Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 23 Jul 2002, 12:56 (Ref:340645)   #1
ginettag27
Racer

ginettag27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croft this weekend (27th & 28th) anyone going? (more)

Hi

Just wondering if any other ten-tenthers are going to be at Croft this coming weekend.. I'll be there, racing (at least that's what I call it!)...

Plus there's :

Europa Saloons (D/Header) - the skoda in this recently (this month?) featured in Motorsport magazine...

Kumho BMWs

Westfields

Formula Saloons (ex Touring Cars, Rolling Start)

Formula Renault

Ferrari Challenge (Pirelli Maranello)

MG X-Power K sports

Kumho TVR Tasmins

MG Owners Club

and us! Ginetta's

(phew! packed race weekend or what?)

I've got a few (5) spare, comepetitor, tickets (wristbands) if people are interested or want a free ticket - PM me, hopefully today as I can then post them, or can liaise about mobile numbers etc...

I've got a timetable for the Saturday and Sunday will try to post later..

Hopefully see some of you there!!

EPS
Old 25 Jul 2002, 10:04 (Ref:342288)   #2
ginettag27
Racer

I am offering these tickets for free btw.. (forgot to mention this!)

EPS
Old 25 Jul 2002, 18:02 (Ref:342640)   #3
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've made me very jealous - I love the Formula Saloons especially the Spiderman car (purple Holden with what looks like a Spiders web on the front) and the Europa Sports/Saloons.

Old 26 Jul 2002, 01:01 (Ref:343033)   #4
Kev Smith
Rookie

Kev Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be going one of the mad people in orange please try not to vist me (prob at Tower) may try to pop over sometime over the weekend to say hi
Old 28 Jul 2002, 22:36 (Ref:344825)   #5
ginettag27
Racer

Well! Just got back from a *very* entertaining weekend!!! ;-)

Friday - gearboxes went, on two of our team cars, plus the other car was cutting out at 4K revs... a real mystery.. I couldn't get in to 4th gear and my team mate couldn't get out of 4th gear!! So we all spent most of the day helping the mechanics!!

New gearboxes in and a new flywheel in (cause of cutout)

Saturday - no real track time.. 1st Qualifier, Ginetta's, I got 6th in class (plus the Astralap system had forgotten to work!!), I was quite happy with that. Then Qualified for the Europa race - which was a bit daunting - especially the varied speeds and power of cars involved, got tangled up with a Capri, so didn't get the best out of the session.

Sunday, race day - 3 races, #5, 7 and 12!!!

race 5 Europa, loads going on (understatement!), had a dice with the Capri's!! Passed one, I think and moved on the other.. Ended the race, my Starter Motor had developed a fault so would have to be bump started.. Plus had to get as quickly back to the paddock as possible, to get refuelled and the cars checked, then over to the assembly area for the Ginetta race... The car, tyres, and I was up to temperature!! Made a really good start and was making up places, switched on and doing well, others making mistakes (which is usually me!!) and I was capitalising on their misfortune!! Then I got tagged at the hairpin and then 'red misted'.. Flew down the start/finish straight and totally got the first corner wrong... ended up spinning and of course with the Starter Motor couldn't get going again... The Marshals tried their best, but couldn't bump start it :-( Had to get out of the way as cars would be coming round... Two other cars ended up in the gravel at the first corner.. The race was Red Flagged.. I had taken my balaclava off... Then tried to get ready and try once more to get the car going - thanks to the Marshals for that, but to no avail.. :-( Had to sit out the race - got picked up and taken back to the paddock... Heard the restart on the tannoy - loads of confusion, then their was a restart incident (one car missed 2nd gear and two others hit each other at quite some speed trying to avoid the car with gear trouble) and the race was Red Flagged and aborted.

The race would be run at the end of the day... Grid order and inclusion in it changed every 20 minutes!! 10 laps/5 laps...

Europa race 2 - not so many cars, some having had problems maybe others had, had enough by then.. Made a good start, kept things tidy though - to be able to take part in the Ginetta race later on.. Hustled on of the Capri's - got through and made real inroads on the other one, but somehow, with the overtaking traffic lost a big chunk of time and the other Capri came back and passed me.. All in all though the car felt good and starter motor was back working again - a real bonus!

Ginetta Race.. I was right at the back of the grid for this, as I hadn't finished the first 'race' running... Made a really good start, in a lot of traffic, but had a really fun race, a couple of other G20s had a few problems and I managed to capitalise on that, started about 8th, finished 4th!! and was only about half a metre awaya from being 3rd.. If only...

A really fun weekend - the Europa series is brilliant fun, the Ginetta race(s?) were good - still learning!! The Formula Saloons were entertaining, plus the Ferrari's looked good and sounded good as well!!!

EPS
:-)
Old 29 Jul 2002, 07:30 (Ref:345034)   #6
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like you had a good time!!!!
Old 29 Jul 2002, 08:45 (Ref:345089)   #7
ginettag27
Racer

oh yes

Anglesey in 2 weeks time...