Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Jun 2014, 06:18 (Ref:3416447)   #1
adamgittings
Rookie

England
Nuneaton
adamgittings should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My first race at Donington tomorrow.

Once (hopefully) past scrutineering, I'll be entering the TARC's Tricolore Trophy Series for French Cars. If you see a black Clio at the back, it's probably me. I'm in the "Production Class" so only mild modifications are allowed, to keep costs down. Have to say I'm excited and apprehensive as expected.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 08:44 (Ref:3416485)   #2
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Good luck and enjoy the day.

Jim
Old 7 Jun 2014, 10:41 (Ref:3416517)   #3
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck for tommorow did my first ever race at Donny ! it looks like you will have fine weather for it. Im racing in the Sports vs Saloons in a Modsports fiesta

Ian
Old 7 Jun 2014, 12:27 (Ref:3416558)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Have a great day
Old 7 Jun 2014, 13:08 (Ref:3416567)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Best of luck and have a good day.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3416697)   #6
adamgittings
Rookie

England
Nuneaton
Thanks all. Car's all packed and ready to go.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3417561)   #7
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How did it go then?

Jim
Old 9 Jun 2014, 18:24 (Ref:3417716)   #8
rww
Racer

United Kingdom
St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex
rww should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
How did it go then?

Jim
Pretty well if these results are anything to go by. Class win and class fastest lap.

http://www.tsl-timing.com/special/2014/142391nip.pdf
Old 9 Jun 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3417762)   #9
adamgittings
Rookie

England
Nuneaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by rww View Post
Pretty well if these results are anything to go by. Class win and class fastest lap.

http://www.tsl-timing.com/special/2014/142391nip.pdf
Sounds better than it really was, as there were only two of us in the class.
However, I really enjoyed the day. Qualifying was "interesting". Didn't have time to scrub the tyres in before so it was done over the first few laps and I hadn't driven the car in anger before. Had a moment down Craners but managed to keep my foot in and correct it. Our two races were going to be a bit different as the first was just the Tricolore Trophy cars and the second was the same plus the Nippons.
First race started 15th out of 18. I let myself get a bit bullied but had some space, so thought I'd just settle down and learn the car a bit more. Towards the end I saw nobody in my rear mirror so just backed off, to make sure I saw the chequered flag.
Second race I had a plan and fortunately it paid off. I knew that I was quicker than a few of the Nippon cars around me so just went for it off the start as I didn't want to get stuck behind them. Started 23rd but finished 15th, over the moon with the result.
Here's the second race start from the row behind, obviously I'm in the black Clio #9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqmS...o_8rKtORKV_xRA
Old 9 Jun 2014, 22:22 (Ref:3417862)   #10
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
Sounds good, keep at it.

Jim