Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Nov 2002, 21:58 (Ref:428777)   #1
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Introducing...

... the newest and youngest member of the forum! Say hello to James Allen Stokes, born on 4th November.
Attached Thumbnails
allon + james.jpg  
Old 14 Nov 2002, 22:13 (Ref:428790)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats go out to you and yours! Welcome to the world little James!
Never forget #99
Old 14 Nov 2002, 22:26 (Ref:428798)   #3
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for that KC. It was the first time I have attached a photo here, so the actual post so was a little briefer than I intended. The photo was taken about hour after birth with his proud (and tired) dad. He was a big chap, (10 pounds and half an ounce, 4550g to my metric European friends); so I reckon he is already too big for an F1 car, so it will just have to be sportscars instead!
Old 14 Nov 2002, 23:00 (Ref:428829)   #4
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Many congratulations! Our daughter is 13 months old and has already been to three race meetings- including Le Mans Classic, nothing like starting 'em young!!
Old 15 Nov 2002, 09:38 (Ref:429023)   #5
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hey allonsfs...."JAMES ALLEN stokes"?

did the name come into your head when you were shouting "are you ready...are you ready...are you ready"?

many congratulations though. my boy was 2lb when he was born and was immediately taken on as a test driver for mclaren. trouble is he's now ten and a lot heavier...therefore we'll probably see james and jack competing in le mans 2020.
Old 15 Nov 2002, 16:58 (Ref:429351)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes congratulations Allon.
Old 15 Nov 2002, 16:59 (Ref:429352)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
sorry i meant congratulations James
Old 18 Nov 2002, 19:35 (Ref:431619)   #8
jslone
Racer

United States
Gaithersburg Maryland
jslone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats on your son and to you and your family
The forums head dirtbag and headhog
Old 18 Nov 2002, 20:07 (Ref:431653)   #9
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best wishes to the new little family - ah the joys of parenthood...
Old 18 Nov 2002, 23:02 (Ref:431798)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very well done indeed, my friend. Congrats to Mum too. Hope they are both fit and well.

So when will James be coming to Le Mans then? I suppose next June is just a bit early?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 18 Nov 2002 at 23:02.
Old 18 Nov 2002, 23:12 (Ref:431813)   #11
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allons, many congratulations to you, mum and James

salut
Old 19 Nov 2002, 03:03 (Ref:431941)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lovely photo of both of you. Many congratulations and best wishes for a happy lifetime for all of you.

P.S. He looks like a future Prodrive Ferrari pilot to me.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 06:04 (Ref:432839)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I'm a little bit late here, but I wanted to add my congratulations, Allon... and I hope James will have good time with our own children soon, as FG and mine had this year in our extra race meeting around Le Mans (good kids... only girls !) !!!

(hey, with this pic, we could recognize you in the crowd next year )

Last edited by Fab; 20 Nov 2002 at 06:05.
Old 20 Nov 2002, 07:57 (Ref:432890)   #14
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
(hey, with this pic, we could recognize you in the crowd next year )
Yes - he's the man with the baby!
Old 21 Nov 2002, 15:46 (Ref:434017)   #15
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
Yes - he's the man with the baby!
Hope not for James ! Take care of yours ears...

I was talking about AllonFS !
Old 22 Nov 2002, 15:38 (Ref:434727)   #16
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Thanks everyone for all the kind comments. I hope you didn't mind me posting a very non-sportscar related topic, but the proud dad got the better of me. (Although if you look closely at the shirt I am wearing, there is a Le Mans link...)

I used to think that Panoz V8s were as loud as it got, but I am now realising that the lungs on a baby can rival anything! Nevermind the sleep deprivation is good practice for next June.
Old 22 Nov 2002, 16:36 (Ref:434764)   #17
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
plus some of the excessive drinkers at le mans can introduce you to another unmentioned child-affect...projectile vomiting!
Old 24 Nov 2002, 11:21 (Ref:435726)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
Thanks everyone for all the kind comments. I hope you didn't mind me posting a very non-sportscar related topic.....

But this is Le Mans related! This is a vital issue regarding Le Mans attendance and one man's selfless efforts to increase the crowd capacity at La Sarthe in (when shall we say, Allon?), 2017 (ish?).

Old 31 Jan 2003, 15:35 (Ref:491954)   #19
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
We're supporting Bentley!

Had to upload this, don't worry it's the last one for a while. Saw the matching t-shirts last year and just had to get them.
Attached Thumbnails
lemanssmall.jpg  
Old 31 Jan 2003, 17:57 (Ref:492069)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lovely

Growing fast too, if the two pics, start and finish are anything to go by!
Old 31 Jan 2003, 17:58 (Ref:492071)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's James I mean -not you.........
Old 1 Feb 2003, 07:39 (Ref:492655)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Lovely fan ! Intend to come this year, Allon ? I mean you, not James !
Old 3 Feb 2003, 08:45 (Ref:494598)   #23
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Thanks guys. Yes he is growing fast, but then he was a porker to start with! And yes Fab, I am coming to Le Mans this year, I will only be away for 3 nights on the coach trip so not too long away. (My wife is planning a few days holiday later in the year - all fair and equal in our house!). I'll bore you all with baby talk when we meet up for that drink this year at Le Mans.
Old 3 Feb 2003, 14:45 (Ref:494910)   #24
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
congratulations-and welcome to the worl lil' james.
Old 4 Feb 2003, 13:45 (Ref:496055)   #25
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope this child will be brought up to love racing,
more motor heads are exactly what this world needs