastly at Brands Hatch, where I thought the pitlane had gone cold and only a shout from a CART steward and my well trained reflexes that sent me backward two steps the instant he shouted, saved me from being sideswiped by Bruno Junqueira.

People like me should not be allowed to wander around without a handler.

===================

Isn't it time for Le Mans yet?
Old 17 Sep 2003, 05:15 (Ref:721439)   #65
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by skycafe
Nearly run over story...

I am fairly new to the wonderful ... You are all fantastic and I enjoy every minute spent!
I won't say welcome, because it's too late : you're already a "racer" ! We're very pleased to have you here, and I'll dare to repeat myself : YOU are wonderful... and what a story (great to see here back Dany Ongais's name).

My sole nearly run over story : by my own car, I forgot to pull the parking break... oh boy !

Oh no, I forgot ! I was so fond of the Stingray Corvette at Classic last year that I was nearly run over trying to take a pic from front... I really love this one and almost succeed to kiss the bonnet : ouch !
Old 17 Sep 2003, 07:12 (Ref:721506)   #66
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, the only thing i've ever been nearly run over by is a bus
Old 17 Sep 2003, 08:53 (Ref:721591)   #67
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i nearly got knocked off my scooter by stirling moss on his scooter on park lane. i guess he was distracted by the mclaren gtr in the permanent display.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 11:36 (Ref:721685)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, who wouldn't be......