Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 12 Jul 2013, 00:56 (Ref:3276836)   #1
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Sprint Cup Round 19: Camping World RV 301 (NH)

The shortest points paying oval race of the year is this week - New Hampshire. Live Free Or Die.

http://www.jayski.com/news/races/201...SCAR-Race-Info
Old 12 Jul 2013, 02:20 (Ref:3276850)   #2
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still dont know how Kyle Petty can go do TV at that track.
He's a better man than I.
Old 12 Jul 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3277180)   #3
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad Brad on pole. The #48 will start from the rear after failing a height check.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3277314)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Never been a big fan of this track...it has produced some decent races, but that's due to the law of averages.

Nothing "magic" about the place, IMHO.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 00:54 (Ref:3277454)   #5
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
A fairly dead Nationwide race anyway.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3277615)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ugly, slow start to this one with the Busch sisters leading with Keso in tow.

When does race 2 from toronto start?
Old 14 Jul 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3277674)   #7
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Reluctantly tuned in to the last 10 laps to see the finish, considering I live about 45 minutes to the south of the track. Quite a reasonable excuse.

And what do ya' know?! I am blessed with a fake debris caution. Classic NASCAR. Throwing out a debris caution with 5 laps to go to appease to the fat slugs in the stands and create an artificial result. What complete bullshirt.

Oh by the way, it is quite obvious that the debris caution was a fake one because you could still see the piece of debris that caused it in the first place still on track after they restarted. Utterly, utterly sickening.

I can't stand this fabricated crap.

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 14 Jul 2013 at 20:54.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3277676)   #8
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vickers won and 12 cautions at Loudon. That was odd. Good race for NHMS standards, it's not in the south so it gets more criticism than it deserves while Charlotte and Tejas which put on the worst races of the year getting away scotch free from the Rednecks. Not to mention the restrictor plate crap that everyone loves.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 23:10 (Ref:3277713)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Vickers won and 12 cautions at Loudon. That was odd. Good race for NHMS standards, it's not in the south so it gets more criticism than it deserves while Charlotte and Tejas which put on the worst races of the year getting away scotch free from the Rednecks. Not to mention the restrictor plate crap that everyone loves.
That being a "good race" for the magic mile proves that New Hampshire is hated because the racing is abysmal. Always has been; always will be. Has little to do with the location.

Shut the doors or put in 35 degrees of banking or make the Cup teams run a modified when they go. Can't wait for the Chase race there.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 00:58 (Ref:3277735)   #10
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Reluctantly tuned in to the last 10 laps to see the finish, considering I live about 45 minutes to the south of the track. Quite a reasonable excuse.

And what do ya' know?! I am blessed with a fake debris caution. Classic NASCAR. Throwing out a debris caution with 5 laps to go to appease to the fat slugs in the stands and create an artificial result. What complete bullshirt.

Oh by the way, it is quite obvious that the debris caution was a fake one because you could still see the piece of debris that caused it in the first place still on track after they restarted. Utterly, utterly sickening.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. I don't agree with everything NASCAR does, but I don't get mad about it or complain.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3277748)   #11
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
That being a "good race" for the magic mile proves that New Hampshire is hated because the racing is abysmal. Always has been; always will be. Has little to do with the location.

Shut the doors or put in 35 degrees of banking or make the Cup teams run a modified when they go. Can't wait for the Chase race there.
35 degree banking? Don't make me laugh, 20 degrees or so would be fine as it would be a shorter version of Old Atlanta.

Also, the New Hampshire fall race was the only sellout (of an above average 105,000 capacity) in the ENTIRE sprint cup schedule. Don't think they'll be shutting it down anytime some, if there's any track Boss Hogg Bruton is going to shut down is Atlanta as he has a clear vendetta against the place and will have an excuse in the next few years.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3277953)   #12
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Switched off on this one after Harvick continued to turn Ambrose around 20 laps in...
Old 15 Jul 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3278163)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post

Couldn't agree more!

Half the time a black mark on a wall is enough!

(Fabricated results just devalue racing to the point where it is just a pointless waste of time!)
Old 16 Jul 2013, 02:30 (Ref:3278188)   #14
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This and Martinsville are two good reasons why they just deserve JUST ONE race. This part of the schedule is just sh!t. Wake me up when the night race at Bristol is on.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 04:02 (Ref:3278209)   #15
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
This and Martinsville are two good reasons why they just deserve JUST ONE race. This part of the schedule is just sh!t. Wake me up when the night race at Bristol is on.

That reminds me of another idea; perhaps NASCAR should remove the Spring Bristol race off of the calendar...or perhaps add it as a second night race so the viewers at home wont be able to see in the darkness, the utter disgrace that is Bristol attendance these days.

Credibility problem anyone??

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 16 Jul 2013 at 04:07.
Old 16 Jul 2013, 11:38 (Ref:3278339)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
35 degree banking? Don't make me laugh, 20 degrees or so would be fine as it would be a shorter version of Old Atlanta.

Also, the New Hampshire fall race was the only sellout (of an above average 105,000 capacity) in the ENTIRE sprint cup schedule. Don't think they'll be shutting it down anytime some, if there's any track Boss Hogg Bruton is going to shut down is Atlanta as he has a clear vendetta against the place and will have an excuse in the next few years.
You did notice that all three of my suggestions were ridiculous, much like the racing at this boring oval twice a year?
Old 16 Jul 2013, 21:46 (Ref:3278527)   #17
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
You did notice that all three of my suggestions were ridiculous, much like the racing at this boring oval twice a year?
Ridiculous? You mean making money, Motorsport and all forms of professional organized sport are dedicated to being a business above being a sport. It's why the World Cup will be in Qatar, F1 races in Korea and Bahrain but not France, Finland and Mexico, NASCAR has only one dates at many of their best tracks, and 2 at their worst and why Indycar doesn't race at road america.

So until 100,000 people stop showing up for two races a year here they don't deserve to lose a date. Dropping one of your most successful events is dumb and stupid, and perhaps if more than 50k had shown up to Rockingam's lone date, that fantastic track would still have a date.

Supply and Demand, ABCs and counting twos, don't have to be a genius to realize what it is and how it works.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 03:23 (Ref:3278583)   #18
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who said New Hampshire was in danger of losing a date? All he said was the track sucks... and it does. It always has.
Old 17 Jul 2013, 04:16 (Ref:3278591)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Ridiculous? You mean making money, Motorsport and all forms of professional organized sport are dedicated to being a business above being a sport. It's why the World Cup will be in Qatar, F1 races in Korea and Bahrain but not France, Finland and Mexico, NASCAR has only one dates at many of their best tracks, and 2 at their worst and why Indycar doesn't race at road america.

So until 100,000 people stop showing up for two races a year here they don't deserve to lose a date. Dropping one of your most successful events is dumb and stupid, and perhaps if more than 50k had shown up to Rockingam's lone date, that fantastic track would still have a date.

Supply and Demand, ABCs and counting twos, don't have to be a genius to realize what it is and how it works.
See the below and please stop with lectures. I have a decent understanding of supply & demand, and mentioned absolutely nothing about playing footie in the air conditioning in the desert because they can afford to build stadiums and hotels, F1 races in oil rich nations or nations that "have a track and will pay Bernie", Indycar at the greatest road course in America or an outdated facility in North Cackalacky. I hate New Hampshire MS because the racing SUCKS. Why do I watch? Because it's a race on TV on Sunday afternoon and the NFL hasn't started back yet. Pack the stands and go back 10 times a year for all I care. What were the TV ratings? How do they compare to other races this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Who said New Hampshire was in danger of losing a date? All he said was the track sucks... and it does. It always has.

As a random side note, I will never plan a trip to Louden; if I ever get to the Northeast for a race, it'll be to "whatever" they are running at Lime Rock that particular Saturday.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 17 Jul 2013 at 04:22.