6hrs to go!!!! Yeah baby!!!

*likes this*
A day and 6 hours you mean?
Old 11 Mar 2010, 05:24 (Ref:2649365)   #27
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Errr yes ... oops

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 08:04 (Ref:2649403)   #28
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I'm excited! Wow, the season has come round quite quick I think.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2649425)   #29
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Classic F1 races are up on the BBC site and on the red button for those who watch them.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 10:46 (Ref:2649490)   #30
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
How beautiful were those 1984 cars..?

Those elaborate rear wings, shall we say!

Selby
Old 11 Mar 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2649566)   #31
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
My freeview guide has refreshed and we have:

301 - Practice One - 07:00 - 08:30
301 - Practice Two - 11:00 - 12:30
301 - Practice Three - 08:00 - 09:00
301 - Qualifying - 10:15 - 12:10
301 - Race - 11:20 - 14:10
301 - Forum - 14:20 - 15:10

Got my PC set to record the lot
Just to confirm this, my STB is telling me the same. All on 301, all set up to record. Can't wait
Old 11 Mar 2010, 14:01 (Ref:2649606)   #32
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who will bet if Hispania Racing would be able to hit the ground running ????
Old 11 Mar 2010, 14:12 (Ref:2649613)   #33
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wondering if other teams are going to give HRT a wide berth and hope they qualify in the back of the field, or if we are going to hear all weekend how they are ruining _____'s lap and why are they out here without testing.

Leaning toward the latter myself. Hoping HRT is at the end of the pit lane as soon as the track goes green to get laps in a dial it in as best they can.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2649616)   #34
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 Tenth Chatroom is open too.
Stop by for a chat or discuss motorsport in general. Before, during and after the F1 sessions
Old 11 Mar 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2649680)   #35
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess all the lead teams will only have to do one flying lap to get into Q2 based on the new teams being so far off the pace!
Old 11 Mar 2010, 16:26 (Ref:2649681)   #36
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, it's 24-17-10, isn't it? So 1 car still has to go outside the 3 new teams. So they still can't ease up, although I reckon it'll still be someone predictable, namely either Jaime or Petrov
Old 11 Mar 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2649752)   #37
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
107% rule to return?

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/0...-could-return/

I would have a bit of an issue with this. With no testing, how on earth are the slow one/s of the new teams going to get any experience? Is it such a big deal for lapping cars to have to find a way round. They used to do that without the "3 strikes" blue flag rule.

I would have thought this is unlikely, as apparently it needs unanimous agreement from the teams.
Old 11 Mar 2010, 18:48 (Ref:2649764)   #38
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

I would have a bit of an issue with this. With no testing, how on earth are the slow one/s of the new teams going to get any experience? Is it such a big deal for lapping cars to have to find a way round. They used to do that without the "3 strikes" blue flag rule.

I would have thought this is unlikely, as apparently it needs unanimous agreement from the teams.
we could return to pre-qualifying too !!
Old 11 Mar 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2649813)   #39
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

I think not only with the lack of testing is it unfair but what would happen if a team decided that the weather was going to change for the race and set the car up for the wet on a dry track for quali or vice versa. They would obviously be miles off the pace in the qualifying session but their pace wouldnt be representative of their actual speed but with the 107 rule they would obviously not qualify
Old 11 Mar 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2649826)   #40
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 107% rule had leeway about when a car would be allowed to race, France '99 for example. It certainly could have some advantages in certain circumstances.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 01:02 (Ref:2650001)   #41
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Webber is talking up his chances... it's not the first time he's done so.

Quote:
... in what’s tipped to be Webber’s best year to date, 2010 also marks the return of seven-time world champion, Michael Schumacher.

After three seasons in retirement, Schumacher, now 41, returns to the circuit with Mercedes, who raced under the Brawn GP banner last season.

While Schumacher’s comeback will be scrutinised, Webber is unfazed by the German’s return.

“I think it will be a hard season for him,” Webber told London's Daily Telegraph.

“I think he’ll go all right but I have never ever seen a phenomenal comeback. When has the second career ever been better than the first?”

Despite his nonchalance, Webber will face a tough breed of drivers this season.

He can’t ignore Schumacher, world champion Jenson Button, former champ Lewis Hamilton, dual former winner Fernando Alonso, now with Ferrari, or the sheer determination of his Red Bull teammate Sebastian Vettel.

Webber’s success won’t come easy, but perhaps that’s the way he likes it.

"It’s all motivation for me," Webber added.

"I’ll do my talking on the track."

Webber on the brink of greatness
Old 12 Mar 2010, 02:53 (Ref:2650030)   #42
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby View Post
Looks like Webber is talking up his chances... it's not the first time he's done so.
Love it when a footy "journalist" takes a shot at reporting on F1, or any motorsport for that matter.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 03:39 (Ref:2650041)   #43
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If anyone in the UK could put free practice one on justin.tv it would be greatly appreciated for those of us in N America who don't want to wait for FP2 on SPEED!
Old 12 Mar 2010, 05:55 (Ref:2650079)   #44
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, I'm in America and hoping I'll get to see it.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 06:17 (Ref:2650086)   #45
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A feed on Justin would be nice. Not that I would, you know, ever consider have it running in the background while at work or anything like that.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 07:03 (Ref:2650105)   #46
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

And it's go.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 07:11 (Ref:2650110)   #47
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
12 mins gone and no sign of HRT !!!
Old 12 Mar 2010, 07:16 (Ref:2650114)   #48
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
12 mins gone and no sign of HRT !!!
I have a feeling they want to be as prepared as possible before even doing their installation lap so they, hopefully, make it around without a stoppage.

Or wait until they can be completely alone out there, for that matter.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2650116)   #49
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bruno's said Chandhok's car is still being put together
Old 12 Mar 2010, 07:33 (Ref:2650122)   #50
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Bob Bell having a big moan about the McLaren.

The "spirit" of the regulations shouldn't exist, only the regulations.