Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Dec 2007, 23:45 (Ref:2092357)   #26
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All of these forums and websites report what they know or think...mostly rumor.
Rumors with footnotes and source documents - in one place at least. Stretches the definition of rumor, doesn't it?
Old 20 Dec 2007, 11:45 (Ref:2092599)   #27
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yes I think its a bit damning...

let be straight here

Epsilon - its a goer, fact etc... see links posted elsewhere in this thread
Tokai - well the car aint built but I'm certain it will be
Dome - the car will be built and will get an entry, the question is who will run it

Those are the facts the more realistic rumours are

Henris mythical manufacturer, Honda P1, Mazda P1, customer 908's, South American team, RML.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 15:15 (Ref:2092711)   #28
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More on the epsilon here

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/news.html
Old 20 Dec 2007, 15:16 (Ref:2092712)   #29
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK
Rumors with footnotes and source documents - in one place at least. Stretches the definition of rumor, doesn't it?
Not for me. My point remains the same: All these websites, yourself included, do the best they can to report information they know or think. I prefer to take a "believe it when I see it" attitude when it comes to sports cars. Articles, press releases, and rumor blogs are not fact until the green flag falls. I do hope for the best every season and enjoy the gossip as much as anyone.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 15:17 (Ref:2092713)   #30
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins

Henris mythical manufacturer, Honda P1, Mazda P1, customer 908's, South American team, RML.
In 2009 right?
Old 20 Dec 2007, 15:30 (Ref:2092727)   #31
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
2008/9 whenever - they are rumours - they may never even happen, Elva may return with E.Presley as the driver... thats the difference between fact and rumour.

The problem you run into a lot of the time is that the professionally run sources like racecar or dsc, are told a lot more than they are allowed to say usually. Forums are fun and a god source but a pro site should give you facts only. I limit our site to cars only, thats the nature of our business, but to say articles are not fact until the flag falls is nonsense - it depends on the article of course - but a good one (like ours I hope) should be fact only.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 16:36 (Ref:2092788)   #32
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
Not for me. My point remains the same: All these websites, yourself included, do the best they can to report information they know or think. I prefer to take a "believe it when I see it" attitude when it comes to sports cars. Articles, press releases, and rumor blogs are not fact until the green flag falls. I do hope for the best every season and enjoy the gossip as much as anyone.

What TWK and I are saying, is the basis for these conclusions is not rumour, or speculative, but fact driven. Information in articles of most websites is fact driven, press releases and rumour blogs to be taken for what they are.

Conclusions based upon available information in this specific case certainly would fall in to the category of speculation, or perhaps of rumour. Maybe what we are saying is the same, but just in different words.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 16:58 (Ref:2092801)   #33
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Well put Fogel old bean.

But I guess this thread is called rumours... so back on the topic of rumours. V12 engined aston anyone?
Old 20 Dec 2007, 18:43 (Ref:2092884)   #34
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
What TWK and I are saying, is the basis for these conclusions is not rumour, or speculative, but fact driven. Information in articles of most websites is fact driven, press releases and rumour blogs to be taken for what they are.

Conclusions based upon available information in this specific case certainly would fall in to the category of speculation, or perhaps of rumour. Maybe what we are saying is the same, but just in different words.
I agree 100%. Articles contain facts but IMO may not always contain the full story due to restrictions or lack of some information. Some deals fall through the cracks after they are a "sure thing", hence my "wait and see" attitude. I think I'm on the same page as y'all though. Credibility of the articles we are really talking about is not in question from me.

I apologize for the hi-jack...I think that was my fault. Back to the tread guys!
Old 21 Dec 2007, 00:10 (Ref:2093064)   #35
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
Credibility of the articles we are really talking about is not in question from me.

I apologize for the hi-jack...I think that was my fault.
One more before that return from the hi-jack. Thanks for the "credibility" note. The problem with such articles being lumped - in any way - with rumor and fora entries, is, if nothing else, the sheer amount of work that goes into seeking out the information. Having done that, it's dismaying to read that it seemingly counts for nothing.

Another note: The "articles in question" don't say that the car(s) won't race. Though one could conclude from them that they will not, that misses the point entirely. John Paul and the Whittington brothers raced. So may Al from Jacksonville. If that comes to pass, it won't change a single word of the article series.
Old 31 Dec 2007, 22:17 (Ref:2097275)   #36
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On Mariantic:
Quote:
Growing rumours of new LMP1 @ Autosport Show - Lola-Aston coupe?
Might make some sense. Prodrive has indicated interest in running an Aston P1...
Old 31 Dec 2007, 22:29 (Ref:2097279)   #37
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
On Mariantic:

Might make some sense. Prodrive has indicated interest in running an Aston P1...
Well since Prodrive's F1 program seems as though its been put back another year, then I suppose they have at bit more free time on their hands.
Old 1 Jan 2008, 02:14 (Ref:2097360)   #38
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
Well since Prodrive's F1 program seems as though its been put back another year, then I suppose they have at bit more free time on their hands.
But then would they continue with the P1 coupe if they went into F1 in 2009 as they are currently planning?
Old 1 Jan 2008, 02:24 (Ref:2097365)   #39
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would say yes they would continue with the LMP1 if it was sucessful. Prodrive are a big enough operation to be able to do both a LMP1 programme and a F1 programme. IMO.
Old 1 Jan 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2097682)   #40
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
I would say yes they would continue with the LMP1 if it was sucessful. Prodrive are a big enough operation to be able to do both a LMP1 programme and a F1 programme. IMO.
Yep. They already run Subaru in WRC and still work on the Aston GT1 project, so they have the resources to have involvement in motorsport more widespread.
Old 2 Jan 2008, 00:33 (Ref:2097809)   #41
TWK
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
But not big enough to challenge Pratt & Miller in the ALMS?
Old 2 Jan 2008, 02:10 (Ref:2097846)   #42
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK

Cue Mosport Corvette advertisement... turning Participants into Spectators.
Old 2 Jan 2008, 13:36 (Ref:2098027)   #43
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK
Prodrive certainly have the technical ability (more actually) but it comes down to money. As i understand it AM do not provide much in the way of money so Prodrive/AMR has to balance the books through sponsorship - when they don't get enough they don't go racing!!

GT1 is dieing / dead why bother spending your own money to further develop the car? Corvette can justify the cost based on the corals and meeting the owners at races.....Aston cannot!

I doubt Aston would buy what amounts to a customer chassis (Lola) - better off developing there own in conjunction with say Mclaren ?
Old 2 Jan 2008, 13:54 (Ref:2098038)   #44
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG
Prodrive certainly have the technical ability (more actually) but it comes down to money. As i understand it AM do not provide much in the way of money so Prodrive/AMR has to balance the books through sponsorship - when they don't get enough they don't go racing!!
All relevant before Prodrive bought AM, not so much now.
Old 2 Jan 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2098054)   #45
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Prodrive didn't buy AM. Richards is chairman and shareholder, but if I remember well he owns only a small amount of shares.
Old 2 Jan 2008, 14:59 (Ref:2098077)   #46
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Prodrive didn't buy AM. Richards is chairman and shareholder, but if I remember well he owns only a small amount of shares.

Fair enough, though Richards heads both organizations, hence the intent of my prior statement still stands.
Old 2 Jan 2008, 19:04 (Ref:2098181)   #47
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG

GT1 is dieing / dead why bother spending your own money to further develop the car? Corvette can justify the cost based on the corals and meeting the owners at races.....Aston cannot!

I doubt Aston would buy what amounts to a customer chassis (Lola) - better off developing there own in conjunction with say Mclaren ?
But are Aston Martin seriously going to run a program spending £25m+ a year to compete with Audi and Peugeot, or more likely badge a chassis, or fund a derivative of one with the V12 installed and operate a customer type program that's a step up from a regular customer car.

Remember Nissan commisioned Lola to build their late 80's Group C car, plenty IMSA GTP cars were based on the older Lola chassis, while Mazda purchased the chassis/rights to the TWR XJR-14 in '92, which incidently then went on to be a factory Porsche!

Last edited by JAG; 2 Jan 2008 at 19:06.
Old 3 Jan 2008, 03:23 (Ref:2098364)   #48
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not sure how much in common the TWR Porsches had with the XJR14 tho, cant have been that much?
Old 3 Jan 2008, 03:51 (Ref:2098371)   #49
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1
I'm not sure how much in common the TWR Porsches had with the XJR14 tho, cant have been that much?
Jaguar XJR-14 = Mazda MXR-01 + Porsche WSC-95

http://xjr14.site.voila.fr/index.html

Last edited by Hugewally; 3 Jan 2008 at 04:00.
Old 3 Jan 2008, 04:24 (Ref:2098376)   #50
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An XJR-14 chassis was chopped up to build the first WSC-95, although I seem to recall the second car being scratch built.