Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Mar 2018, 08:00 (Ref:3806787)   #26
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I think you're off the mark.

Really good football administrators are rarely footballers or coaches, but business people who understand recruiting the right people and implementing the right processes to get a successful result - and motorsport is no different.
Well ok then, he's failed at that too. So doesn't understand the engineering side of it, and either can't get the right mix of people ( or can't give them what they need to do the job ), or can't implement the right processes to get a successful result. Whichever way you look at it, he's really not cut out for this game, Unfortunately really, because his old man did so well across many classes for decades.
Old 8 Mar 2018, 22:57 (Ref:3806942)   #27
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thought this topic was about Albert Park Supercars around?
Old 8 Mar 2018, 23:09 (Ref:3806943)   #28
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Thought this topic was about Albert Park Supercars around?
It is, so to get back on track, it has been 32 years since a Touring Car support race at the AGP has counted for points towards a championship.

How different will the races be will points on the line?
Old 8 Mar 2018, 23:17 (Ref:3806946)   #29
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
It is, so to get back on track, it has been 32 years since a Touring Car support race at the AGP has counted for points towards a championship.

How different will the races be will points on the line?
What event was that?
Old 8 Mar 2018, 23:31 (Ref:3806950)   #30
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
What event was that?
The gloriously named South Pacific Touring Car Championship.

The series which began in the 60's supporting the Tasman Series was resurrected in 1986.

The AGP Touring Car race was round 2.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 00:01 (Ref:3806953)   #31
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
The gloriously named South Pacific Touring Car Championship.

The series which began in the 60's supporting the Tasman Series was resurrected in 1986.

The AGP Touring Car race was round 2.
Well there we go, I had never heard of it, Will whack some lira into research
Old 9 Mar 2018, 03:31 (Ref:3806964)   #32
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some teams in the past have used this meeting as a test weekend and some have taken a don't care attitude, so this will be one difference, although I think the real racers in the field took it seriously. Racing in front of the biggest crowd of the year should have been enough reason to try and do well, especially as this may be the only event some of their sponsors attend. This Round will probably be a better test of the competitiveness of some of the Teams (such as WAU) and some of the rookie drivers.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 04:43 (Ref:3806974)   #33
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Well there we go, I had never heard of it, Will whack some lira into research
When it was run in conjunction with the Tasman Series being the only national series for Series Production it attracted all the series production front runners.

The 1986 reboot was the first of a number South Pacific / Asian based touring car series that no team really cared about.

Looking forward to Albert Park - I expect some good racing.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 06:08 (Ref:3806982)   #34
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy we're racing for points but still not happy with the ridiculously short races. The 25 lappers are barely passable - the 13's, well that's just laughable.
Old 9 Mar 2018, 13:25 (Ref:3807051)   #35
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
Happy we're racing for points but still not happy with the ridiculously short races. The 25 lappers are barely passable - the 13's, well that's just laughable.
All the support categories are in the same boat. At least they still get 400klms racing over the weekend. (ie more than the main event.)
Old 10 Mar 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3807269)   #36
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
The 13's are still longer than the 2014 Super Sprint Saturday races.
Old 10 Mar 2018, 21:39 (Ref:3807281)   #37
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...buying-it.html

Maybe this guy is trying out for a support category.
Old 11 Mar 2018, 02:00 (Ref:3807298)   #38
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post

Old 11 Mar 2018, 03:59 (Ref:3807305)   #39
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Luckily there were no cops around when I test drove the Macan Turbo down Yarra Blvd... That engine screams but the speed is insane

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Mar 2018, 04:01 (Ref:3807306)   #40
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post

lmao that's fairly common around here to be completely honest.

then again, 60 in a 25 sounds way less "scary" than 100 in a 40.
Old 16 Mar 2018, 15:35 (Ref:3808370)   #41
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Ryan needs to stop trying to live his Dads' life, and sell up and go and do his DJ thing or whatever else he does, and leave the racing to the racers.
Mostly drinking red wine.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 03:13 (Ref:3809252)   #42
V12muscleman
Rookie

V12muscleman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Can't deny the truth, however uncomfortable it might make some feel. That kind of feeling would make you wonder why you're bothering some day too, but now some of the bosses actually know what they're talking about, I can see that reinvigorating the driving talent as they'll get a lot more of the support from upper management they've been missing.

Ryan needs to stop trying to live his Dads' life, and sell up and go and do his DJ thing or whatever else he does, and leave the racing to the racers.
I normally lurk on forums and rarely post but your post is off the mark and condescending. The young bloke runs a $300m group of companies of which racing is a tiny part of.

I reckon it's understandable that his focus is elsewhere in his group and he prioritises the road car business. That's part of the reason he says he has brought in the new partners, a huge coup in it's own right, as well as the new pom to lead the technical side.

Adiran Burgess was brought in the run the team not RW, and if you speak to some of the boys in the workshop at WR as I have, you'll find a lot of praise for RW, not so much for there previous white haired Team Principal...
Old 20 Mar 2018, 07:38 (Ref:3809290)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

New colours for #8... again
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Mar 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3809455)   #44
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
The fact the races count for "Virgin Australia Supercar Championship" points is neither here nor there for me, it baffles me it was ever beaten up into such an issue.
It means the engineers could test though. Whereas now, they somewhat can't and having only 2 test days for the whole season is a bit of a problem. A team might almost compelled to sacrifice one of a team's drivers to "guinea pig" testing duty while they are supposedly meant to be racing for the best results.
Old 20 Mar 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3809497)   #45
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
New colours for #8... again
Better than no colours though?
Old 20 Mar 2018, 21:58 (Ref:3809500)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Better than no colours though?

Brothers from another mother?
Old 20 Mar 2018, 22:00 (Ref:3809501)   #47
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
So will the supercars be the slowest category at F1 (apart from historics)?
Old 21 Mar 2018, 00:57 (Ref:3809521)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Another grille painter...
Old 21 Mar 2018, 01:03 (Ref:3809522)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 21 Mar 2018, 01:51 (Ref:3809525)   #50
champcarman
Veteran

Quote:
So will the supercars be the slowest category at F1 (apart from historics)?
Won't be much between them and CC, the new Porsche will be better suited to AP than the point and squirt Adelaide layout.