Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 20 Jul 2014, 18:15 (Ref:3435930)   #51
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Al Super 1 karting mandates cameras on karts and that is some of the worst driving standards you will see!
Old 20 Jul 2014, 21:43 (Ref:3435989)   #52
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well that must be down to those running it then.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 17:00 (Ref:3436317)   #53
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My 5p of comment on this as I thought this was a thread about driving standards and not attacking somebody. Even mods should behave!

In almost every modern (yes even in Historics) race / championship driving standards have fallen. Why?
Methinks because the ones who can't (do not know how to) race have only the option knocking somebody off who's faster, their only change to gain a place.
They usually don't care either about the cost as they are (usually) rich boys who can afford the damage.
In my driving days I had some contact as well, but nothing deliberate, as you respected your fellow racer. Not nowadays.

Furthermore if only some of my fellow post chiefs would even do a small effort in reporting driving standards it would be a great help as well.
On my post you will be "shot down" on the spot, whoever you are, friend or foe.

If only some clerks would use our reports and act on them, that would be another thing, but some can't even be bothered to act, let alone aren't even worth the title of cotc.
And no, I won't name names (love to, but can't).
Some serious punishment is needed to learn drivers how to behave and getting into their wallets doesn't help.
Go home and don't bother coming back for a fair few months. That is how I used to work as cotc.

And even when most of our clerks do hand out punishment, quite often they are overruled by the stewards.

And then there are the cameras, used far too often to avoid punishment, where the drivers show footage from that race alright, but from what lap?
Has happened to me and that is the moment where you think I do not need this cr*p. So why not stay stumm as well.

But unlucky for you guys I don't stay stumm and I will get you when you do something wrong.
Have a nice day!
Old 28 Jul 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3439430)   #54
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well said eddy. i have raced in the above championship for a number of years now ( i still have the same bumper and head lights) and i think some of the problem is that you can turn up with a high power car with little or no experience and have a go.now we all have to start some where but if you think you are GOOD and you aint then some one else is going to have a repair bill. maybe there should be some kind of bedding in time / appenticeship if you will when you have shown that you are competant then off you go and buy some thing faster. this not a pop at any one series but it does seem that it is happening far more than it should or did. WOODY
Old 30 Jul 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3440111)   #55
historic racer
Rookie

historic racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Woody, the driver who smashed into the back of our Honda had won the JCW Mini Challenge ( or something like it ) so experienced, but was just driving like an absolute prat with no regard to anyone else on the circuit, and this was PRACTISE remember.
Old 1 Aug 2014, 17:12 (Ref:3440810)   #56
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Just a thought, maybe if everyone carried incar camera equipment driving standards could be more closely monitored and viewed if there is a dispute.
Now that's a start cameras very good.idea laps are easy to count