Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jul 2006, 02:07 (Ref:1666369)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
TGF to put us out of our misery at Monza (maybe)

MS has hinted at Monza (where else) as the place that he will let us all know,one way or another,what he intends to do in 2007.And about time too.http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=125378
Old 28 Jul 2006, 03:21 (Ref:1666391)   #2
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Not really news, this...it has been common knowledge for some time.

I find his use of the word "clever" quite odd...I wonder if there is significance to it, or if it just provides a reminder English is a second language to him?
Old 28 Jul 2006, 21:05 (Ref:1666844)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I wonder if there is significance to it, or if it just provides a reminder English is a second language to him?
He ominously can't speak in proper English like what we can.
Old 28 Jul 2006, 21:40 (Ref:1666853)   #4
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not really news, this...it has been common knowledge for some time.

I find his use of the word "clever" quite odd...I wonder if there is significance to it, or if it just provides a reminder English is a second language to him?
I think it's just his use of a non-native language; the next time you hear him talk in a press conference, listen to see how many times he uses the word "honestly". (BTW, I don't mean to cast doubts on whether Schumacher is being honest; I just think he uses the word as a device to give him time to collect his thoughts in English.)
Old 28 Jul 2006, 22:32 (Ref:1666873)   #5
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Irvine was so right when he said 'Michael has a german head on his shoulders'..

I mean, no offence, but he's been acting like a three-in-one... a premadonna, a jerk and a pain. He says:

'We'll be more clever at Monza'?

I mean a seven times world champion, a 38 year old veteran doesnt know whether he still enjoys driving? Or he cannot make up his mind?

I am quite sure, at the back-paddock, the Ferrari heirarchy, the Lucas must be so annoyed with Michael.
Old 28 Jul 2006, 22:53 (Ref:1666881)   #6
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He meant by that that, by Monza, we will all be more clever, which is true. By then I will have finished my book on the history of the British Navy (a bunch of pirates), Martyn will have completed the plans of his new bathtub mobile, you will have visited new exotic & historic places such as Saskatoon, etc.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 00:42 (Ref:1666918)   #7
Matski
Racer

Matski has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freud
Irvine was so right when he said 'Michael has a german head on his shoulders'..
thanks for pointing this out.... for a moment I though MS might have had an austrailian head on his shoulders, or maybe a canadian head...
Old 29 Jul 2006, 02:53 (Ref:1666939)   #8
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I take "more clever" to mean he'll have a better idea how he'll do in this years championship, who his co-driver would be next year, and perhaps how competitive Ferrari will be next year, all of which will play a role (amongst other things) in his decision I'm sure. So more clever just mean more informed.

I have a hunch Michael wants to retire as champion.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 10:41 (Ref:1667050)   #9
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Schumi will stay for one more year (07 with Ferrari not BMW). with Bridgestone being the sole Tyre supplier in F1 and all the Data the Team will have plus Michael`s No1 status with the team 2007 will be his swan song.
Old 29 Jul 2006, 13:31 (Ref:1667113)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No... there's hope he won't. A tip for that, is that there are people who should be very worried about the future, with the possibility of TGF staying one more year, but strangely are not...
Old 29 Jul 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1667197)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
No... there's hope he won't. A tip for that, is that there are people who should be very worried about the future, with the possibility of TGF staying one more year, but strangely are not...
That's very true.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 16:29 (Ref:1667970)   #12
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Must be a huge dilemma this for him.
I bet in his own mind, he doesn't 'do' anything else so he'll be very concerned about what comes next. It's almost bound to be 'nothing' compared to a GP WC driving for Ferrari.
And it's not as though he comes across a 'driven' individual in any other field like Irvine or Lauda or Berger even.
I agree another winning year with Ferrari would be a good bet for him.
The one thing that would change his mind quickly is if he starts to lose regularly. But I suppose that's only a question of how much money Ferrari throws into winning.
At the moment of course, it could be as simple as Renault shock absorbers.