Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Oct 2003, 02:57 (Ref:742515)   #26
noise boy 2
Racer

United States
Baltimore, MD USA
noise boy 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by skycafe
Now, help me here. What is the difference between 550 and 575 other then engine displacment? Can't you just fit larger engine to 550? Also, as to body work differences, isn't it just a matter of undoing the dzus fasteners, fitting the new bodywork and you are off? Certainly, some of the venting may vary, but then you replumb the vents, right? Doesn't seem difficult to me to do retrofit. What am I missing?
Acutally both Prodrive and Rafffanelli are running bored and stroked 550 motors bringing them up to 6.0 liter dispalcements. Robert
Old 7 Oct 2003, 08:34 (Ref:742715)   #27
917Addicted
Racer

917Addicted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by skycafe
Now, help me here. What is the difference between 550 and 575 other then engine displacment? Can't you just fit larger engine to 550? Also, as to body work differences, isn't it just a matter of undoing the dzus fasteners, fitting the new bodywork and you are off? Certainly, some of the venting may vary, but then you replumb the vents, right? Doesn't seem difficult to me to do retrofit. What am I missing?
I don't know for sure and I could be completely wrong but I think they are two very different racing cars.
The engine is different for instance (the base is the same but they are prepared by different people, even though they have the same 6-litre displacement) and its body styling is different (again, same base but different guys at different windtunels).
I think they only share componnets like the chassis (even though prepared in a different way), suspension (different geometries, i suppose) and gearbox (I'm not that sure about this one. Please correct me if I'm wrong).

Again, this is only my oppinion and could be (I ought to say, "it is") completely wrong.