Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 13 Feb 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3204084)   #51
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Lausitz and Rockingham...actually.
C'mon, tell me you wouldn't want to watch Junior getting slideways through Eau Rouge?
Old 13 Feb 2013, 17:19 (Ref:3204130)   #52
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Two notoriously wet countries situated on an another continent. I'm not saying exclude them, btw, they'd be 'on the top of the list but I'd mulling over their climatic conditions if I was them considering it was their only European sojourn. Their entire European leg could be washed out like that, no problem. Of course Spa falls under the same climatic uncertainty by that measure too but get Monza on a good month, your race is guaranteed.

If I was them I'd wrangle an oval in northern europe alright and then go safe and take a track in an arid European country.
Old 13 Feb 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3204202)   #53
tony s
Rookie

Netherlands
Netherlands
tony s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR's Mr George Silbermann introduces the Brands Hatch American SpeedFest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3BRdqGoXWE
Old 14 Feb 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3204304)   #54
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Why do you have to contradict everything I say with a terse remark? At least explain your reasoning, please.

On another note, Monza would be a great, high speed track akin to Watkins Glen... they'd probably have to take the chicane out, though. Also, Spa would be amazing... NASCAR through Eau Rouge.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 02:22 (Ref:3204331)   #55
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
C'mon, tell me you wouldn't want to watch Junior getting slideways through Eau Rouge?
Old 14 Feb 2013, 03:24 (Ref:3204345)   #56
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, big speedways without SAFER barriers and with horrible crash angles are the best...
Old 14 Feb 2013, 15:17 (Ref:3204664)   #57
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
43 Cup cars at Brands Hatch Indy, I mean, Brands Hatch Nascar... could be quite a crashfest.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 21:37 (Ref:3204885)   #58
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
43 Cup cars at Brands Hatch Indy, I mean, Brands Hatch Nascar... could be quite a crashfest.
can you imagine them through Paddock Hill Bend? They wouldn't have a single complete green flag lap
Old 14 Feb 2013, 21:44 (Ref:3204889)   #59
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We need two venues in Europe, right?

So, Lydden Hill and Phoenix Park.
Old 14 Feb 2013, 23:39 (Ref:3204950)   #60
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Why do you have to contradict everything I say with a terse remark? At least explain your reasoning, please.

On another note, Monza would be a great, high speed track akin to Watkins Glen... they'd probably have to take the chicane out, though. Also, Spa would be amazing... NASCAR through Eau Rouge.
...because most of the things you say are wrong and you try and pass them off as if you know everything.

Just my observation.

NASCAR loosened up the rules on SAFER barriers, the two lower divisions don't need them.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3208536)   #61
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, while we're fantasising why not go the whole hog and use THE ORIGINAL oval - Brooklands...

You could probably build a roval using the banking that is left and car parks near the Mercedes complex...
Old 25 Feb 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3210627)   #62
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd definitely make the journey down to Englandland to see a Sprint Cup race at Brand Hatch GP. That would be fantastic.
Old 31 Mar 2013, 11:24 (Ref:3227190)   #63
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
nice drive by Josh Burdon, I think he should've joined the Elite division.

Last edited by FAS33; 31 Mar 2013 at 11:33.
Old 7 Apr 2013, 00:30 (Ref:3230124)   #64
The Original Instag8or
Racer

United States
Veneta, Oregon, USA
The Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Original Instag8or should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Max Papis drove one of those at Monza It's a bit bumpy.

Nascar at road courses won't attract much public. It must be either short ovals or city races on wide streets.
Oooh, Norisring!

If the boring as heck DTM can put on a great race at Norisring every year, imagine how awesome of a show NASCAR would have there.
Old 6 Jul 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3274528)   #65
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NASCAR Whelen Euro Series is new name this series.

I heard that Finland driver Petri Ylinen had to drive full NASCAR Whelen Euro Series season, but something happened, and he is not involved.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 02:08 (Ref:3275686)   #66
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd like to see these guys pile through the Grand Curve and the Parabolica.
Old 9 Jul 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3275780)   #67
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Good to see there's more cooperation between NASCAR and the Euro Series.

Hopefully they have a race at Venray in near future.
Old 10 Jul 2013, 01:38 (Ref:3276135)   #68
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Instag8or View Post
Oooh, Norisring!

If the boring as heck DTM can put on a great race at Norisring every year, imagine how awesome of a show NASCAR would have there.
I feel like they'd run out of brakes, they'd be doing 152 laps around there(350km, NASCAR's road course distance, even though I think they'd truncate it to 150 laps), the brakes wouldn't even last to lap 100, I'd think.
Old 11 Jul 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3276758)   #69
CameronTaylor
Rookie

CameronTaylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if they ran a race at the Eurospeedway, but I can't see them doing a full tour of Europe
Old 12 Jul 2013, 00:58 (Ref:3276837)   #70
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I feel like they'd run out of brakes, they'd be doing 152 laps around there(350km, NASCAR's road course distance, even though I think they'd truncate it to 150 laps), the brakes wouldn't even last to lap 100, I'd think.
Now that we have fuel injection, brakes are the next 'live in the now' item for Nascar to address.
Old 13 Jul 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3277360)   #71
Pescara Productions
Rookie

United Kingdom
The worst road in Leicestershire
Pescara Productions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see NASCAR at Mallory, although it would be a big money raiser for them, I think we all know how eurocar went there.
Old 14 Jul 2013, 00:52 (Ref:3277452)   #72
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Knockhill! Knockhill!!!! Knockhill!!!
Old 19 Jul 2013, 05:58 (Ref:3279274)   #73
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I say Imola would be the best bet. About as long as Montreal, plenty of passing opportunities, lots of high speed sections for stock cars to really stretch their legs, and imagine if Sprint Cup went there... I don't know how much I'd pay to see Ambrose, Smoke, and Brad Keselowski go piling into Acque Minerali.

Old 19 Jul 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3279497)   #74
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pau could be a real challenge.
Old 19 Jul 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3279499)   #75
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Pau could be a real challenge.
Jacques Villeneuve + NASCAR + Pau = very bad things.

I'd expect that there would be literally 20 cars out of the race by lap 10.