Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 30 Jun 2003, 21:00 (Ref:647723)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well, i don't hold out much hope for my 1997 golf. the 1998- is a 4 star car but i can't see my flying brick holding up to much. like michaelc, i too will have to state the obvious and avoid hitting pedestrians...
Old 6 Jul 2003, 12:48 (Ref:653852)   #27
moschops
Rookie

moschops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine's too old to be listed, but as it appears to be made out of 12-gauge steel, I reckon most things would bounce off.

Getting to 40mph would be the hard thing........

Now, where can I find a Fiat Twin-cam? :confused:
Old 8 Jul 2003, 16:45 (Ref:655989)   #28
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well, i didn't hit a pedestrian, but i hit another car at about 35mph, and it's only crumpled slightly. not even squashed the radiator it seems. i'm very impressed (not with other person's driving obviously but with car).
Old 8 Jul 2003, 16:52 (Ref:655995)   #29
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oops. Crunched the new motor?

At least you found out she's solid.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 21:43 (Ref:656266)   #30
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it's absolutely fine except i think it's taken out the switch that turns the fan on when it gets too hot.

a VERY lucky escape. all it needs is a session down the panel beaters for the bonnet and a bit of forceful action on the front where it's been stoved (? freestyle english?) in a bit.

mk 3 golfs - may be really ugly but will save you a lot of money in small accident field

and i had to christen it didn't i?
Old 8 Jul 2003, 22:37 (Ref:656310)   #31
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and you have a great oppertunity to get the 'white van' marks sorted out as well

I assume someone pulled out infront of you? Thats the trouble with dark coloured cars! I know someone who has fitted high-intensity bulbs in the sidelights of his dark green sports car because he got fed up with being mistaken for a fast moving bush!!

Last edited by Bluebottle; 8 Jul 2003 at 22:37.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 22:41 (Ref:656312)   #32
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By the way, it's quite easy to do a tempory fix on the fan switch- take the plug off the switch and join the two contacts on it with a bit of wire so that the fan is constantly on.
Old 8 Jul 2003, 23:50 (Ref:656379)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
this car stopped dead in front of me because she saw a police car on the other side of the road and just assumed it would be moving over onto our side of the dual carriageway. if anyone knows northampton it was outside wootton hall in the 40mph zone. she stood on the brakes and stopped dead. i stood on mine and they didn't quite work well enough and i went nosefirst into the back of her car.
i think she just panicked when she saw the police cars, and over anticipated. note no-one else stopped in any other lane including on the side of the road the police car was. and the police car that came to move us out of the way agreed that there was no need for her to have stopped. she shut up quite a bit after that.

i'll probably do that with the fan switch by the way - the local vw garage gave it a quick check over around the front, and the guy reckoned the vr6 always runs pretty hot. i trust him. he'd better be right because the damn car's off to croft this weekend, and woe betide it if it ever even thinks about braking down.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 01:04 (Ref:656409)   #34
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know what the laws are like over there, but if that happened here, you'd be to blame... following too close. I've been there.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 01:21 (Ref:656415)   #35
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the insurance companies lay blame with the person who drives into the back of the other one.

if i took it to court she might get dangerous driving. but then again i might do too. it depends what the definition is really. if you're in the fast lane you're expected to do more than the speed limit on that strech of road, it's an unwritten rule and she didn't obey it. but unwritten rules mean naff all in court especially when they involve speeding.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 02:59 (Ref:656455)   #36
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess you're going to have to get bigger brakes and stickier tyres.
Old 9 Jul 2003, 07:18 (Ref:656543)   #37
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Porsche is not listed but I'm not looking to crash it and hopefully its strengths will never be tested by anyone else.