Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 18 Aug 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3445064)   #1
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SUNDAY AT BRANDS

Who wants to start.....
Old 18 Aug 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3445114)   #2
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was gutted (obviously not as much as you guys) that your race was cancelled, it was one of the races I was looking forward to, I was baffled as to why two full grid races were dropped for races that barely had 10 cars,who had already raced that day and not hung around all day to not even race. Was it a ploy by Rod as he couldn't race lol.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 20:20 (Ref:3445161)   #3
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
I was gutted (obviously not as much as you guys) that your race was cancelled, it was one of the races I was looking forward to, I was baffled as to why two full grid races were dropped for races that barely had 10 cars,who had already raced that day and not hung around all day to not even race. Was it a ploy by Rod as he couldn't race lol.
It would appear we are low down the food chain and not worthy, who will stand up for us ??
Old 18 Aug 2014, 20:47 (Ref:3445178)   #4
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those of us who weren't present what happend?
Old 18 Aug 2014, 22:02 (Ref:3445202)   #5
Bob Gray
Rookie

Bob Gray should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a bad accident on the GP loop in the Lotus race before QMN that damaged the barriers and snapped some posts, the qmns and another race were pulled as they ended up running nearly an hour late. I understand that some of the QMN drivers threatened a protest whilst in the inner paddock. A certain front runner wasn't able to start this particular race so of course it's his fault and is some sort of underhanded ploy that it was pulled.

Last edited by Bob Gray; 18 Aug 2014 at 22:08.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 22:51 (Ref:3445212)   #6
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
Would it have been at all possible to have run a couple of races, say the Golfs and the Atoms on the Indy circuit while the work was being carried out, the Indy circuit was prepared for the F1 demo after all?
Old 18 Aug 2014, 23:20 (Ref:3445224)   #7
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Would it have been at all possible to have run a couple of races, say the Golfs and the Atoms on the Indy circuit while the work was being carried out, the Indy circuit was prepared for the F1 demo after all?
My understanding is that when a MSA permit is issued for a meeting it specifies a particular circuit configuration. As a consequence, I don't believe it possible it is possible to change circuits mid meeting. Also, new practice sessions would also need to held as it is a requirement for both to be held on the same configuration.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 23:41 (Ref:3445229)   #8
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On behalf of the pits/startline crew, very sorry your race was canned. Certainly one of the best on the programme, and not the easiest to lap record, so not boring. I even had the "LAST LAP" board ready, after it was missed on Saturday.

Bryan Degerlund
Starter. ��
Old 19 Aug 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3445308)   #9
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I can think of several reasons why not - the MSA permit will have been issued for the GP Circuit, practice & racing must be on the same circuit, circuit staff would probably have needed to take vehicles round parts of the Indy circuit to get access to the area needing repair . . .
Old 19 Aug 2014, 10:18 (Ref:3445334)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So what happens as far as the championship is concerned? Does the first race still count and the second is null and void or are both dropped? What's the impact on dropped scores?
Old 19 Aug 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3445346)   #11
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Dom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So what happens as far as the championship is concerned? Does the first race still count and the second is null and void or are both dropped? What's the impact on dropped scores?
The first race counts (and points have been published today) but the cancelled race is going to be replaced with another compensation race on the indy circuit in early September. We're still waiting for officials to decide on whether that race will be point scoring or if there will be a change to the dropped scores setup..
Old 19 Aug 2014, 11:00 (Ref:3445347)   #12
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund View Post
On behalf of the pits/startline crew, very sorry your race was canned. Certainly one of the best on the programme, and not the easiest to lap record, so not boring. I even had the "LAST LAP" board ready, after it was missed on Saturday.

Bryan Degerlund
Starter. ��
I did wonder what happened to the board and the time countdown clock!
Old 19 Aug 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3445366)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
The first race counts (and points have been published today) but the cancelled race is going to be replaced with another compensation race on the indy circuit in early September. We're still waiting for officials to decide on whether that race will be point scoring or if there will be a change to the dropped scores setup..
I guess the 'compensation' race would only be for those who were able to race in the cancelled race? Otherwise it would have to be a non-points scoring race surely - if not you could end up with people who weren't entered in the original event getting an extra chance to score points. Bit of a can of worms really!
Old 19 Aug 2014, 17:18 (Ref:3445468)   #14
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Bit of a can of worms really!
In short yes. From memory, I've seen a variety of approaches including limiting entries to those entered in the cancelled race (with both new or original grids being used); opening up entries to all and holding a new qualifying session; and opening up entries, holding a new qualifying session but starting any additional cars from the back with a 10 second delay.
Old 21 Aug 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3445949)   #15
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spurious Question: is there an information centre of similar at Brands where past (say 1980s) race results etc can be researched?
Old 21 Aug 2014, 11:18 (Ref:3445952)   #16
historic racer
Rookie

historic racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now the normal situation is that the meeting carries on in the designated order and the last races are the one's that get cancelled. It was said to me that Rod Birley offered the cancellation of the race to the organisers, this would have some merit as on the slowing down lap of the saturday race his engine ingested a stone and was therefore out of action. This would mean that there was no points loss for himself and the chance to win in the replacement race, there was anger among some drivers with this, as he had no authorisation to carry out any action on their behalf. This information was given to me by a reputable driver who was racing in that meeting and I have no doubt as to its authenticity.
Old 21 Aug 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3446083)   #17
Bob Gray
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by historic racer View Post
Now the normal situation is that the meeting carries on in the designated order and the last races are the one's that get cancelled. It was said to me that Rod Birley offered the cancellation of the race to the organisers, this would have some merit as on the slowing down lap of the saturday race his engine ingested a stone and was therefore out of action. This would mean that there was no points loss for himself and the chance to win in the replacement race, there was anger among some drivers with this, as he had no authorisation to carry out any action on their behalf. This information was given to me by a reputable driver who was racing in that meeting and I have no doubt as to its authenticity.
I heard that Rod Birley offered to cancel the Lotus race that also didn't go ahead aswell
Old 21 Aug 2014, 23:02 (Ref:3446096)   #18
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
That one did baffle me. Cancelling a Lotus race at the Lotus festival.
Old 22 Aug 2014, 09:55 (Ref:3446193)   #19
historic racer
Rookie

historic racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
I heard that Rod Birley offered to cancel the Lotus race that also didn't go ahead aswell
What has that got to do with a sensible discussion on the days events.
Old 22 Aug 2014, 12:20 (Ref:3446228)   #20
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see no sensible discussion, just the Rod Birley moaners club.
Old 22 Aug 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3446239)   #21
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Spurious Question: is there an information centre of similar at Brands where past (say 1980s) race results etc can be researched?
Oil take that as a no
Old 22 Aug 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3446260)   #22
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
There are probably a few anoraks around that have kept results over the years but I would think that the clubs that ran the events at the time like BRSCC/BARC etc might keep result sheets, it's worth dropping them an email as someone with time their hands might just have put them on file !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Aug 2014, 17:47 (Ref:3446307)   #23
Bob Gray
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by historic racer View Post
What has that got to do with a sensible discussion on the days events.
Blaming one single person isn't a sensible discussion, if anyone has to be blamed it should be the driver of the Lotus who crashed

Rod must be some sort of god to be able to do do all these things that he gets blamed for
Old 22 Aug 2014, 18:03 (Ref:3446310)   #24
Dom
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
For those that don't know the official outcome of Sunday, all QMN and TinTops drivers have been given a nice refund by BARC SE; and those who made it as far as the assembly area for the cancelled race get a free (non championship) race on top of that. The championships are now reduced to 15 races and 1 dropped score.
Old 22 Aug 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3446311)   #25
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
For those that don't know the official outcome of Sunday, all QMN and TinTops drivers have been given a nice refund by BARC SE; and those who made it as far as the assembly area for the cancelled race get a free (non championship) race on top of that. The championships are now reduced to 15 races and 1 dropped score.
Yeah, I bet Rod did that.