Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Aug 2008, 09:19 (Ref:2263063)   #1
HoTWire
Racer

HoTWire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC 70's Road sports eligibility?

I was really pleased to see an Alfa Sprint out in the 70's Road Sports series on Sunday. However when I went to check the list of what was eligable I found it wasn't on there. How did the car end up racing in the series?

I have a 70's 2 door Coupe (its a Datsun Sunny, don't laugh) which I'm currently preparing to prep, however I don't have a circuit race series regulation to prep towards at the moment. I'm wondering if I need to ask about eligability for the 70's Road Sports series? As its a 78/79 model it isn't eligable for The Masters Series 70's touring..
Old 4 Aug 2008, 11:25 (Ref:2263133)   #2
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you look at the CSCC website and the regs on there, you will be eligable for the future classics series. These are longer 40 min races and very good value. In my opinion a growing friendly club who are going places and getting invites to great meetings.
Old 4 Aug 2008, 16:11 (Ref:2263305)   #3
Highworth
Rookie

England
Wiltshire
Highworth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps I can clear up a bit of confusion here chaps.

CSCC is one orgainsing club with, as Pretty Vacant says, some excellent value race packages, but what HotWire refers to I think is HSCC and the 70's Roadsports Castle Combe event last sunday.

The Alfa Sprint is a relatively new car out run by a pal of mine who also runs an Alfetta. He had a black/orange in quali for some leaking fuel, and after a word with COC, was pemitted to race starting at the back, but seemingly had same problem in the race and was black flagged.

HotWire is correct that it is not a car currently on the eligablility list, but if you contact the HSCC Office and they will consider referring you to the techincal registrar and you can often make a case for the car to be accepted. This was the case a few years ago with my old car (Alfa GT1600 Jnr), when only 1750/2000 GTV's were on the list then, and now Jnrs appear listed in both 1600 and 1300 form. It does take a while for the website list to be updated sometimes.

Hope that helps. HSCC (and particularly the Roadsports - I'm biased !!) is a great friendly club with some very close racing and visit some of the best venues; but in fariness you should also speak to CSCC also and decide then which club and spec you prepare to as they do differ.

Nigel (Europa No 10).
Old 5 Aug 2008, 06:53 (Ref:2263556)   #4
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoTWire
I was really pleased to see an Alfa Sprint out in the 70's Road Sports series on Sunday. However when I went to check the list of what was eligable I found it wasn't on there. How did the car end up racing in the series?

I have a 70's 2 door Coupe (its a Datsun Sunny, don't laugh) which I'm currently preparing to prep, however I don't have a circuit race series regulation to prep towards at the moment. I'm wondering if I need to ask about eligability for the 70's Road Sports series? As its a 78/79 model it isn't eligable for The Masters Series 70's touring..
There's a couple of Alfa Sprints race in the CSCC "Future Classics" series and they would also be eligible for the club's sister series, "Tin Tops". The Datsun would probably be eligible for both series, too. The regs for the different series are on the CSCC web site and are relatively free.

Last edited by andy97; 5 Aug 2008 at 06:57.
Old 5 Aug 2008, 07:14 (Ref:2263565)   #5
HoTWire
Racer

HoTWire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like I'll have an uphill battle trying to convince the HSCC that a Datsun 140Y Coupe is a road sports car. I'll have a look into what their principles for the series are, I don't want to try and shoe horn in a car if its not in keeping

I'll have to have a look on the CSCC site for their regs and try and get along to see them running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highworth
Nigel (Europa No 10).
There you are :

Are you local to me?
Old 5 Aug 2008, 08:09 (Ref:2263600)   #6
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HoTwire, the CSCC are at Oulton Park this weekend (9th August) and are at Castle Combe on 4 Oct, come along if you can. I can't be absolutely sure, but I'd b surprised if the the CSCC did not allow you to run your Datsun in eiher "Tin Tops" or "Future Classics".
Old 5 Aug 2008, 08:29 (Ref:2263612)   #7
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As former Chairman of CSCC but now just a racing member, why don't you ring the office on 0844 8843260 and talk to Hugo or Richard - you will be very welcome. The HSCC Roadsports (which I have also raced in) has quite a lot of regulations, which are regularly policed. The CSCC regulations are short and concise, which means you can do more to the car, and accept that others will do more to their cars as well. You can easily have a car that can run in both (if you have the funds), and with the CSCC you can share the race costs by sharing with a co-driver,which makes it fun. Do come along to a meeting and have a chat, we are very friendly! and so is the HSCC!